Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Euro 2020

davidge

The draw for the finals has just taken place. Still some uncertainty due to play-offs but some interesting groups - especially Group F.

Wales nor too bad a draw in the circumstances, though tough on fans having to travel to Baku. All tough games though.

England will be quite content I think - unless Scotland win play-offs and wreck Wembley again.

If either Ireland team get through it’s not too bad either.

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Not the clearest pic, but this one shows the play-off teams as well:

8370C2A8-B0C6-499F-B305-C50D5F8EF2A6.jpeg

Fixtures:

Group A

12 June 2020 21:00 Turkey Match 1 Italy Stadio Olimpico, Rome

13 June 2020 Wales Match 2 Switzerland Olympic Stadium, Baku

17 June 2020 Turkey Match 13 Wales Olympic Stadium, Baku

17 June 2020 Italy Match 14 Switzerland Stadio Olimpico, Rome

21 June 2020 Switzerland  Match 25 Turkey Olympic Stadium, Baku

21 June 2020 Italy Match 26 Wales Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Group B

13 June 2020 Denmark Match 3 Finland Parken Stadium, Copenhagen

13 June 2020 Belgium Match 4 Russia Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg

17 June 2020 Finland Match 15 Russia Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg

18 June 2020 Denmark Match 16 Belgium Parken Stadium, Copenhagen

22 June 2020 Russia Match 27 Denmark Parken Stadium, Copenhagen

22 June 2020 Finland Match 28 Belgium Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg

Group C

14 June 2020 Netherlands Match 5 Ukraine Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam

14 June 2020 Austria Match 6 Winner Play-off Path D/A Arena Națională, Bucharest

18 June 2020 Netherlands Match 17 Austria Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam

18 June 2020 Ukraine Match 18 Winner Play-off Path D/A Arena Națională, Bucharest

22 June 2020 Winner Play-off Path D/A Match 29 Netherlands Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam

22 June 2020 Ukraine Match 30 Austria Arena Națională, Bucharest

Group D

14 June 2020 England Match 7 Croatia Wembley Stadium, London

15 June 2020 Winner Play-off Path C Match 8 Czech Republic Hampden Park, Glasgow

19 June 2020 Croatia Match 19 Czech Republic Hampden Park, Glasgow

19 June 2020 England Match 20 Winner Play-off Path C Wembley Stadium, London

23 June 2020 Croatia Match 31 Winner Play-off Path C Hampden Park, Glasgow

23 June 2020 Czech Republic Match 32 England Wembley Stadium, London

Group E

15 June 2020 Spain Match 9 Sweden San Mamés, Bilbao

15 June 2020 Poland Match 10 Winner Play-off Path B Aviva Stadium, Dublin

19 June 2020 Sweden Match 21 Winner Play-off Path B Aviva Stadium, Dublin

20 June 2020 Spain Match 22 Poland San Mamés, Bilbao

24 June 2020 Winner Play-off Path B Match 33 Spain San Mamés, Bilbao

24 June 2020 Sweden Match 34 Poland Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Group F

16 June 2020 Winner Play-off Path A/D Match 11 Portugal Puskás Aréna, Budapest

16 June 2020 France Match 12 Germany Allianz Arena, Munich

20 June 2020 Winner Play-off Path A/D Match 23 France Puskás Aréna, Budapest

20 June 2020 Portugal Match 24 Germany Allianz Arena, Munich

24 June 2020 Portugal Match 35 France Puskás Aréna, Budapest

24 June 2020 Germany Match 36 Winner Play-off Path A/D Allianz Arena, Munich

Germany, France & Portugal, that's going to be some contest. All the coaches & dignitaries gave out a nervous knowing smile when the draw panned out, even Lowe of Germany couldn't hide a smirk.

................................................................................................................

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys, do you think the Euros will happen during their scheduled time frame. All the major Covid-19 hot spots in Europe like Italy, Germany,  England, France are where the matches are to be played.

Apart from that, there could be travel restrictions within the Euro zone if the situation does not improve by May. The talk of postponing the Olympics is already gathering steam. 

I was weighing a trip between TH or Euros, both kind of looks shaky now. 

................................................................................................................

9 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Hey Guys, do you think the Euros will happen during their scheduled time frame. All the major Covid-19 hot spots in Europe like Italy, Germany,  England, France are where the matches are to be played.

Apart from that, there could be travel restrictions within the Euro zone if the situation does not improve by May. The talk of postponing the Olympics is already gathering steam. 

I was weighing a trip between TH or Euros, both kind of looks shaky now. 

I would bet against the tournament going ahead, I'd hedge that with maybe a small bet on the chance the greedy FA will play empty stadium games, then charge a premium for TV rights.

2 minutes ago, slaine said:

I would bet against the tournament going ahead, I'd hedge that with maybe a small bet on the chance the greedy FA will play empty stadium games, then charge a premium for TV rights.

Matches behind closed doors for a tournament of this magnitude is unlikely. In Italy, they were planning to play the Juve-Inter league game behind closed doors but that did not materialize, some matches are too big to be played in empty stadiums.  

32 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Matches behind closed doors for a tournament of this magnitude is unlikely. In Italy, they were planning to play the Juve-Inter league game behind closed doors but that did not materialize, some matches are too big to be played in empty stadiums.  

That's why I say a small bet, the FA are so corrupted and so out of touch that I would not put it past them, or maybe they pick the least infected country and only allow locals into the stadiums to watch. The FA are all about the money.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know how long the tourney is postponed for?  Maybe they could run it the same timeframe in 2021?

Pretty much same dates next year. I was supposed to be flying to Bucharest today for a week's trip around Transylvania followed by 2 games in Bucharest then taking a train to Budapest to watch another 2 games. Oh well, the best laid plans........ 

Damn that sucks footix.  Hopefully u are able to go next year.  I have never been to any high quality football matches since I live in the US and am looking forward to making a trip of it in the next year or so.  Original plan was to do a short tour of Italy and see some Serie A action but who knows when fans will be back in that league