IGNORED

Ramen Ippudo at Central Festival

Evil Penevil

thanks another great review from you. Whats that bun thing in the 2nd last pic?

I think at 4-430pm , not many are looking to eat.

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk
  • Thanks 1

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Just now, mmaaarrrkkk said:

thanks another great review from you. Whats that bun thing in the 2nd last pic?

I think at 4-430pm , not many are looking to eat.

It's a chicken teriyaki bun, a piece of fried chicken with teriyaki sauce in an Asian style steamed bun.  I can't remember the exact price, but it wasn't expensive - maybe 80 baht?  There are several other buns on the menu, one of Ippudo's fusion "innovations."

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing some phone repair stops in Central Festival today. The ios 13 update caused my 4 month old iPhone XS to go belly up and it needed to be sent into some kind of Apple guru center. You can only do this in the Pattaya area from the iCare Center on the 4th floor of Central Festival.

I decided to try Ippudo with the GF. Neither she nor I are big Ramen fans, but I really liked it. She not so much.

I ordered pretty much the same thing as Evil did. The broth was just fantastic. I asked for garlic and ginger, but they never arrived at the table. The place was pretty busy at a little before 2 on a Sunday, so I'll give them a pass on that one. I added a little of the 7 spice chili pepper powder and it took it to an even better level.

All in all, well worth a try and it tastes nothing like the packaged stuff.

• Thanks 1

I've eaten at Ramen Ippudo in NYC.  First time, I went willingly and paid - the second was an invitation.

Here's my review:

• Overpriced as fuck.  Ordered a Ramen & Beer, and it came out to about 1000+ baht ($33 USD) with tax and tip.
  • Broth was good, but not $33 worth.
  • Portion was average.  They offered a second round of noodles for an additional $4 or $5, but NO refills on broth.  You would need to order a whole new ramen to get more broth.  I passed.
  • Atmosphere if fine.

Overall, I won't return.  The ramen (to me) was mediocre at best, and way overpriced for what it is.  I know of other places in NYC that offer superior ramen, for $14, and comes with three pieces of chashu, and even that is considered overpriced.  Besides, I once lived in Japan for two years.  Ramen there is considered "comfort" food, and is meant to be eaten and then you leave.  I would usually get a bowl for about 700 yen.   1000 yen if it was considered a "premium" ramen order.  Think of McDonald's or a small coffee shop (usually seats 15-20 people at a time).  You get your ramen, you eat, and you leave.  In NYC they're trying to make it an "experience" dish.  That would be like me going to Japan and trying to make Joe's pizza a gourmet experience.  Not going to happen.

I'll give it some thought if I'll try this new ramen spot at Central Festival.  The only attractive point here is that it's about 150 baht ($5).  Anyway, thanks for the review OP, it's nice to know and maybe on one of my next trips, I'll give it a shot.

I had spicy Ramen today at ipuddo

It was really good

Went for special 310 

Bill for both of us was 780 with couple of drinks expensive for a soup but was good though 

It's an expensive soup to make if it's done properly 

Not hand pulled noodles but still firm and tasty broth

And 72 degree egg was done perfectly 

• Thanks 1