IGNORED

DHotel Pattaya July 2018

Dusk911

Where: หมู่ที่ 9 41/29 Soi Buakhao, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand

Who: Me single traveler 

When July (5 nights) 2018

Cost: 1000baht per night

Good: Room size, room facility, pool, Girlfriendly, Room safe,Friendly staff, OK wifi, bunny towels, cheap

Bad: View, dirty sofa, have to leave the key at reception when you leave (power goes off so you can't leave your ipad charging when you leave room or keep ac on). 

Review: Better late then never but I thought I would write a little review. I noticed that this hotel has a little shine on the forums and booked for my second trip to Patts. I arrived at around 3pm and was immediately was shown to my room I notice one of the bulbs was out. I had a shower (the shower head was broken and water came out unevenly) then had a more through look at the room. Everything was pretty clean but that blue sofa (love stained). I went straight down to reception and told they would have the shower fixed tomorrow (they did by the next after noon). I put a few extra towels over the main parts of the sofa. All in all the room was fine after the fixed the shower head and a light bulb that was out was changed, but I didn't like that I had to complain to get these fixed. I like when shit just works.

Return: Nah the sofa and small things put me off. For my next trip I've booked hotel Amber

Synopsis: Cheap does the job a little dirty,with an ok location just not for me.

20180718_142034.jpg

20180718_142044.jpg

20180718_142050.jpg

20180718_142055.jpg

20180718_142126.jpg

20180718_142138.jpg

20180718_142223.jpg

20180718_142436.jpg

20180718_142605.jpg

20180718_153901.jpg

20180718_162758.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the review although not stayed in D hotel yet but have 6 out of 7 trips in the sister hotel next store D Apartment and normally use D hotel as short cut, Have stayed in both the new Wing And Old building and love the place also know a lot of the staff there, but afraid prices there are on the increase so for my next trip in May will be returning to Diana-Oasis with 2 swimming pools for 1 month and again i know most of the staff there to, like you i would not be happy to find a dirty sofa on my arrival did you ever get it cleaned up. 

6 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Thanks for the review although not stayed in D hotel yet but have 6 out of 7 trips in the sister hotel next store D Apartment and normally use D hotel as short cut, Have stayed in both the new Wing And Old building and love the place also know a lot of the staff there, but afraid prices there are on the increase so for my next trip in May will be returning to Diana-Oasis with 2 swimming pools for 1 month and again i know most of the staff there to, like you i would not be happy to find a dirty sofa on my arrival did you ever get it cleaned up. 

Nah was told nothing could be done as they were full, I said just give me extra towels to cover up the stains and never used the sofa

Agreed that sofa is gross, I've stayed there twice this year in both a standard room as is yours and the superior room which has a better view.  Thankfully both these rooms had a different type sofa with an easy to clean vinyl type covering.

No problems with the rooms I've stayed in but had they contained a sofa in that state I wouldn't go back there again either. 

Thanks for the review.

Had 4 stays here in the last 2 years and coming again this Xmas...always had a room at the front so view not an issue. Never had any problems with sofa either but normally had a dark coloured orange brown one.

They’ve put in a covered area on the roof now to keep the sun off too...

All in all this is prob my favourite hotel in Patts, location, service, facilities, price all excellent.

• Like 2

That sofa is not good, you got unlucky with a few bits, I stayed last year and all was ok. I'd ask them to remove the sofa if I was on a lengthy stay.

Thanks for the review, I'm planning my 4th newbie trip for next July and at the moment,  this hotel will be my first choice if it's still available when I can confirm the dates.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

23 hours ago, barmatt said:

At 1k per night for weekly stays is very good value. Will be booking again for March 2020.

I was looking to book this hotel again through Agoda for my trip next May, however unless you commit to pay immediately with no cancellation allowed the rate goes up to almost 2000 Baht a night.  This wasn't the case with my previous bookings which could be cancelled up to a week before, as a result I've ended up booking the Sleep With Me hotel.

1 minute ago, ableyone said:

I was looking to book this hotel again through Agoda for my trip next May, however unless you commit to pay immediately with no cancellation allowed the rate goes up to almost 2000 Baht a night.  This wasn't the case with my previous bookings which could be cancelled up to a week before, as a result I've ended up booking the Sleep With Me hotel.

Book direct with the hotel via email 2000baht deposit refunded if you cancel 7 days prior to checkin date. Usually cheaper than Agoda.

[email protected]

Can anyone offer an opinion on the breakfasts in this hotel? The difference in price without breakfast is a good 150 + aud for the period I’m thinking of booking...so if it’s nothing special I’ll go elsewhere and just book the room...

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

9 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Can anyone offer an opinion on the breakfasts in this hotel? The difference in price without breakfast is a good 150 + aud for the period I’m thinking of booking...so if it’s nothing special I’ll go elsewhere and just book the room...

Wally, just book the room and go else where for breakfast lots of places on your door step on 5 minutes on a bhat bus.You will get a better feed else where for 150 bhat.

Btw excellent hotel choice.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

Wally, just book the room and go else where for breakfast lots of places on your door step on 5 minutes on a bhat bus.You will get a better feed else where for 150 bhat.

Btw excellent hotel choice.

That’s  most likely what I plan to do...just curious cos sometimes I get lazy in the morning:). Ok I’m convinced. Just hope I don’t get that sofa.

Edited by wallywest

In terms of nearby breakfast to DHotel, I usually went for a quick stroll to Take Away on Soi Buakhao. I never tried the restaurant in reception. The sofas were usually a bit like the one pictured in rooms I stayed at.

This was my go to hotel for a little while but I had a problem with a girl I bought back depositing most of her makeup on a towel after a shower, which they then whacked me about 300 baht out of the 2k deposit and I haven't been back since.

On the plus side, I always liked the option of having a wall fan AND the a/c. 

31 minutes ago, kendouk said:

In terms of nearby breakfast to DHotel, I usually went for a quick stroll to Take Away on Soi Buakhao. I never tried the restaurant in reception. The sofas were usually a bit like the one pictured in rooms I stayed at.

This was my go to hotel for a little while but I had a problem with a girl I bought back depositing most of her makeup on a towel after a shower, which they then whacked me about 300 baht out of the 2k deposit and I haven't been back since.

On the plus side, I always liked the option of having a wall fan AND the a/c. 

When i stay next store at D Apartment i sometimes use the Take Away for breakfast it's always well presented and never had a bad one yet but not everyday have to think about my figure, a little way up the plaza is another small cafe i use even cheaper than the Take Away for breakfast and other times to so really spoilt for choice over eating places.

Stayed here  4 times now and enjoyed it everytime, so much so that it was probably me who made a mess of the sofas.

Never stayed above floor 4 so these sofas should be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any information about whether or not they they care if a guest you are bringing back is 18/19 vs 20+? I know some hotels can be picky about this.

On 04/12/2019 at 05:55, wallywest said:

The breakfast is eatable and on par with other hotel food in he pattaya area. I did it once but prefer to have breakfast at nearby Nida Food and Drink or Baht Bus down to I-rovers. The hotel restaurant is in the lobby, I was there in June and the Lobby had no AC just windows and doors open. It was very hot and humid and enjoyable place to hang out. 

16 minutes ago, TremontTed said:

The breakfast is eatable and on par with other hotel food in he pattaya area. I did it once but prefer to have breakfast at nearby Nida Food and Drink or Baht Bus down to I-rovers. The hotel restaurant is in the lobby, I was there in June and the Lobby had no AC just windows and doors open. It was very hot and humid and enjoyable place to hang out. 

Cool...thanks for that. I went ahead and booked  a room here without breakfast. Found out a place I liked to eat last visit is nearby and I guess I can always use the hotel restaurant and pay on days I can’t be bothered going elsewhere. Cheers