IGNORED

British expat and Thai man arrested in Pattaya for selling fake watches

The Pattaya News

Pattaya –A British expat and a Thai man have been arrested today in Pattaya and are accused of selling fake brand name watches. A team of police led by Colonel Dunlayapat Taechaphonyasin of the Region 2 Investigation Police have arrested an English expat, Mr. Mark Dorey (Also goes by aliases of Mark Dorez and Mark […]

The post British expat and Thai man arrested in Pattaya for selling fake watches appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

I wish they would arrest the fake watch sellers on Soi Cowboy, they’re extremely annoying.  I’ve had a guy stick a fake watch right in my face, I chased him down the street.  Sometimes the cops will tell them to leave and then there are 6-8 hanging around the Asoke Intersection harassing you while you’re waiting for the light to change.  

Retired

I  know that mark guy...been around a long time:rolleyes:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Does this mean the Rolex I bought for 500 baht is fake?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, fostraswift said:

Working without a work permit will probably result in deportation the likely outcome and possible ban from entering LOS for a few more years afterwards.

4 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Does this mean the Rolex I bought for 500 baht is fake?

No not at all.

For that price its the real thing.

BTW, did it keep running until you at least boarded the plane home?

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

6 hours ago, fostraswift said:

Nice of him to grass his mate up.

9 hours ago, fostraswift said:

A fine upstanding pillar of the expat community then ?   10003495_572042786224209_1800362597_n.jpg.9423f2e864c39cb85497af074c004777.jpg

• Haha 2

Read the thread title and thought is might be the end of a very popular thread on PA.

A lot of people on Pattaya Social Media are very happy to see this Guy get his comeuppance.

Not very popular it would seem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish they would arrest the Indian guys in Phnom Penh selling them. One guy bothered us in two different restaurants about his watches. Told him no means no. 

6 hours ago, Edge said:

A fine upstanding pillar of the expat community then ?   10003495_572042786224209_1800362597_n.jpg.9423f2e864c39cb85497af074c004777.jpg

dint know him that well.. just to see , been around a good few years

I think when somebody has to resort to selling watches to stay in Thailand its time to go home:P

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 hour ago, hatguy said:

I wish they would arrest the Indian guys in Phnom Penh selling them. One guy bothered us in two different restaurants about his watches. Told him no means no. 

I am really annoyed when I say no and they keep putting it under my nose.

But I saw this technic working many times on asian and fareng too. So if it sometimes work, then it's worth for them to keep trying for few minutes even if the customer says no. I understand them.

Well... it annoys me anyway..

26 minutes ago, fostraswift said:

dint know him that well.. just to see , been around a good few years

I think when somebody has to resort to selling watches to stay in Thailand its time to go home:P

He has a home?
He's been ducking and diving around anything and everything for about 8+ years that I know of......a sort of Harris Black type.
Someone tried to make a big scene on FB a year or so ago about the fake watches....I think he was trying to sell them as genuine.

Surprised he's got a Visa never mind a WP but I expect a 'Fine' will sort things out.

Wuxby  sprang to mind when I read the headline....

• Haha 1

On 14/01/2020 at 22:33, Piece Corp said:

I wish they would arrest the fake watch sellers on Soi Cowboy, they’re extremely annoying.  I’ve had a guy stick a fake watch right in my face, I chased him down the street.  Sometimes the cops will tell them to leave and then there are 6-8 hanging around the Asoke Intersection harassing you while you’re waiting for the light to change.  

They all seem to be of India descent too. One wouldn't stop bothering me after I said no and then was mumbling shit for awhile, swearing at me in his language presumably. I then saw them all hanging out together and one of the bar girls buying a coffee was even conversing with them so doesn't seem like they are unwelcome to be doing that shit.