IGNORED

Over 500,000 Krathongs collected from canals in Bangkok, 340,000 less than prior year

The Pattaya News

BANGKOK (NNT) -This year’s Loy Krathong Festival was celebrated widely last night, followed this morning by the collection of Krathongs floated on waterways everywhere. In Bangkok, City Hall staff had by 6 a.m. today counted and sorted some 500,000 Krathongs, mostly made from organic materials Staff members of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration quickly collected Krathongs […]

The post Over 500,000 Krathongs collected from canals in Bangkok, 340,000 less than prior year appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Why are they prone to celebrating this festival less this year?
My language teacher was really excited for this past weekends festivities 

1 hour ago, birdhaus said:

Why are they prone to celebrating this festival less this year?
My language teacher was really excited for this past weekends festivities 

The krathongs and candle kites have come under fire for environmental impacts and in the later case safety concerns.

We purchased a krathong that is supposed to be edible by fish in Na Jomtien last night. It was made out of ice cream cones is what I was told.

761564632_LoyKrathong-B.thumb.jpg.ee6716f93fff07d3e3eb770c7aa88c48.jpg

Archived