IGNORED

Audio problems

Danolo

My wife's laptop has a standard 3.5mm jack for her ear buds, but it has stopped working. And my usual computer tech guy has closed shop.

I got her a set of USB headphones to use, but she finds them uncomfortable when laying down.

So, I went looking for USB connected ear buds and found some, but they are all specified as "USB-C".

This old laptop I don't think has USBC. 

Question:

Can I plug in and use a USBC earbuds to a standard USB port?

( I DID search Google with this precise question, but got no clear answer.)

or

Her 3.5 MM jacked ear buds work fine.

In my search I came across something else : a USB External Sound Card - like this:

https://www.itfactory.ca/mmnox-external-5-1-channel-usb-sound-card-black?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImpWklJ6_5QIVzZ6zCh1-5wFdEAQYAiABEgIj9_D_BwE#fo_c=79&fo_k=e89a3119ce55f5d998a333274d27d854&fo_s=gplaca

Do you folks have any experience with this type of item?

Thanks

USB-C is not the Same as USB (also known as USB-A). Go on Lazada and order a pair of USB ear buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usb to 3.5mm adaptor

usb-c is a totally different shape to usb (more oval than rectangular)

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

USB-C is not the Same as USB (also known as USB-A). Go on Lazada and order a pair of USB ear buds.

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Usb to 3.5mm adaptor

Well, yes those are my two choices, I guess.

I'm going to get the usb to 3.5mm adapter first. If I order it now I can get in two days.

Thanks for your input guys.

There are lots of USB headsets for gamers. Easiest to use Bluetooth and skip the audio jack unless the computer is ancient. I'm fairly sure there are external USB Bluetooth adapters if not already Bluetooth equipped.

Archived