IGNORED

Next Trip

Welshpat

Hi Everyone,

I know I said previously that my last trip to Pattaya might be my last but the exchange rate is slowly beginning to climb an on a whim I rang up and was offered a very good price on a flight with Qatar for next May so I booked and paid for it !!!!

So was wondering where to stay, the last couple of trips I have stayed at the Chaiyapoon Inn on Soi Pothole - the place suites me because it is a reasonable place and a high standard of accommodation, after all where can you get a suite for 850 Baht a night ?. However, and its a big however, the girls are becoming a problem, I wont elaborate on the board but if you want to know more please PM me.

So I have been looking for somewhere else - been looking at the following and I enclose my thoughts perhaps anyone who has any first hand experience could add to the discussion or indeed if you have anywhere better of similar ilk please let me know.

Thought One - Chaba Hut Resort

Good area, different theme, reasonable price, good range of rooms.

Cons

Heard the place is in a very bad state of repair, very poor WiFI this is a must is for me as I have to stay in touch, staff can be rude to guests

Thought Two - Opey De Place

Great Area, near the action looks reasonable.

Cons

Heard again its not in a very good state of repair, high floors with not lift - I need a low floor as I have a problem with my leg - not such a range of room types.

Sotus Court 1

Dont know a lot about this place except its in the middle of ladyboy area

Any comments on the above places or any better recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welshy

Sounds like you’re not bothered about a pool? If so, a decent guesthouse may be a better option than a hotel - as long as it’s first floor.

Hideaway have a ground floor room, though I think they were considering getting rid of it. Boomerang or China Garden might also be options??

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2019 at 21:22, Welshpat said:

Thought Two - Opey De Place

Great Area, near the action looks reasonable.

Cons

Heard again its not in a very good state of repair, high floors with not lift - I need a low floor as I have a problem with my leg - not such a range of room types.

Sotus Court 1

Dont know a lot about this place except its in the middle of ladyboy area

Opey de Place have a lift, or atleast they had 4years ago when I last stayed there. Was on ok state then

Sutus Court I wouldn't call that a ladyboy area, 

Sure there are few closeby at night Time but should not be a problem. Sutus Court  doesn't have safety boxes in room.

Couple options on same price range

Bar bazaar suite in Soi Made in Thailand 60meter from chaba hut, no pool and noisy at night but other than that was fine.

hotel Dania opposite action street in Soi Buakhao smallpool, nice rooms.

Couple min with baht bus to LK Metro

Sleep with me hotel new hotel in Chalemprakiat 19 off soi Buakhao looks really good, havent tried it yet, 250meters to Soi Buakhao.

Bit more expensive

Archived