IGNORED

Baraquda Pattaya - Mgallery

Nick from Oz

Last time I visited Pattaya I stayed at the Baraquda. I have an Accor card that gives me discounts and upgrades, and it was really good - great location, and a spa in the room. No problems about having visitors. I have seen a few less favourable mentions of this hotel lately, and wonder if anyone can give me the benefit of recent experience? 

I have stay here many times and I don’t have any issues. 
February this year was the last time I stay and I didn’t encounter any problems at all.  All staff including the house keeper. 

• Like 1

I stayed at the Baraquada, 2nd Rd for fourteen days, four months ago in July. Enjoyed it immensely. No probs taking back guests, sometimes x 2. There is much to like about this hotel and my only real criticism being lack of  space for clothes storage unless you’re a giant. Classy joint and located right on the money.

• Like 1
Baby-1.gif

Yip i stayed in feb and loved the place as did the girls 

• Like 1

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Thanks for the comments, guys. Obviously I was misinterpreting something I had seen elsewhere. I enjoyed my stay there last visit so will probably return.

40 minutes ago, fmojo said:

How's the breakfast at this place? Any good? 

I didnt pay for breakfast however the concept is really good as you can order on a form leave on you door what you want and all will be delivered to your room,or u can just go the buffet. I had quite a bit of room service and everything was decent nothing stood out as amazing however

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Stayed there my last 3 trips, and will stay there again in November. Breakfast is great. They have a buffet with a huge selection and it's all good they also have a chef that will make omelettes for you

I have never been disappointed with the hotel, the staff are great, and the rooms are comfortable.  They refurbish the rooms quite often, so they do not get run down looking, as I have seen in many other hotels in pattaya 

Honestly the only thing I do not like is the pool music, they play dance club music, and they crank up the bass, 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all the above posts. If I were to be picky:

1) Gym is not very good. Very small and old equipment.

2) Air Con is a little loud.

Not bad for the price. Staff is totally fantastic. But these days I spend a little more and go to the Avani across the street (better rooms and much better pool).

I've stayed there more than 10 times (possibly a lot more), and since I obviously keep coming back they have not disappointed me so far.

Except for my first time in Pattaya when I stayed at The Penthouse for novelty value, I have always stayed at the Baraquda and will keep returning; next time, in January. I have an Accor hotels gold status, so I get free upgrades — definitely recommended, as the suites all have jacuzzis and are quite large. I like to book a suite, with upgrade to the 2 floor Grand Baraquda Suite. For January, I also got an early booking deal that came with breakfast included. I’ve reviewed this place before and obviously like it (great staff!!!), even if a few minor things here and there are outdated or strange (like the seeming lack of logic to the light switch operation in room). I’m glad to see that 2 girls no hassle. Will have to indulge in that some myself next time! Maybe I’ll push the envelope and try for 3?