IGNORED

Barfine Quota.

petemoss

Have recently been told that a certain Darkside bar has a barfine quota of 10 barfines/month. Girls get 5k baht salary with deductions pro rata for not meeting the target. Zero barfines = zero salary. Also girls don't get any part of the barfine either. At 500 baht to take a girl out of the bar, the owner must be coining it. I have been told this by 3 different girls at different times and their story was completely consistent, so I have no reason to disbelieve them.

I was of the impression that this business model is no longer practised in Pattaya, certainly not on the Darkside. Does anyone know of any bars that still operate this policy?

The business owner is making sure the girls earn their own keep and not subsidising their keep

11 minutes ago, dingbat22 said:

The business owner is making sure the girls earn their own keep and not subsidising their keep

It's more than their "keep" it's their salary. Normal practice is for girls to earn their salary by encouraging customers to buy drinks/ladydrinks. That's the point of barfines, normally to compensate the bar for the girls not being in the bar and doing their "day job". I've actually seen the mamasan in there forcing girls to go with customers that they obviously don't want to go with.

Edited by petemoss

Been told by more than few ladies that certain Soi 6 bars run barfine quotas too.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 minutes ago, petemoss said:

It's more than their "keep" it's their salary. Normal practice is for girls to earn their salary by encouraging customers to buy drinks/ladydrinks. That's the point of barfines, normally to compensate the bar for the girls not being in the bar and doing their "day job". I've actually seen the mamasan in there forcing girls to go with customers that they obviously don't want to go with.

Thanks for the lecture, after 38 years of mongering in Thailand I am pretty aware of how the system works....... As for girls being forced to go with a punter.... well it might or might not happen however in my years of mongering if a girl was ever not into me.....then there was always another that was....So why would any punter need to take a girl that was "forced" would be beyound me when there are so many willing woman

35 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Fascinating.

Yes it is, some people need to wake up and smell the coffee around Pattaya

Keep it nice please gentlemen.

image.png

On 11/12/2019 at 18:58, petemoss said:

Have recently been told that a certain Darkside bar has a barfine quota of 10 barfines/month. Girls get 5k baht salary with deductions pro rata for not meeting the target. Zero barfines = zero salary. Also girls don't get any part of the barfine either. At 500 baht to take a girl out of the bar, the owner must be coining it. I have been told this by 3 different girls at different times and their story was completely consistent, so I have no reason to disbelieve them.

I was of the impression that this business model is no longer practised in Pattaya, certainly not on the Darkside. Does anyone know of any bars that still operate this policy?

Whats the quality of the girls in the bar like ? If you want to include which bar could probably look into it & help a couple of the girls out with a BF or 2.

Been told that by a Soi 6 girl also said she has a quota on barfines and is cut if short . She told me can reach double figures a day in high season , but struggle to get one in a day when its quiet .

1 hour ago, chippysam said:

Been told that by a Soi 6 girl also said she has a quota on barfines and is cut if short .

Its not a secret.  Go look at Fahrenheit recruitment advert outside the agogo. In thai ofcourse.

Its not 'forcing' the girl to go with a customer, its simply telling them in advance what the deal is, if they work there.  You get xxxx if you have 3 off's.

PinUp too. 3 offs for 10 day contact max salary.  I was told.

Up to the girl if she wants max salary, or earn less.  I don't see any 'moral' issue with that.

Edited by rog555
  • Like 2

On 13/12/2019 at 09:49, Harve said:

Whats the quality of the girls in the bar like ? If you want to include which bar could probably look into it & help a couple of the girls out with a BF or 2.

Azure (ex Fabrice).

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2019 at 18:03, chippysam said:

Been told that by a Soi 6 girl also said she has a quota on barfines and is cut if short . She told me can reach double figures a day in high season , but struggle to get one in a day when its quiet .

The quotas for Soi 6 are amazingly high.