Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pre-book or just show up

SAcanman

Hello everyone.  I will be arriving around Jan 23 and only need a few nights.  Central or south location, no further than 3rd road and outwards.  Do I need to pre-book or can I just show up and get a relatively clean and safe room for under 600 baht? Will it be hard to find or easy to do?  Thanks all

I always book a room as soon as I pay for my airline ticket - having checked hotel availability before buying the airfare.

But others just turn up and say it works for them.

I like to be on the safe side and have things organised etc

Up to you really - but shooting an email off to a hotel is straight forward ?

Check the hotel section for hotels in your budget price -

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/126-hotels-accommodations-in-pattaya/

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

@SAcanman - Mate, you only have a few days. Why waste precious ‘birding’ time by hunting down accommodation. In the 600thb range, why not try the English Rose...on soi pothole...1 minute walk from the action. Not stayed there personally, but mates who have say it’s a top place in that price bracket. Website below or PM @English rose

http://www.englishrosepattaya.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why would you want to "just show up" rather than booking.

I see guys walking up and down streets lugging suitcases all the time in pattaya - they must be part of the "just show up" crowd

• Like 2

12 Pints in Know it all

Spend a few minutes on a booking site and get it sorted. 

Your time on the ground could be far better spent than chasing hotels.

17 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@SAcanman - Mate, you only have a few days. Why waste precious ‘birding’ time by hunting down accommodation. In the 600thb range, why not try the English Rose...on soi pothole...1 minute walk from the action. Not stayed there personally, but mates who have say it’s a top place in that price bracket. Website below or PM @English rose

Hey LW, thanks for the plug, it's been very busy as of late but I do have 1 room available.

Cheers

Alan.

• Like 1

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

On 15/01/2020 at 13:45, SAcanman said:

Hello everyone.  I will be arriving around Jan 23 and only need a few nights.  Central or south location, no further than 3rd road and outwards.  Do I need to pre-book or can I just show up and get a relatively clean and safe room for under 600 baht? Will it be hard to find or easy to do?  Thanks all

Hi SAcanman, if you're still looking I have a Standard room on the 1st floor for a few days from the 23rd.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Just make sure it's refundable in case the hotel is shit or room is in bad way...

28 minutes ago, jackjimbob said:

Just make sure it's refundable in case the hotel is shit or room is in bad way...

17 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Spend a few minutes on a booking site and get it sorted. 

Your time on the ground could be far better spent than chasing hotels.

Just make sure it's refundable in case the hotel is shit or room is in bad way...

On 16/01/2020 at 01:25, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Looks like a nice place. I'm guessing that they're ok with guests.

Any idea on how much per night they charge?

How close to the bars are they?

Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, Scrazy74` said:

Looks like a nice place. I'm guessing that they're ok with guests.

Any idea on how much per night they charge?

How close to the bars are they?

Thank you in advance.

Mate, English Rose is 1 minute walk to soi Buhakow and 2 minutes from LK Metro. top location for bars, gogos, massage and Baht Bus. I believe prices are from 600 a night.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Mate, English Rose is 1 minute walk to soi Buhakow and 2 minutes from LK Metro. top location for bars, gogos, massage and Baht Bus. I believe prices are from 600 a night.

That's about $20 a night. :o

I'll have to remember them for when I make my visit.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 08:39, jackjimbob said:

Just make sure it's refundable in case the hotel is shit or room is in bad way...

Good idea!

After traveling thousands of miles for hours I could never just show up and look for a place to stay once I got here!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

1. Arrive with only one light bag

2. Before lunch

3. Eat lunch in a place that will hold your bag 

4. Room hunt for a 3-4 night place that is acceptable

5. Over next three days hunt for the ideal place

Booking in advance is a bad idea in my experience. For many reasons. For one, you can't smell the room, listen for construction/nightlife noise, and most important - test the mattress.

It really depends on how you're traveling.  I've done both just show up, and book almost a year in advance.  Neither is right or wrong; it all depends on you, what you're doing, how you're packing, etc.

When I go to Thailand these days I tend to know where I'm going, and know the places I want to stay in; in that situation I book, because popular accommodations can fill up.  On my second trip, I wanted to explore more, and I packed light for two months (a backpack, and a carry on sized duffel), and just showed up places.  I often found open spots, but occasionally I had to do more searching. 

If I was going someplace new for just a few days, I'd probably just book at one of the highest rated spots within my budget and call it done.  There's so much more to do than worry about a room.

• 4 months later...

If you’re new to Pattaya then book ahead of time, plenty of things of soi Lengkee or soi Chaiyapoon. 

If you’re a frequent flyer (or plan to become one) then once you’re there start pounding the pavement and looking for signs that say “room for rent”. A lot of places don’t advertise on the internet, and next time you go, you’ll have a rolodex of emails and phone numbers to contact ahead of time of places you’ve seen and know.

Either way, always book a few days somewhere ahead of time, at least so you'll know what to fill into the form they give you before you land. 

Edited by Zeema

Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. 

Nothing ages like happiness.

- Oscar Wilde -