Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

60 day tourist visa return ticket / date

Kahoy

I want to apply for a 60 day visa from Australia and extend it to 90 days when in Pattaya. The conditions require copy of ticket or itinerary as proof of travel. This will show a return date after the nominal 60 day expiration. Does this matetr? I'm sure they must see it constantly. Otherwiser, I'd need to book and pay extra for a return ticket after my arrival in Thailand. Do I need to go through that rigmarole?

I think the safest way to go is buy a throw away ticket... to anywhere..  from either Bangkok Airport...within the 60 days.  Just did a quick check on Skyscanner, and there are 19$ AUD one way to Myanmar... the price will vary depending on what date you choose.

When I moved here, I came in on a TV..bought a 20$ AUD ticket to Phnom Penh..  Glad I did, because the check in chick in Sydney wanted to see onward travel out of Thailand. When I got to BKK, Immi didn't care... BUT that was a couple of years ago...

No.

i holiday every year in thailand for well over 100 days.

60 day visa from thai consulate in sydney , then 30 day ext from jomtien imm. fly to cambodia when the 30 day ext expires and come back after 3 nights for another 30 days ,then go back to Aust before that 30 days runs out. been doing that way for years .no problems so far.

• Like 2

No. Not from the US anyway.  I get a 60 day visa for a 90 day stay. I just include a photo copy of my air travel receipt that has a return date past the 60 days.They’ve never questioned  it.

3 hours ago, superroo said:

i holiday every year in thailand for well over 100 days.

60 day visa from thai consulate in sydney , then 30 day ext from jomtien imm. fly to cambodia when the 30 day ext expires and come back after 3 nights for another 30 days ,then go back to Aust before that 30 days runs out. been doing that way for years .no problems so far.

So, to be clear, do you book a return ticket back to Sydney 4 months out from your first arrival date right from the get go?

That sort of itinerary would suit me well except I'd probably fly to Saigon for the 3 days or so.

Edited by Kahoy

yes .thats what i have always done.

at sydney airport i'm sometimes asked at checkin if i have a visa .

this year on return from cambodia i was asked to show return ticket to australia which i did (printed flight centre copy)

no problem passport stamped and on my way.

printed details are just easier to show i find .

good luck.

Just book a return flight. Print out the ticket, and cancel the trip.

Legally they can't call the airlines and check if the tickets are real.   Same with bank accounts. They can't legally check this stuff outside Thailand.  Airlines/Banks can't legally give out that information. 

I see that the 60 day tourist visa application wants confirmed details of my accommodation for the duration of the trip. Has anyone applied for this visa without submitting that? I am not planning on staying on one place and don't know where I'll stay. My plan is to get the 60 day tourist visa and extend it.

bump: has anybody ever got a 60 days  tourist visa in Australia on flexible travel arrangements or without producing proof of accommodation for the entire duration of the trip?

While I cannot speak for the Thai Embassy in Australia, my general experience with visa applications is that if you don’t meet the requirements (ie, provide what is required) then you won’t make it past the check list stage and onto the fast track to denial of the visa. 

I did apply and receive a 60 day tourist visa for my daughter some years ago.  She stayed with friends of mine in Buriram, so the family provided a letter to that point and it was sufficient for the visa to be approved. 

i applied from nz and had to send proof of accommodation in  thailand. also had to get tik at Dancewatchers to send photo copy of both sides of her  id.  also had to have signed bank statement. i did not read the application clearly enough so  ended up having a delay until i supplied correct papers.  best to do it as asked

For the last 2 years i've had to prove where i'm staying when applying for 60day visa so i book for 1 night at a guesthouse not 60 days .i use one of those online booking sites.

i also have to provide proof address ( power or rates bill). bank statment showing enough funds and return air ticket.

i use Vina Visa in marrackville to organise this as i don't live in sydney.

if there is a problem they will help you .if you deal direct with the   consulate and haven't got everything in order they will take your money and say try again.

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2019 at 21:20, Shawn80 said:

Just book a return flight. Print out the ticket, and cancel the trip....

This is what I do. Always seems to be changing on who allows it but I find an airline/online seller who allows for a 24 hour hold without paying, or you have to pay but have 24 hours to cancel without penalty. Print out the booking, then cancel. 

Don't want to negotiate or explain your way onto a soon leaving flight.  Have this ticket in had, make it a routine transaction for the airline. A ticket to anyplace leaving Thailand before your current visa expires will do. 

21 minutes ago, mikeonabike said:

This is what I do. Always seems to be changing on who allows it but I find an airline/online seller who allows for a 24 hour hold without paying, or you have to pay but have 24 hours to cancel without penalty. Print out the booking, then cancel. 

Don't want to negotiate or explain your way onto a soon leaving flight.  Have this ticket in had, make it a routine transaction for the airline. A ticket to anyplace leaving Thailand before your current visa expires will do. 

What happens if they decide to check the PNR number?

I've never had it happen, never heard of it happen to anyone else but I guess if they do: you will be immediately arrested, go to jail and have to preform hard labor for the rest of your natural life.

That, OR the airline will consider your return ticket invalid, politely turn you away and you will have to quickly go online make a valid (fully refundable booking) that will be completely valid as you board the current flight, go back again to check-in, then cancel the unneeded flight when you land. 

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2019 at 02:29, Kahoy said:

So, to be clear, do you book a return ticket back to Sydney 4 months out from your first arrival date right from the get go?

That sort of itinerary would suit me well except I'd probably fly to Saigon for the 3 days or so.

Don't know if this thread/issue is resolved or not but the "fly to Saigon" for 3 days could be an issue. When were you going to do that ?

The Aussie site doesn't say anything about the return flight having to be within the limits of the visa - obviously they are aware of people extending their stays. Arrive "visa exempt", that is, without a visa, and you only get 30 days and then you DO need to show a flight out within the 30 day period.

However, if I'm not mistaken, once you LEAVE, in this case to go to Saigon, the visa is done. Come back into Thailand and you need to have another visa or come in visa exempt, which is only a 30 day stay, and as above, if you do that, you DO need to show an exit flight within the 30 days.

So if you go to Saigon say, after only 2 weeks in Thailand, that original 60 day visa is finished and you'll need some other way of going back to Thailand for the better part of the next 3.5 months or so.

I believe this info is correct but if not, someone will surely stop by and correct it.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Can't swear it will always work for you.  I used to come twice a year using a 60 day tourist visa.  I would send copies of my airline tickets to the embassy with my application and they were always for 90 day trips.  Was never questioned.  I think they just want to see assurance you have a ticket to leave.  

1 hour ago, sulu said:

Don't know if this thread/issue is resolved or not but the "fly to Saigon" for 3 days could be an issue. When were you going to do that ?

The Aussie site doesn't say anything about the return flight having to be within the limits of the visa - obviously they are aware of people extending their stays. Arrive "visa exempt", that is, without a visa, and you only get 30 days and then you DO need to show a flight out within the 30 day period.

However, if I'm not mistaken, once you LEAVE, in this case to go to Saigon, the visa is done. Come back into Thailand and you need to have another visa or come in visa exempt, which is only a 30 day stay, and as above, if you do that, you DO need to show an exit flight within the 30 days.

So if you go to Saigon say, after only 2 weeks in Thailand, that original 60 day visa is finished and you'll need some other way of going back to Thailand for the better part of the next 3.5 months or so.

I believe this info is correct but if not, someone will surely stop by and correct it.

It is correct. I am about to apply for a 60 day visa in Australia and that will give me 90 days with one extension then I think I could fly to  Siem Reap for a few days then come back to Thailand for another 30 days and head back home for a couple of months then do it all over again. I could apply for a retirement visa the "agent" way but haven't decided yet.

19 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

then I think I could fly to  Siem Reap for a few days then come back to Thailand for another 30 days and head back home for a couple of months then do it all over again. 

As simple as a Visa Run to the border, will give you the 30 days, which can itself be extended by another 30 days.

20 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

and head back home for a couple of months then do it all over again.

You just have to be careful nowadays, as it seems people are being questioned at Airports, of why they are living in Thailand on Tourist Visas.

29 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

It is correct. I am about to apply for a 60 day visa in Australia and that will give me 90 days with one extension then I think I could fly to  Siem Reap for a few days then come back to Thailand for another 30 days and head back home for a couple of months then do it all over again. I could apply for a retirement visa the "agent" way but haven't decided yet.

Hi Kahoy,  please update on here as to how your application goes, as I intend to do the same early next year.

Cheers..

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.