IGNORED

Good snacks and good bread at New Big C Beachroad

hungryandy

Yesterday afternoon investigated the Supermarket and food hall area in the new Big C on beach road.

Entrance to the supermarket has a good selection of bread freshly made on site.

Got a squat soccer ball shaped loaf that the girl said was white bread - but turned out to have a heavier flour. Still was most excellent.

The Food hall area (vendors not the supermarket) seemed to have a good variety of foods and looked clean and fresh.

they were cooking up what looked like Pratom Goh and the smell was to die for just at th supermarket end. These were a slightly different texture from the traditional street version (which is more like a chewy cheux pastry). These are REALLY REALLY good and can be bought as a set of 3 with a dipping custard for 40 baht.

Bought some REALLY fresh and tasty Sushi from MR SUSHI stand along the wall - 10 baht a piece. Again good value.

BIG SURPRISE - I was looking unsuccessfully for a capuchino to go with this and ended up begrudgingly buying a coffee from the stand behind the Pratom Goh stand (also sells fruit shakes etc).

First surprise was when the katoy poured it Malaysian style. Second surprise was the taste EXCELLENT ! For those that have had Malaysian style coffee, it is very similar but not as bitter.

To top it off - on a week day at least - NO parking problems !!

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

Bought some REALLY fresh and tasty Sushi from MR SUSHI stand along the wall - 10 baht a piece. Again good value.

BIG SURPRISE - I was looking unsuccessfully for a capuchino to go with this and ended up begrudgingly buying a coffee from the stand behind the Pratom Goh stand (also sells fruit shakes etc).

First surprise was when the katoy poured it Malaysian style. Second surprise was the taste EXCELLENT ! For those that have had Malaysian style coffee, it is very similar but not as bitter.

Sushi and cappuccino. A new and interesting combination

Sushi and cappuccino. A new and interesting combination

a good Sushi combines well with everything

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

Yesterday afternoon investigated the Supermarket and food hall area in the new Big C on beach road.

Got a squat soccer ball shaped loaf that the girl said was white bread - but turned out to have a heavier flour. Still was most excellent.

The Food hall area (vendors not the supermarket) seemed to have a good variety of foods and looked clean and fresh.

they were cooking up what looked like Pratom Goh and the smell was to die for just at th supermarket end. These were a slightly different texture from the traditional street version (which is more like a chewy cheux pastry). These are REALLY REALLY good and can be bought as a set of 3 with a dipping custard for 40 baht.

UPDATE - Went there yesterday and the coffee was a disappointment. They have replaced the Katoy coffee pourer with a rather flirtatious lady - who just didnt get making that style of coffee. Other wise still all good.

are you talking about the Central Food Market in the basement of the Central Festival Mall on Beach road and Soi 9? this is not Big C but is affiliated with Topps Market

So far I have been pretty impressed with the new Central festival on the beach road.

The parking was set up pretty well and there were lots of spaces also there was no charge! That was a surprise.

Teh TOPS was laid out pretty nicely, but I did not see a lot of specialty items (for farangs). I guess we still have to go to Villa for those.

I crused the mall for over an hour and I did not get through all of it. It is a vry large retail space for Pattaya. I did not even try the Central store, saving that for tomorrow with the family.

Supporting Thai ladies donation by donation.

are you talking about the Central Food Market in the basement of the Central Festival Mall on Beach road and Soi 9? this is not Big C but is affiliated with Topps Market

Yep - thats the one. DFO Error on my part.

Edited by hungryandy

• 1 month later...