IGNORED

British tourist dies after firework accident in Central Pattaya

The Pattaya News

Pattaya – A British tourist has been pronounced dead after a firework exploded last evening on Soi 13/2 in Central Pattaya. Captain Nakarat Nonsrilard of the Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 12:30AM on Soi 13/2 near Second Road and the Miami gogo. Police, emergency responders and The Pattaya News rushed to […]

The post British tourist dies after firework accident in Central Pattaya appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Saw a report from Brisbane yesterday about a bloke making homemade fireworks getting a hand blown off and one of his legs broken.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Years ago used to sell coconut bombs at new year. Used explode not bang, guys let them off in small sois like Pattaya Land when that was the place. Your ears rang.

Condolences to the family. 

7 minutes ago, gazO said:

Years ago used to sell coconut bombs at new year. Used explode not bang, guys let them off in small sois like Pattaya Land when that was the place. Your ears rang.

Not seen those for a while.

Very sad loss for the man and his family one moment of madness.

Anyone from the UK of his generation should remember how they was always told to leave fireworks alone if they don’t go off on bonfire night.

Really crazy that these cheap fireworks are allowed to be sold so randomly in the street.

I read it on Bangkok Post ...... seems like the incident happened around the Bodega Bar opp the Avenue. Could have happen to any of us , I think the firework didn't explode and he was just around looking at it.

'Ms Wassana Ngontai, 24, who witnessed the explosion, told police that the Briton and his friends were celebrating New Year's at the bar. He tried to light the firework in front of the bar twice, but failed. 

She later noticed there was smoke coming from the firework while he was still in close proximity. Suddenly, it exploded, she said. '

Poor guy , RIP

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Some fuck wit farang decided it was a good idea to light one of these cannons in the middle of the soi outside a bar just beside my place...he lit it and people backed into the bar he came out of waiting for the "fun" to begin...the fukn thing fell over and fired in to the same bar and exploded..luckily nobody was hurt.

RIP to this bloke.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

It will be interesting to see if the "Red Top" press in the UK pick this up and what spin they put on it if they do. 

4 hours ago, gmingot said:

It will be interesting to see if the "Red Top" press in the UK pick this up and what spin they put on it if they do. 

Would be more interesting if there is an outrage in the local rags, which might get the authorities to actually act on the problem.

6 hours ago, English rose said:

Some fuck wit farang decided it was a good idea to light one of these cannons in the middle of the soi outside a bar just beside my place...he lit it and people backed into the bar he came out of waiting for the "fun" to begin...the fukn thing fell over and fired in to the same bar and exploded..luckily nobody was hurt.

RIP to this bloke.

Not sure if this is the same incident but here is the whole thing on video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIYbczV-PfY&feature=youtu.be&t=4225

I can see why it was intended to be a harmless joke but I mean. People lose sense when they get pissed and have a bunch of girls to impress. RIP to the dead guy, cheated out of life. Be safe all, if you play with feathers be prepared to get your arse tickled.

Edited by Bitcoin
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bitcoin said:

No

1 hour ago, Bitcoin said:

I can see why it was intended to be a harmless joke but I mean. People lose sense when they get pissed and have a bunch of girls to impress. RIP to the dead guy, cheated out of life. Be safe all, if you play with feathers be prepared to get your arse tickled.

If you are the fat bloke with the glasses in the vblog just a heads up, you are really really irritating.

16 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

If you are the fat bloke with the glasses in the vblog just a heads up, you are really really irritating.

You can go have a good cry in this thread; 

No that's not me, I was watching his livestream when it happened and noticed the guy who I quoted saw something similar on the same soi in the video. Not too sure why Tom being fat or subjectively annoying has anything to do with the topic though. Sounds like you need a beer, angry little man. 

Edited by Bitcoin

1 minute ago, Bitcoin said:

You can go have a good cry in this thread; 

No that's not me, I was watching his livestream when it happened and noticed the guy who I quoted saw something similar on the same soi. Not too sure why him being fat or subjectively annoying has anything to do with the topic though. Sounds like you need a beer, angry little man.

Your random tedious 3.5 hour video has nothing to do with the topic either. If you were the vblogger, I was offering generous advice..i.e. you are irritating and therefore, maybe change that or get a new hobby. As you say you are not, you are only irritating for posting vacuous meaningless video links on here. 

2 hours ago, Bitcoin said:

No that's not the video. There was CCTV of the incident on some Thai news channel earlier. Looked awful. I'd guess he never knew anything about it, the poor sod :(

I think I saw what you linked to as I was leaving my room last night, the thing fell over and there was a lot of smoke. Just a shame it didn't set a dirty pair of Adidas trackie bottoms on fire.

12 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

No that's not the video. There was CCTV of the incident on some Thai news channel earlier. Looked awful. I'd guess he never knew anything about it, the poor sod :(

I think I saw what you linked to as I was leaving my room last night, the thing fell over and there was a lot of smoke. Just a shame it didn't set a dirty pair of Adidas trackie bottoms on fire.

lmao, them trackies are highly flammable by now for sure. I know that video wasn't the video of the guy who died, I thought it was a video of another incident/what another member was talking about. English Rose said he saw some guy set a firework off on Soi Chaiyapoon, sounded like the same situation Tom got on livestream.

13 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

Your random tedious 3.5 hour video has nothing to do with the topic either. If you were the vblogger, I was offering generous advice..i.e. you are irritating and therefore, maybe change that or get a new hobby. As you say you are not, you are only irritating for posting vacuous meaningless video links on here. 

Are you retarded or something? The user English Rose made a comment about some guy setting off a firework on Soi Chaiyapoon, that timestamped video takes you to a livestream by Tom, which shows a similar incident on the same soi. Nobody asked you to click it, and nobody asked you to watch a 3.5 hour video, it is a 30 second incident which if you click on the video you will see the video stars at the time the firework incident cracked off. You're the one who came into this topic, and took it off topic by being a internet bully calling a guy probably half your age fat and annoying offering your unsolicited advice, most likely because you dislike these vloggers/live-streamers, whatever your opinion on that is, I could not give a shit, but don't be involving me with your toxic attitude. You made an assumption, just like I did, and was wrong. So, relax yourself.

Edited by Bitcoin
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Yep, it's not going end well there either, I guess.

Loads of Thai girls sharing the footage of the man dying on Facebook. Quite morbid of you ask me. Why he puts his head over the firework is beyond me. 

Rip fella. 

Ps. Aren't fireworks illegal to possess in Thailand without a lisence? Sure I've seen an episode of banged up abroad where a lad from England gets locked up in Phuket for handling one. Punishable under the firearms offence I think... 

• Like 1