IGNORED

Areca Lodge - Walk-in Showers???

harddrive

Someone on another forum just said that they heard (but could not confirm) that some of the refurbished rooms in the Areca and Corona wings now have walk-in showers as opposed to the shower tub combo.

If this is true then the Areca could return as my "goto" hotel in Pattaya.  I love the location, the pools, the little gym and the room sizes but that shower / tub combo is a pain in the ass, especially after a couple of drinks.  Also it is very difficult to share the shower with someone special.

Could anyone confirm if this is true?  If true, what room types have the new showers.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I was also wondering about this, though had no response from the hotel. None of the Thai ladies I spoke to can confirm this also.

That being said, I have noticed on booking.com now their premium room (Forgot what it is called, the one below family room) does show a small walk-in shower with a rainfall shower head. Unsure if i'm allowed to post links, but a quick search will show you.

I stayed in the deluxe room in the newly remolded room in the front Areca building this past December.

The tubs have been removed and replaced with walk-in showers with an rain type shower head.

They also now hot water and the sink which they didn't before the remodel.

LoeTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Anyone know if in the Areca you are required to sign in your girl or can you just walk to your room?  Or what has been your experiences?  Especially with the front Areca building.

Just curious what the standards are here.  Recently at least.  :)

Edited by comfyguy

I was in the Evergreen wing of the Areca over Christmas. The expectation seemed to be that you'd sign in your guests.

I can't say that I tried to just walk a girl through the foyer without signing in though.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

On 25/02/2020 at 08:14, comfyguy said:

Anyone know if in the Areca you are required to sign in your girl or can you just walk to your room?  Or what has been your experiences?  Especially with the front Areca building.

Just curious what the standards are here.  Recently at least.  :)

Just walk through the parking lot, then you don't have to pass the reception. But I do advise you to sign in your guest, for your own safety. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, but:

Areca Lodge has a reception by the main entrance, and the Evergreen wing has its own seperate reception.

If you stay in the Evergreen wing, you do have to walk past their reception on the way to your room and therefore your girl will have to leave ID.  They are very 'matter of fact' about it so dont worry (I used to, but it really isnt a problem for me now).

If you stay in the 'older' side of the hotel with the entrance on Soi Diana, you can (well, when I stayed there) walk down the side between the bar on the right of the entrance and the entrance itself which takes you to the first swimming pool, you can then just turn round and walk through the rear entrance to your room.  However, if you are in the 'Deluxe' Evergreen wing there is no way to get in without walking past reception.

the problem with the signing in is that the girl cannot arrive alone and come up to my hotel room (after the reception calls me to confirm i want her to come up). i need to go downstairs and sign her in. at least that's my understanding. this alone is a dealbreaker imho.
could someone confirm? 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, petehoax said:

the problem with the signing in is that the girl cannot arrive alone and come up to my hotel room (after the reception calls me to confirm i want her to come up). i need to go downstairs and sign her in. at least that's my understanding. this alone is a dealbreaker imho.
could someone confirm? 

I do now remember having to sign a small bit of paper when I bought at least one girl back, so yes, you may have to 'sign them in'.

Didn't try this myself, but the Reception staff at the Areca were very nice to me so I'm sure if you phoned down to them and said you were exepecting a 'friend' and ask her to take her ID and send her straight up when she arrives, I'm sure they would, perhaps asking you to sign the form in advance.

If you really want a girl to just come up to your room then perhaps the Areca is not ideal.  Although I must admit I'd be happier in a hotel that does have some security.

44 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

If you really want a girl to just come up to your room then perhaps the Areca is not ideal.  Although I must admit I'd be happier in a hotel that does have some security.

every other hotel just calls you, if you confirm that you expect a visitor and tell them to "send her up", then the hotel will take her ID and send her up to your room. (and then call you again after she leaves). exactly the same security, but no need for a trip down to the hotel lobby... 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I did have to sign a piece of paper at the Areca, so perhaps it would not work for you.

However, the reception staff were very nice so I'm sure they would try to help if you talked with them beforehand.

I find a condo much better, the ones I have stayed in take a copy of their ID and just send them up.  One girl was asked where she was going and she just showed the security guy our Line discussion on her phone - must have made him smile........

Edited by mattmoore1965x

I stayed  in the Evergreen wing in November 1919, and did have to sign the paper for my friend. Never ordered in . If you have more than one friend, then its 500 baht per night  for each extra lady.

16 hours ago, petehoax said:

could someone confirm? 

This was my experience when I stayed there in mid 2018. Annoying if you're getting one over from TF. That and in bath showers have stopped me returning.

1 hour ago, daytripperz said:

This was my experience when I stayed there in mid 2018. Annoying if you're getting one over from TF. That and in bath showers have stopped me returning.

Getting one from TF that you have seen before, I would want meet her in the lobby and sign her in to make sure she is not a he or doesn't look nothing like her TF photos. Its a whole lot easier to dismiss them in the lobby and not your room.

I have had massage girls that  I knew and knew what room I was in, just walk in and go right to the life and up to my room with out stopping or being stopped. 

LeoTex

Edited by LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.