IGNORED

Villa Market dinner

hungryandy

I have eaten at Villas fast food section a few times.

Always variable, but getting worse.

Went there 3 weeks ago for scrambled eggs and bacon. REALLY nicley presented, eggs gad a nice tasted color and consistency - bacon was perfectly cooked and looked like bacon.

Went there on Monday and what a disaster.

4 people with out means in front of us and another 4 served already - not exactly busy.

Ordered the scrambled eggs and the Msrs orders Rut Naa Pork . . . .

Took 10 minutes for the toast and coffee to arrive (terrible bitter coffee), and 5 minutes after that for "Something" to arrive offered as scrambled eggs and bacon. Yellows, with lots of greyish greenish colour, full of salt and pepper - not just seasoned. A very poor impersonation of what looked like multiply reheated bacon.

Tried some - and sent it back to the total disgruntlement of the staff. Told them to change it for 2 fried eggs. My wife's Rut Naa arrives - with Chicken not pork. She is told "Mia pen lie" Never Mind.

WRONG RESPONSE. She tells them firmly to go make it pork as ordered.

After another 10 minutes my 2 fried eggs arrive - only just warm.

By this time its 30 minutes after we originally ordered and the boss still doesn't have her Rut Naa so we tell them to cancel it. Again another big show of "this is a terrible inconvenience to us" from the staff.

If they put half the effort into doing a good job that they put into showing how unhappy they were, then all of this could have been a very different story.

PS went from there there to Foodland to do the shopping and for my wife to eat, and as usual Foodland's Tool La Dee was full. While Food land is not immune from stuff ups, getting them rectified is never a trauma. Probably a prty good reason why Foodland's Took La Dee is always busy and Villa is always empty.

Edited by hungryandy

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

i agree, the villa market service is so poor.

i think it is a good indicator of how the foodland quality is perceived, as its always rammed, mainly with thai's. so it cant be bad, and its 24 hours.

villa market was good for the first week it opened, its gone downhill from therein.

mainly due to the lack of customers, its all microwaved and reguritated, nothing fresh - even though they have a supermarket next door!! D'oh

this is thailand though , iniit.

Don't like the place either. A burger I got there was foul, couldn't eat it and I'm not a fussy fucker. It's also overpriced IMO. The only nice thing I've had was Tom Yum Kung, but you could get the same thing elsewhere with twice as many prawns for less money. I won't be back.

Edited by markus_welby

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

I know 2 people who got food poisoning after eating there.

Testicles