Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya air pollution at a very high level, local residents concerned

The Pattaya News

Pattaya – The 2.5 PM particulate matter in the air in Pattaya has reached 162 Micrograms/cubic metres which was measured today at 3:30PM alarming both local residents and tourists due to potential health concerns. Pattaya currently sees smog blanketing the city especially from high buildings and at the beaches. The islands and boats in the […]

The post Pattaya air pollution at a very high level, local residents concerned appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

On a different note:

Has anyone been to Bangkok recently via the Motorway #7?

I traveled up that way this past Saturday and I noticed something alarming to me.  The hills outside of Leam Chebang and Sriracha before you hit Chonburi are all brown instead of being covered in the usual green foliage.  I have lived in Pattaya since 2011 and I have never seen the underbrush and trees so brown - this early in the 'dry season' - which has only just begun.

All it is going to take is one lit cigarette and there could possibly be wild fires ignited outside of Pattaya - and - if it is a windy day - the flames could spread quickly. There would possibly be a huge volume of smoke from the burning underbrush, trees and possibly buildings hanging over Pattaya - making it difficult to breathe...

These are a few photos that I took from a moving vehicle with my phone camera last Saturday morning about 10:30 AM - 30 minutes outside of Pattaya from the motorway.

December 15 Brown side of motorway.jpg

December 15 brown underbrush.jpg

December 15 bown hills.jpg

December 15 Brown truck park.jpg

Pattaya is very inhealthy,

at night the traffic is horrendous..

you can see the smog form car light etc..

its not so bad  if there is some wind but usually its very bad

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I can't believe The Pattaya News would put out Fake News...or are they now part of the Mainstream Media :Dunno:

2 hours ago, fostraswift said:

Pattaya is very inhealthy,

at night the traffic is horrendous..

you can see the smog form car light etc..

its not so bad  if there is some wind but usually its very bad

And still, they want to attract tourists...

Hopefully they’ll figure out a way to bring it out of the unhealthy range.

Edited by ctp2018

Here is a Thai News Story saying that Pattaya was shrouded in smog, yesterday afternoon.

https://www.77kaoded.com/content/1113327

33-225-1280x720.jpg

Yet I walked from the Dusit to the Bali Hai and back again yesterday afternoon, and would say visibility is no worse than it normally is at this time of the year, and certainly no smog or the like.

Been noticing this for the past week or so, that some media outlets have been expecting the same air quality as we were suffering at this time last year, and have had stories ready .... and it has not happened (yet) but its fuck it, print it anyway.

Believe me, smog is the least of your worries in Pattaya at the moment.

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Believe me, smog is the least of your worries in Pattaya at the moment.

Unfortunately this is a wrong statement.

Believe me, air quality is really bad and toxic in Pattaya. And yesterday afternoon it was terrible, just as shown in the picture above. Better to avoid Pattaya and Bangkok at the moment.

Edited by Steeve69

11 minutes ago, Steeve69 said:

Unfortunately this is a wrong statement.

Believe me, air quality is really bad and toxic in Pattaya. And yesterday afternoon it was terrible, just as shown in the picture above. Better to avoid Pattaya and Bangkok at the moment.

I can assure that picture was NOT taken yesterday afternoon.

13 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I can assure that picture was NOT taken yesterday afternoon.

Maybe but the situation was similar.

Picture taken yesterday afternoon :

IMG_20191217.thumb.jpg.ab4278227dc931896c687017025884f7.jpg

• Like 1