IGNORED

Report Address a question

englishman

I know when I arrive to stay in my rented condo that I have to go to immigration to report my address, something that is supposed to be done by my landlord but hey it only takes an hour to do this . I also know that this has to be done with in 24 hours ? although I think it's now 48 hrs?

Ok so the question is ... What if I don't go directly to my condo in Jomtien ..what if I spend a few days or a week in BKK or some other place..I know the hotels have to report who is staying, but what happens when I go to immigration say a week later to report my address, they will see I have been in country for x amount of days..how would this work ?  I know you have to include a photo copy of the landing card and my METV and stamp so they can see my arrival date ... any ideas or help anyone ?

thanks Eman

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Just keep a copy of your hotel booking / receipt to prove you have stayed elsewhere , can't see it being an issue 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just keep a copy of your hotel booking / receipt to prove you have stayed elsewhere , can't see it being an issue 

Yes I guess that may work ..BUT what if you didn't stay at a hotel say a friends house ..then technically would you have to do a report address for that residence ?

1 minute ago, englishman said:

Yes I guess that may work ..BUT what if you didn't stay at a hotel say a friends house ..then technically would you have to do a report address for that residence ?

Yes your friend should do the report in that situation 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Anywhere you stay has to complete a TM30 to report you are staying there. It is the hotel/condo owner/landlord/house owner who has the responsibility not you.

If you do not need to go to an Immigration Office during your stay (eg for an Extension) then it really isn’t an issue anyway.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

Anywhere you stay has to complete a TM30 to report you are staying there. It is the hotel/condo owner/landlord/house owner who has the responsibility not you.

If you do not need to go to an Immigration Office during your stay (eg for an Extension) then it really isn’t an issue anyway.

Yes I know it's their responsibility but my landlord wants nothing to do with it so it falls to me . 

In my case for my next trip I want to spend a week in Hua Hin then go to my condo it patts , it's easier to go to HH direct from the airport rather than drag every thing to patts first. I won't need to go to Immigration for an extension because I have a METV and I will have to leave after my 60 days is up and then return ....So if i didn't register at all ?  you think not an issue ?  though I know it would not really be correct

thanks for the input

13 minutes ago, englishman said:

Yes I know it's their responsibility but my landlord wants nothing to do with it so it falls to me . 

In my case for my next trip I want to spend a week in Hua Hin then go to my condo it patts , it's easier to go to HH direct from the airport rather than drag every thing to patts first. I won't need to go to Immigration for an extension because I have a METV and I will have to leave after my 60 days is up and then return ....So if i didn't register at all ?  you think not an issue ?  though I know it would not really be correct

thanks for the input

The only check is if you go to Immigration for an Extension or similar. They’ll then likely fine you if no TM30 has been done. It should be the landlord that gets fined but you’re the one in the Office so they’ll take it for you. Otherwise there are no issues. 

BTW, if the landlord refuses to do it he is breaking the law. Find another condo. You’ll need details of condo ownership/tenancy etc anyway to do the TM30. If he won’t give you paperwork then you can’t do it. I guess you could try and then get him in the shit - but then you may need to find another condo anyway.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

^^^^ This

If you've no reason to attend Immigration (other than the TM30 BS) why on earth would you bother?

& even if you did you just complete the TM30 before you do

49 minutes ago, davidge said:

The only check is if you go to Immigration for an Extension or similar. They’ll then likely fine you if no TM30 has been done. It should be the landlord that gets fined but you’re the one in the Office so they’ll take it for you. Otherwise there are no issues. 

BTW, if the landlord refuses to do it he is breaking the law. Find another condo. You’ll need details of condo ownership/tenancy etc anyway to do the TM30. If he won’t give you paperwork then you can’t do it. I guess you could try and then get him in the shit - but then you may need to find another condo anyway.

yes ...I got caught for the fine a couple years back when i tried to extend ..1600 baht ( different condo)

My land lord it ok for providing the paper I need ,,he just won't do the registering ...it's easier for me to go do it than argue with him..October it took me all of about 30 mins..again thanks for the input

On 12/12/2019 at 07:06, englishman said:

I know when I arrive to stay in my rented condo that I have to go to immigration to report my address, something that is supposed to be done by my landlord but hey it only takes an hour to do this . I also know that this has to be done with in 24 hours ? although I think it's now 48 hrs?

Ok so the question is ... What if I don't go directly to my condo in Jomtien ..what if I spend a few days or a week in BKK or some other place..I know the hotels have to report who is staying, but what happens when I go to immigration say a week later to report my address, they will see I have been in country for x amount of days..how would this work ?  I know you have to include a photo copy of the landing card and my METV and stamp so they can see my arrival date ... any ideas or help anyone ?

thanks Eman

ask yourself do I need to go to immigration myself to extend my visa at any point in my trip with  METV

if you get a no do nothing 

As mentioned 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

4 hours ago, talung66 said:

ask yourself do I need to go to immigration myself to extend my visa at any point in my trip with  METV

if you get a no do nothing 

As mentioned 

Guess that would be a NO...I do have to leave after 60 days to do a border run  I won't need to go to immigration for any reason

8 minutes ago, englishman said:

Guess that would be a NO...I do have to leave after 60 days to do a border run  I won't need to go to immigration for any reason

You don’t HAVE to do a border run after 60 days, you can extend by another 30 days at immigration - though you’ll, obviously, need to get the TM30 done when you arrive if you do this.

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

You don’t HAVE to do a border run after 60 days, you can extend by another 30 days at immigration - though you’ll, obviously, need to get the TM30 done when you arrive if you do this.

I thought you HAD to leave the country and return after 60 days ? and that gives you another 60 ?

15 minutes ago, englishman said:

I thought you HAD to leave the country and return after 60 days ? and that gives you another 60 ?

With an METV you can extend each 60 day stay by a further 30 days at Immigration. Others will know better than me but I think it’s 1900 baht & the appropriate paperwork.

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

With an METV you can extend each 60 day stay by a further 30 days at Immigration. Others will know better than me but I think it’s 1900 baht & the appropriate paperwork.

Ah Ok ..understand...but if i want to get another 60 days after my first 60 days then a border run is the way to go ?  but if i only want to extend by 30 days then I can do so at immigration ? 

20 years of trips and I'm still learning ..thanks  ( though in my defense I've only been doing these longer stays the last 2 years) 

Just now, englishman said:

Ah Ok ..understand...but if i want to get another 60 days after my first 60 days then a border run is the way to go ?  but if i only want to extend by 30 days then I can do so at immigration ? 

20 years of trips and I'm still learning ..thanks  ( though in my defense I've only been doing these longer stays the last 2 years) 

That’s right, though you could the 60 + 30 then do a border run to get another 60 if you wanted.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

That’s right, though you could the 60 + 30 then do a border run to get another 60 if you wanted.

Ok ..thank you for the help

2 hours ago, davidge said:

2 hours ago, englishman said:

Yes exactly your last +60 day on METV might be more than you need so a trip to immigration for +30 might suit better  than spending around 7 to 9 hours in a van for a border run or you might just want to make every 60 days 90 anyhow.

Total costs

A Border run dependent on who you go with  2300  to 2800 you pay extra for comfort 

Extension 1900 do it yourself then you need TM30 or 3000 for agency to do it for you and you won't (most probably) i did it with maarnerat soi post office without one last year zero issues.

This year did it myself with one only because the baht is shite value now and  i prefer the 1100 in my pocket so i made my landlord get one. . 

The Appropriate paperwork in thread added see post 4

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.