Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ford fiesta 1600 sport...2011

secret tom

any one got any ideas of the cost of a engine rebuild....piston rings head block.etc .seems the engine has been cooked

Do you think anyone here is capable of doing such a job to a satisfactory standard :Crazy1:

I share @petermik's skepticism  to a point. If it were me, and I was going to go down that route I'd consider that a dealership job. 

And as it happens, I was in a somewhat similar situation about fifteen years ago. The service manager recommended just putting in a short block rather than rebuild my old block. I thought he was jacking me around so I declined. Turns out he was correct since not long after some other stuff went south that would have been replaced if I went the short block route. Live and learn. Hopefully I'll not be in that situation again--good luck to you with yours. 

As an aside, mine was also a Ford, though an Expedition rather than a Fiesta.  

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

I share @petermik's skepticism  to a point. If it were me, and I was going to go down that route I'd consider that a dealership job. 

And as it happens, I was in a somewhat similar situation about fifteen years ago. The service manager recommended just putting in a short block rather than rebuild my old block. I thought he was jacking me around so I declined. Turns out he was correct since not long after some other stuff went south that would have been replaced if I went the short block route. Live and learn. Hopefully I'll not be in that situation again--good luck to you with yours. 

As an aside, mine was also a Ford, though an Expedition rather than a Fiesta.  

it seems  while i was away the car was lent out and as we now thais dont maintain...think i will try and get a low mileage  one from a wreck.....i have been quoted 60000 bhat...for  1 piston set...head gasket  cylinder head .....i ask why dont you skim the head..look at me like a idiot lol...not sure if the block would need to be bored out...

i just dont trust these back door garages where they took it..

20 hours ago, secret tom said:

it seems  while i was away the car was lent out and as we now thais dont maintain...think i will try and get a low mileage  one from a wreck.....i have been quoted 60000 bhat...for  1 piston set...head gasket  cylinder head .....i ask why dont you skim the head..look at me like a idiot lol...not sure if the block would need to be bored out...

i just dont trust these back door garages where they took it..

We are in LOS where a proper motor mechanic,motor engineering shop are as rare as hen,s teeth :WhoSaw1:

I was a toolmaker back in the UK....try explaining what that involves to most of the folks here :Laugh1: