Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Report Address a question


englishman
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know when I arrive to stay in my rented condo that I have to go to immigration to report my address, something that is supposed to be done by my landlord but hey it only takes an hour to do this . I also know that this has to be done with in 24 hours ? although I think it's now 48 hrs?

Ok so the question is ... What if I don't go directly to my condo in Jomtien ..what if I spend a few days or a week in BKK or some other place..I know the hotels have to report who is staying, but what happens when I go to immigration say a week later to report my address, they will see I have been in country for x amount of days..how would this work ?  I know you have to include a photo copy of the landing card and my METV and stamp so they can see my arrival date ... any ideas or help anyone ?

  thanks Eman

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just keep a copy of your hotel booking / receipt to prove you have stayed elsewhere , can't see it being an issue 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just keep a copy of your hotel booking / receipt to prove you have stayed elsewhere , can't see it being an issue 

Yes I guess that may work ..BUT what if you didn't stay at a hotel say a friends house ..then technically would you have to do a report address for that residence ?

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, englishman said:

Yes I guess that may work ..BUT what if you didn't stay at a hotel say a friends house ..then technically would you have to do a report address for that residence ?

Yes your friend should do the report in that situation 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anywhere you stay has to complete a TM30 to report you are staying there. It is the hotel/condo owner/landlord/house owner who has the responsibility not you.

If you do not need to go to an Immigration Office during your stay (eg for an Extension) then it really isn’t an issue anyway.

  • Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

Anywhere you stay has to complete a TM30 to report you are staying there. It is the hotel/condo owner/landlord/house owner who has the responsibility not you.

If you do not need to go to an Immigration Office during your stay (eg for an Extension) then it really isn’t an issue anyway.

Yes I know it's their responsibility but my landlord wants nothing to do with it so it falls to me . 

In my case for my next trip I want to spend a week in Hua Hin then go to my condo it patts , it's easier to go to HH direct from the airport rather than drag every thing to patts first. I won't need to go to Immigration for an extension because I have a METV and I will have to leave after my 60 days is up and then return ....So if i didn't register at all ?  you think not an issue ?  though I know it would not really be correct

thanks for the input

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, englishman said:

Yes I know it's their responsibility but my landlord wants nothing to do with it so it falls to me . 

In my case for my next trip I want to spend a week in Hua Hin then go to my condo it patts , it's easier to go to HH direct from the airport rather than drag every thing to patts first. I won't need to go to Immigration for an extension because I have a METV and I will have to leave after my 60 days is up and then return ....So if i didn't register at all ?  you think not an issue ?  though I know it would not really be correct

thanks for the input

The only check is if you go to Immigration for an Extension or similar. They’ll then likely fine you if no TM30 has been done. It should be the landlord that gets fined but you’re the one in the Office so they’ll take it for you. Otherwise there are no issues. 
 

BTW, if the landlord refuses to do it he is breaking the law. Find another condo. You’ll need details of condo ownership/tenancy etc anyway to do the TM30. If he won’t give you paperwork then you can’t do it. I guess you could try and then get him in the shit - but then you may need to find another condo anyway.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Anywhere you stay has to complete a TM30 to report you are staying there. It is the hotel/condo owner/landlord/house owner who has the responsibility not you.

If you do not need to go to an Immigration Office during your stay (eg for an Extension) then it really isn’t an issue anyway.

^^^^ This

 

If you've no reason to attend Immigration (other than the TM30 BS) why on earth would you bother?

 

& even if you did you just complete the TM30 before you do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, davidge said:

The only check is if you go to Immigration for an Extension or similar. They’ll then likely fine you if no TM30 has been done. It should be the landlord that gets fined but you’re the one in the Office so they’ll take it for you. Otherwise there are no issues. 
 

BTW, if the landlord refuses to do it he is breaking the law. Find another condo. You’ll need details of condo ownership/tenancy etc anyway to do the TM30. If he won’t give you paperwork then you can’t do it. I guess you could try and then get him in the shit - but then you may need to find another condo anyway.

yes ...I got caught for the fine a couple years back when i tried to extend ..1600 baht ( different condo)

My land lord it ok for providing the paper I need ,,he just won't do the registering ...it's easier for me to go do it than argue with him..October it took me all of about 30 mins..again thanks for the input

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2019 at 07:06, englishman said:

I know when I arrive to stay in my rented condo that I have to go to immigration to report my address, something that is supposed to be done by my landlord but hey it only takes an hour to do this . I also know that this has to be done with in 24 hours ? although I think it's now 48 hrs?

Ok so the question is ... What if I don't go directly to my condo in Jomtien ..what if I spend a few days or a week in BKK or some other place..I know the hotels have to report who is staying, but what happens when I go to immigration say a week later to report my address, they will see I have been in country for x amount of days..how would this work ?  I know you have to include a photo copy of the landing card and my METV and stamp so they can see my arrival date ... any ideas or help anyone ?

  thanks Eman

ask yourself do I need to go to immigration myself to extend my visa at any point in my trip with  METV

if you get a no do nothing 

As mentioned 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

 IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, talung66 said:

ask yourself do I need to go to immigration myself to extend my visa at any point in my trip with  METV

if you get a no do nothing 

As mentioned 

Guess that would be a NO...I do have to leave after 60 days to do a border run  I won't need to go to immigration for any reason

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, englishman said:

Guess that would be a NO...I do have to leave after 60 days to do a border run  I won't need to go to immigration for any reason

You don’t HAVE to do a border run after 60 days, you can extend by another 30 days at immigration - though you’ll, obviously, need to get the TM30 done when you arrive if you do this.

 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

You don’t HAVE to do a border run after 60 days, you can extend by another 30 days at immigration - though you’ll, obviously, need to get the TM30 done when you arrive if you do this.

 

I thought you HAD to leave the country and return after 60 days ? and that gives you another 60 ?

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, englishman said:

I thought you HAD to leave the country and return after 60 days ? and that gives you another 60 ?

With an METV you can extend each 60 day stay by a further 30 days at Immigration. Others will know better than me but I think it’s 1900 baht & the appropriate paperwork.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

With an METV you can extend each 60 day stay by a further 30 days at Immigration. Others will know better than me but I think it’s 1900 baht & the appropriate paperwork.

Ah Ok ..understand...but if i want to get another 60 days after my first 60 days then a border run is the way to go ?  but if i only want to extend by 30 days then I can do so at immigration ? 

20 years of trips and I'm still learning ..thanks  ( though in my defense I've only been doing these longer stays the last 2 years) 

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, englishman said:

Ah Ok ..understand...but if i want to get another 60 days after my first 60 days then a border run is the way to go ?  but if i only want to extend by 30 days then I can do so at immigration ? 

20 years of trips and I'm still learning ..thanks  ( though in my defense I've only been doing these longer stays the last 2 years) 

That’s right, though you could the 60 + 30 then do a border run to get another 60 if you wanted.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

That’s right, though you could the 60 + 30 then do a border run to get another 60 if you wanted.

Ok ..thank you for the help

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

 

 

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davidge said:

With an METV you can extend each 60 day stay by a further 30 days at Immigration. Others will know better than me but I think it’s 1900 baht & the appropriate paperwork.

2 hours ago, englishman said:

Ah Ok ..understand...but if i want to get another 60 days after my first 60 days then a border run is the way to go ?  but if i only want to extend by 30 days then I can do so at immigration ? 

20 years of trips and I'm still learning ..thanks  ( though in my defense I've only been doing these longer stays the last 2 years) 

Yes exactly your last +60 day on METV might be more than you need so a trip to immigration for +30 might suit better  than spending around 7 to 9 hours in a van for a border run or you might just want to make every 60 days 90 anyhow.

Total costs

A Border run dependent on who you go with  2300  to 2800 you pay extra for comfort 

Extension 1900 do it yourself then you need TM30 or 3000 for agency to do it for you and you won't (most probably) i did it with maarnerat soi post office without one last year zero issues.

This year did it myself with one only because the baht is shite value now and  i prefer the 1100 in my pocket so i made my landlord get one. . 

The Appropriate paperwork in thread added see post 4

 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

 IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • Hi Guys

      As many of you know we have been running now for 16 years and apart from one brief time when we were allowed PayPal, so could use the inbuilt donation function, we have tried to avoid asking for donations. We have certainly avoided being in anyones face about it.

      Sadly that has now changed.

      The forum currently costs around $900 a month to operate. That includes Bangkok and Philippines but PA makes up the vast majority of it. This fee covers forum hosting, image hosting, notification emails and support.

      Before anyone says "its expensive" please be aware we have tried for years to find better for cheaper - it just doesn't exist for the size we are. Also a lot of hosts wont Touch us anyway. Our current host is actually cheaper than the previous one but that brings its own problems.

      Moving on -

      I would like to stress there is NO obligation whatsoever. Also, whatever happens the forum is going no-where!

      Donators can CHOOSE to have their donation listed (probably in this thread or we can make a new one) or to remain anonymous. Likewise they can CHOOSE whether the amount is published or not.

      There is no minimum, or maximum for that matter. ANY donation will be very gratefully received. We are very aware that many members are also having it tough these days.

      We are still unable to promote/post PayPal addresses etc on the forum so would ask that anyone who would like to make a donation to PM me, or ask me here to PM you and we will sort out details via that PM.
      • 97 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.