IGNORED

Prime Minister announces new tourism perks, more measures to be potentially looked at and discussed in future including lifting of 2pm to 5pm alcohol sales ban

The Pattaya News

Bangkok- The Bangkok Post reported that the Prime Minister announced several new perks, primarily on the investment and tax side to help boost the tourism sector in Thailand. The full article can be found here: https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1794544#cxrecs_s However one particular area stands out to many and it’s that the private sector also called for a revision […]

The post Prime Minister announces new tourism perks, more measures to be potentially looked at and discussed in future including lifting of 2pm to 5pm alcohol sales ban appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

What the article actually says is :

The private sector also called for a revision of the ban on alcoholic drink sales from 2pm to 5pm, saying the measure hurts the tourism sector.

Reading the original bangkokpost article. Im not sure that daytime drinking and more hotelrooms are what i am missing in thailand

/Mike

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

The private sector also called for a revision of the ban on alcoholic drink sales from 2pm to 5pm, saying the measure hurts the tourism sector.

I would be very surprised if this was reversed.....The Thai government  loves nonsensical laws and rules to much to let it go.....The only stores that really follow the rule is stores like big C so who cares...... 

2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I only vaguely remember this but then I'm not a big drinker to begin with and 2-5PM is usually outside my normal drinking hours anyway.

I have no idea why they selected this period of time but I have to wonder if a SINGLE PERSON has not come to Thailand because of this law measure. :Crazy1:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Schools out.

Ahhhh, makes sense. Does the measure apply to bars as well ?

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

2 minutes ago, sulu said:

Ahhhh, makes sense. Does the measure apply to bars as well ?

If they chose to enforce it.

5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

If they chose to enforce it.

If they did ! "It would be peak time." for Short time bars .

That's good news. Maybe he can look into extending Visa waivers to 60 days also?

Archived