Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Attn Aussie - Bris to DMK Premium Flat Bed - Tip

Atlas

Hi Guys,

Since the introduction of AirAsiaX I have been doing all of my trips with them. They do offer the lowest prices, but of course there is a catch ! 

You literally have to pay extra for everything. When I am solo I may have some checked baggage and choose a seat. I tend to get to the airport just as the booths open to check in and see how many ppl there are. Sometimes it's obvious it's going to be a lots of spare seats, other times not. 

Now here is my tip. If you don't want to pay the premium flat bed price at time of booking, wait until check in and ask for an upgrade. It can save you a bit of $$$. For example :

AirAsia.thumb.png.56bd8fecbba2b7e2c22bbbb6e9ffbb43.png

As these flights are so soon I believe from past experience I would have got the standard fare a little cheaper. But anyway. An upgrade to flatbed is 9000 Bt at check in. 

Trip 1 - 6590 + 9000 = 15590 - 19590 = 4000 Bt saved

Trip 2 - 5478 = 9000 = 14478 - 20478 = 6000 Bt saved

A total of 10,00 Bt to go towards other important things :D

This is just one example, the saving will vary widely depending on the time you book. 

Also note - There is a big chance the flight could be full and you miss out, but my luck has run well even over the Xmas New Year just gone. 

Hope this is of some help :) 

• Like 4

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

great tips, ive been using thai for 10 years  from brisbane and goin g to  switch to air asia any tips on the best seats to get etc

I always go for seat 14C. Turn left as you walk in and it is first seat on the left. In 3 trips I have had the row to myself and I am always first off.

• Like 1

image.png

Wow, thought economy from Brisbane would be cheaper, I can fly direct from Melbourne on Jetstar consistantly for less than that, tho' the biz class is a good deal (Jetstar does not have lie flat seats in Biz).

• Like 1

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

9 hours ago, Bawdy said:

Wow, thought economy from Brisbane would be cheaper, 

If you can purchase during AirAsia sale really cheap. My Jan - Feb is 446 all up & my Oct - Nov is 336 all up

• Like 3

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Direct or KL stopover?

................................................................................................................

BrisVegas - BKK direct. I use carry on & pay for seat selection only ($22 per sector)

I get wheelchair both ends free btw

Edited by froddo

www.sugarcanemafia.com

13 hours ago, Bawdy said:

Wow, thought economy from Brisbane would be cheaper, I can fly direct from Melbourne on Jetstar consistantly for less than that, tho' the biz class is a good deal (Jetstar does not have lie flat seats in Biz).

My last two trips have been $303 before the purchase of the seat. Carry on only.

• Like 1

image.png

Yes if you use the cheap fare you pay extra for every little thing...seat, baggage food etc

Regards, Atlas.

8 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Yes if you use the cheap fare you pay extra for every little thing...seat, baggage food etc

I do pay for my seat because I know the seat best suited for me but apart from that I pay for a coupla bottles of water. All the extras are optional

www.sugarcanemafia.com

18 hours ago, Jebb said:

I always go for seat 14C. Turn left as you walk in and it is first seat on the left. In 3 trips I have had the row to myself and I am always first off.

Is that with Thai or Air Asia ?

Regards, Atlas.

15 hours ago, Bawdy said:

Sydney and Melbourne have a lot more 'direct' options.... It's only just last July that Air asia gave us a 2nd option in Brisbane. Plenty of options if you don't mind layovers, but I do ! :)

Regards, Atlas.

2 hours ago, Atlas said:

Is that with Thai or Air Asia ?

Air Asia.

image.png

2 hours ago, Atlas said:

Sydney and Melbourne have a lot more 'direct' options.... It's only just last July that Air asia gave us a 2nd option in Brisbane. Plenty of options if you don't mind layovers, but I do ! :)

And its not really a second option. they basically just took the days that thai decided not to fly.

I flew air asia over christmas (it was $1000 cheaper than thai), but going forward if the difference was $2-300 I would prefer to go thai. 

Thai has free food, drink, entertainment, (not sure if seat selection is still free) and you arrive at suvarnabhumi

12 Pints in Know it all