IGNORED

Recommendations for daytime pool use.

freddy73

Can anyone recommend a hotel that will allow me to use there pool within walking distance - I expect to be charged.

I'm staying at Sleep with me hotel on soi 19 between 3rd road and Buakhao, which is great, but the pool doesn't get any sun in the afternoon..

Sutus Court charge 80bht for pool use.  The pool gets sun for half of the day, but there is also the massive jacuzzi that is in sun all day.

There is also a spa opposite the top end (East) of Soi 6.  I have not been in but it looked like there was a pool.

Was madz1 joking or is mikes finished and reopened?

6 hours ago, madz1 said:

There is a pool and loungers on the top of Mike shopping mall if that's any use

Thanks, I presumed it was still closed..

Buhakow Soi 15 Centara Azure. The pool serves both hotel and apartment guests, so staff don’t ask you for a room key or anything. It’s good manners to buy a few beers or lunch from the poolside bar though.

DC75E512-EB6F-439B-8EB4-B85EDD5AD6D4.jpeg

On 10/01/2020 at 17:58, madz1 said:

There is a pool and loungers on the top of Mike shopping mall if that's any use

When was the last time you were there ?

On 11/01/2020 at 00:25, freddy73 said:

Thanks, I presumed it was still closed..

It is 

I've had a friend use the 9 Karat condo pool located behind the Soi Arunothai school.  Don't know what he paid and they had a place selling beer and food next to the pool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2020 at 03:33, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Buhakow soi 15 Centara Azure. The pool serves both hotel and apartment guests, so staff don’t ask you for a room key or anything. It’s good manners to buy a few beers or lunch from the poolside bar though.

DC75E512-EB6F-439B-8EB4-B85EDD5AD6D4.jpeg

It looks very nice, but does the sun really rech the pool because of the high building around the pool area?

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

15 minutes ago, Slugger said:

It looks very nice, but does the sun really rech the pool because of the high building around the pool area?

A couple of pics below demonstrate that it does get a mix of sun and shade. For a pool without shade in that area of town try these hotels - Acqua, 24/7, Areca.

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

A couple of pics below demonstrate that it does get a mix of sun and shade. For a pool without shade in that area of town try these hotels - Acqua, 24/7, Areca.

Thanks. It was in my mind when I saw the picture. I have stayed a couple of night at Areca Lodge so I understand what you mean.
I'll check out the hotel for my next trip.

Thanks for the pictures!

• Like 1

I have stayed at Centara before and that is the annoying thing about ground pools. You will get half a day of sun at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I have stayed at Centara before and that is the annoying thing about ground pools. You will get half a day of sun at best.

Bad architects. Like this Pool Villa in Hua Hin for 5,000 bath a night.:Hit_Self:

https://www.traveloka.com/th-th/hotel/thailand/golden-sea-hun-hin-3000020008831

4 hours ago, hioctane said:

I suppose it depends on what you want.  I will steer clear of a hotel with roof top pool as it has no shade.  I like the warmth of the sun, but will always sit in the shade under an umbrella!

Edited by kd_traveller

I suppose it depends on what you want.  I will steer clear of a hotel with roof top pool as it has no shade.  I like the warmth of the sun, but will always sit in the shade under an umbrella!

I would at least like to be given the opportunity for some sun all day. Then when I want to, I’ll go under an umbrella. With these ground pools, I need to wake up pretty early which is not always possible with a barfine.

• Like 1