IGNORED

Etihad Airlines Discrimination

merlin99

thought we lived in the 21st century but today been brought back down to earth

40 year old male lives alone can wash and dress myself cook and clean for myself and even go to the bathroom all be myself and not miss (even when pissed)

however

because i am paraplegic due to a work related accident and use a wheelchair to get around it seems i am unable to book a flight with this carrier as i have to have someone accompanying me on all flights ??

ive flown several times and even long haul 2 or 3 times over the last 20 years and never have i had this problem before or been so discriminated against or offended as much for that matter

guess i go and start again on the hunt for a flight LOL maybe i should stick to European operators who usually dont have such draconian ways

thought we lived in the 21st century but today been brought back down to earth

40 year old male lives alone can wash and dress myself cook and clean for myself and even go to the bathroom all be myself and not miss (even when pissed)

however

because i am paraplegic due to a work related accident and use a wheelchair to get around it seems i am unable to book a flight with this carrier as i have to have someone accompanying me on all flights ??

ive flown several times and even long haul 2 or 3 times over the last 20 years and never have i had this problem before or been so discriminated against or offended as much for that matter

guess i go and start again on the hunt for a flight LOL maybe i should stick to European operators who usually dont have such draconian ways

Sorry to hear about this BS and hope you can find good resolution for yourself. Obviously Etihad had not discovered "customer service".

Sorry to hear about this BS and hope you can find good resolution for yourself. Obviously Etihad had not discovered "customer service".

i hope so too as i booked the villa yesterday and paid the deposit

DOH

I`m sure if you said which flights you wanted to catch,there would be BM on that flight - flights

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

I would just not divulge my disability next time. let them deal with the situation when you check-in.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

SHAME ON THEM!

I will never fly with Etihad and I will try to make as many people as I can to boycott Etihad.

Why ????? im booked with them in march :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by yorkie

I would just not divulge my disability next time. let them deal with the situation when you check-in.

do that and chances are you get kicked off the flight , flights are only allowed so many wheelchairs or disabled on at once and if you havnt told the airline your in a certain place without a paddle

any airline can refuse to fly anyone even if you have paid in full 2 or 3 months in advance , have swapped airlines to Swiss airlines instead

do that and chances are you get kicked off the flight , flights are only allowed so many wheelchairs or disabled on at once and if you havnt told the airline your in a certain place without a paddle

any airline can refuse to fly anyone even if you have paid in full 2 or 3 months in advance , have swapped airlines to Swiss airlines instead

Put these ignorant gits out of your mind and enjoy your trip when it comes.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

Get it in writing they are breaking the law.

this has happend to someone else i know and was given two first class tickets as an apology

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

I agree

Thats a fucking disgrace. A guy I met at in the pub in dubai with muscular dystrophy had a similar problem with emirates not bringing the wheelchair he ordered. I tried sorting it out for him they said it was coming but didnt, so I went back to tell em to sort it out and in the end they said he'd have to walk, he'd have missed the plane if it wasnt for me. I had to complain at every gate I went thru and tell them that there is still someone coming slowly, because they was too incompetant to bring his wheel chair. I sympathise with you, its bad when a major business doesnt give a fuck about its customers

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"