IGNORED

Pattaya Police hold meeting and pledge better management of traffic for High Season due to road construction

The Pattaya News

Pattaya- This afternoon Pattaya Police, led by Police Col. Thanaphong Pho Thirat, the director of the Pattaya City Police Station, held a meeting with dozens of traffic police to set the course for the next few weeks as Pattaya officially enters an expected busy high season. The city is in the middle of an expansive […]

The post Pattaya Police hold meeting and pledge better management of traffic for High Season due to road construction appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Just keep the BIB away from manually controlling the lights. Everytime I see a huge backup at an intersection controlled by lights, it's a safe bet the BIB have their hands on the manual control.

I just left Pattaya, and, while I hate to sound like the constant "sky is falling" posts about low season, rising prices, etc., traffic was BY FAR the worst that I have ever experienced in Pattaya.  It was as bad, if not worse, than Bangkok or Manila.  At least the BTS provides an alternative in Bangkok.

Beach Road is completely fucked up with construction AND it was closed for the fireworks on Friday and Saturday nights, making Second Road an even bigger mess than usual.  Soi BlueCow was a fucking parking lot.  Lots of other intersections are fucked up with construction projects.

Leaving earlier today to head to Bangkok, I saw traffic coming INTO Pattaya backed up all over the place.

If I thought the construction projects were going to help, maybe the short term "pain" would be worth it, but past experience shows that is rarely the case.

Fingers crossed in any event.