IGNORED

European tourists continue to decline in Thailand, should be a wake-up call for tourism officials

The Pattaya News

The following article is sourced by skift.com. All opinions are theirs and not nessacarily those of The Pattaya News. European arrivals are on the decline in Thailand. This is serious — and sad. For what is the point of a kingdom blessed with powdery sand beaches chasing more tourists and getting less revenue in the […]

The post European tourists continue to decline in Thailand, should be a wake-up call for tourism officials appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

The high baht would have to be a factor, Also in regards to Pattaya they are trying to fit every type of tourist niche into one place. They would be far better leaving Patts as it is,  along with its established market and upgrade other seaside towns that can be moulded to the clean, family fun that they want. A win, win for all.

It's all about the strength of the Thai Baht. When Thailand gets more expensive, it becomes of lower value in competition with other places.

Now, regarding those Chinese tourists:

"No destination should be against Chinese tourists, and they certainly aren’t to blame for a fall in European arrivals to Thailand."

I don't know. Not that it's a huge sample size, but I've seen quite a few Europeans and Americans express their disdain for large groups of Chinese tourists who apparently don't exactly behave very well. A lot of people seem to be trying to go places without large groups of Chinese tourists.

I will say that Europeans and Americans don't always behave that well either, especially when they get some alcohol in their system. So I don't think you can say that one is worse than the other.

Archived