IGNORED

VOIP with a local sim

geezer2005

Im hoping to pop over soon, however, I will need to work a few hours a day.

I will be using VOIP, so am needing advise on what SIM I would need. It really needs to be reliable, as this depends on whether I can make the trip or not.

Any first hand experience of using VOIP with a local SIM would also be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

When I have to work I have found it best to get a room or condo with good wifi .. I get a condo as they normally come with independent router in the  room as opposed to shared in a hotel

A lot of condo's have a desk and chair to work look here  www.honeyscoffeehouse.com or use airbnb

As a back up I have used AIS 4G Simm which was really good 40Mbps but if you are staying in Pattaya I believe all 3 of the major providers provide good coverage. AIS TRue or DTAC   

I use Skype for business to attend meetings which is run from my laptop or can be from my phone 

image.png.8ed5f27402673566cc342c38eb56642c.png

Dont forget to check your Phone is unlocked if are just going to use your phone  if not get a MIFI this is the one I use handy as I need to connect via laptop and have my phone connected on wifi as well if main WIFI goes down in the room also if I want to work out and about it is perfect 

last solution nearest Cafe or shared office space http://www.coworkingpattaya.com

Hope this helps DM me if you need anymore help 

34 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

When I have to work I have found it best to get a room or condo with good wifi .. I get a condo as they normally come with independent router in the  room as opposed to shared in a hotel

A lot of condo's have a desk and chair to work look here  www.honeyscoffeehouse.com or use airbnb

As a back up I have used AIS 4G Simm which was really good 40Mbps but if you are staying in Pattaya I believe all 3 of the major providers provide good coverage. AIS TRue or DTAC   

I use Skype for business to attend meetings which is run from my laptop or can be from my phone 

image.png.8ed5f27402673566cc342c38eb56642c.png

Dont forget to check your Phone is unlocked if are just going to use your phone  if not get a MIFI this is the one I use handy as I need to connect via laptop and have my phone connected on wifi as well if main WIFI goes down in the room also if I want to work out and about it is perfect 

last solution nearest Cafe or shared office space http://www.coworkingpattaya.com

Hope this helps DM me if you need anymore help 

Thanks for the info....

I will be looking for a condo with its own independent Internet, but may have the chance to get away when they're all booked up!!

That office space is a good idea, never knew about it. Does it matter if you are over on a tourist visa (ie, not a working visa) When using it?

5 minutes ago, geezer2005 said:

Thanks for the info....

I will be looking for a condo with its own independent Internet, but may have the chance to get away when they're all booked up!!

That office space is a good idea, never knew about it. Does it matter if you are over on a tourist visa (ie, not a working visa) When using it?

I only went down to check out the shared office space didn't stay but doubt there would be any problem .. seemed to be a few foreigners in there its basically a coffee shop with work desks . 

Might check it out myself. Only problem would be it closing at 22.00.

If I cant get a condo, i'll try that sim card. Where there's a will, there's a way!!

I have work from thailand coupe of  times a year and have to work UK hours so in the winter it is not of any use finish 11pm earliest  

.. you should not have a problem getting Condo 100's of them available  just check they do have WIFI few dont but rare. 

This has to be my favourite one to work from but a bit far out from town but the view while working was fantastic nearly made it pleasure to be in work  lol 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/32747586?source_impression_id=p3_1572470082_0qdLLRK0X8UbseDE

good luck hope it work out ok 

5 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

I have work from thailand coupe of  times a year and have to work UK hours so in the winter it is not of any use finish 11pm earliest  

.. you should not have a problem getting Condo 100's of them available  just check they do have WIFI few dont but rare. 

This has to be my favourite one to work from but a bit far out from town but the view while working was fantastic nearly made it pleasure to be in work  lol 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/32747586?source_impression_id=p3_1572470082_0qdLLRK0X8UbseDE

good luck hope it work out ok 

Does this condo have shared wifi, or its own private?

Must admit, that view is worth being there. 

12 minutes ago, geezer2005 said:

Does this condo have shared wifi, or its own private?

Must admit, that view is worth being there. 

has it own internet/wifi  ... most condo do as they are individually owned  so the owners have  internet put in and just rent out condo when not been used by the owner.  only down side was bit far out but good as well when working as it quite at night. you just use GRAB to get a taxi into town if you want to go out after work. 

Archived