Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Recommendations for Buying a new Honda Click 125(i)

paulrob

I am looking to purchase a nearly new or new motorbike.

Specifically Honda Click 125

Local Dealer offering 2 s/hand (2017) examples for around THB 44.5k and a new one at THB 54k

Offering 3 month warranty on the 2nd hand models and 3 years on the new.

I assume the new bike will need to be in stock, i.e I will not order one to be delivered - want to pay and drive away.

My questions.

Is 54k reasonable compared with your experiences?

What extras can I get easily thrown in if I pay that price.

What dealer can you recommend for a new or s/hand model? I am talkling in terms of customer service, best discount etc...

It (the dealer) must be within the Pattaya area (max 30 min drive from Walking Street as a guide). I know ther must be plenty around.

I've always think that someone who can buy a used scooter for 45K should buy the same one brand new for the 10K baht extra. That'd be my advice.

Other thing, have you rented for a week or two the bike model you are planning to buy?

I bought my new PCX from Mityon at Third Road and Pattaya South. https://goo.gl/maps/qMToXVNKzggxckz99

The Mityon group of bike shops is pretty huge around Pattaya, I've also bought stuff from the one on Pattaya Klang diagonally across from Big C Extra. One of them is pretty much like any other one, and buying from one, you still get warranty service from any authorized Honda Small Wing shop. 

The extra bit I'd add is to refuse the "free" helmet(s) and take a discount off the purchase price for them and get yourself a decent helmet. Those free helmets satisfy the legal requirement but are not in any way going to protect you in an accident. 

Given the surprisingly high retail asking price on second hand vehicles in Thailand, I personally would not buy a second hand vehicle here. 

3 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

Other thing, have you rented for a week or two the bike model you are planning to buy?

Excellent idea! When I first moved here I think I annoyed @Hallmark a bit since every month I'd swap rental bikes to a new model. After a few months I settled on what I thought would be the perfect scooter for me, and bought a new one of those. 

I do think the Click is a great choice for Pattaya. It's small and easy to park, and has a flat floor to carry stuff back from the store that doesn't fit under the seat. :-) 

14 hours ago, Garzan said:

Excellent idea! When I first moved here I think I annoyed @Hallmark a bit since every month I'd swap rental bikes to a new model. After a few months I settled on what I thought would be the perfect scooter for me, and bought a new one of those. 

I do think the Click is a great choice for Pattaya. It's small and easy to park, and has a flat floor to carry stuff back from the store that doesn't fit under the seat. :-) 

What did you think about the Click VS the Scoopy?

I found the click superior but lacking space at the front of the platform for the comfort of the legs.

1 hour ago, KhunChang said:

What did you think about the Click VS the Scoopy?

I found the click superior but lacking space at the front of the platform for the comfort of the legs.

I am partial to Honda motorcycles and Scooters (I currently have five of them). I don't think you could go wrong with any currently manufactured scooter in either Honda or Yamaha's lineup. Which one is really up to your own preferences on the appearance of it. For me, I'd pick a Click over a Scoopy since I don't really like the backend appearance of the Scoopy. But, a Moove is one of the Scooters I currently own. I think the Click is an excellent choice for Pattaya, but so would the Moove with a little smaller engine. The Scoopy is a fine bike too; I just don't like the appearance as much. 

(My current bikes: CB500X, CB300F, Forza, MSX, Moove)

1 hour ago, KhunChang said:

comfort of the legs.

That's one of the best things about when I sold my PCX150 for a Forza, the Forza is a hugely comfortable scooter to ride, with tons is space under the seat, but would be a major pain in the butt as a Pattaya scooter. If you are looking for leg room, I'd look at either the Yamaha Aerox or the Honda PCX150. 

+1 for the Aerox

My latest in a long succession of twist n' gos

at 6'6" nothing impinges on the legs on this one nor bites your lower back due to being modelled around a dwarf's configuration

Put off going above 125cc for years due to the insurance restrictions of my annual travel policies, but finally said fuck it and went for this spritely 155cc

Light handling, big tyres, twin gas shocks all good. Only -ve is the loss of foot-well space for hauling stuff (but what the heck ain't that what my car & truck are for)

17 minutes ago, Garzan said:

That's one of the best things about when I sold my PCX150 for a Forza, the Forza is a hugely comfortable scooter to ride, with tons is space under the seat, but would be a major pain in the butt as a Pattaya scooter. If you are looking for leg room, I'd look at either the Yamaha Aerox or the Honda PCX150. 

Just noticed my calves can be perpendicular with my knees on the scoopy and they can't on the same class motorbike which is the click and i found that not very comfortable.

I'm have not looked at anything more than 125 being not covered by health insurance but i might do as soon i will have to take some expat health insurance.

Not a Click but,

We recently bought a Honda Wave 110i in Isaan.  Got 2 of the dodgy, but legal helmets, front carry basket, dealership rain jacket and ‘winter’ jacket, Honda t-shirt and a rice cooker.  Plus, I’m fairly certain one of the sales girls would have given further service after work  if Teelak was not there.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

The Honda Click 125i is excellent for Pattaya, i bought a brand new one 2 years ago. Unless you are short on cash go for a new one, i can understand thais buying second hand because they have less money.

Buy from Mityon on corner of Pattaya Thai and 3rd road. They usually give a 1000 discount and throw in 2 cheap helmets and a cheap unwearable coat. They are well organised with the number plate reg.

If you don't like the colours available go for the 150i, not much more money.

Get yourself a good helmet, preferably bring it in from farangland where they are cheaper, i opted for a Nolan open face

18 hours ago, paulrob said:

I am looking to purchase a nearly new or new motorbike.

Specifically Honda Click 125

Local Dealer offering 2 s/hand (2017) examples for around THB 44.5k and a new one at THB 54k

Offering 3 month warranty on the 2nd hand models and 3 years on the new.

I assume the new bike will need to be in stock, i.e I will not order one to be delivered - want to pay and drive away.

My questions.

Is 54k reasonable compared with your experiences?

What extras can I get easily thrown in if I pay that price.

What dealer can you recommend for a new or s/hand model? I am talkling in terms of customer service, best discount etc...

It (the dealer) must be within the Pattaya area (max 30 min drive from Walking Street as a guide). I know ther must be plenty around.

Hey mate,

I went through this process earlier in the year and ended up with a Yamaha GT 125.

It was a good 10K cheaper than the click and there was not a lot of difference between them. It goes well, suspension is good and very good fuel economy. 

AS for where I think most shops are in some way related the Mittyong. Extras you might get a cheap jacket that adverties their name or, wait for it, a giant clock to put on your wall.. We went with the clock :)

As others have said if you are planning on staying a while buy new... 

Good luck :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

@Rocketboy is this the same bike you recently bought?

Yes it is and I got it from Miyton last December along with the two free helmets.

They meet legal requirements and that's ok by me. Any helmet on my head is better than no helmet.

Honda Click, good solid bike, works well and holds it's price well.

Most natives to Thailand do not take good care of bikes or cars, so buying new is a good option.

The Honda Scoopy has more room for shopping in the foot-space and more room under the seat for shopping. It is lower to the ground and can feel a bit (to me) like riding a kids toy bike. Perfect for little legged ladies. Easy to ride and to control.

The Scoopy has a 110 cc engine, but performs as well as all auto 125's I know of.

The Honda PCX is more expensive, in the 90k ish baht range, it suits a big fat foreigner as it has twin shocks and a larger frame. Not so much room for shopping as no foot-space, just the under the seat room for shopping. Some second hand PCX's are 125 cc, the new ones are 150cc.

The new Honda click comes in 125cc and 150cc.

The differences being, the 150cc click is 8k to 10k baht more expensive than the 125cc click  (dependant upon what deal you can work out with the dealer) and (like the PCX) has remote electronic key system - you put a key tab in your pocket, when you are near the bike it will allow you to  start it, when you walk away from the bike it will not start, it also has an alarm system with this electronic key tab.

The 150cc is also water cooled.

The 150cc is noticeably faster than all the 125 autos I know of, so it gets you away from the other bikes when you want to get clear.

The last 2 bikes I bought new in Pattaya were from Milton, corner of 3rd Road and North Pattaya road (Pattaya Nua).

My 2 bikes of choice in Pattaya were a PCX for me and a Scoopy for "little legs", which I often used as well.

I now have a 1.5 year old Scoopy and a 4 month old Honda click 150 cc, both bought new, with 2 years bike insurance taken out at the same time, for accident and theft.

I am happy with both bikes.

The Scoopy has a 110 cc engine, but performs as well as all auto 125's I know of.

You may be right but i find that hard to believe. The Scoopy seems weaker in power when i see them many times a day. Have you ridden the 2017 Click 125i?

The 2017 125i Click has easy enough acceleration to overtake any vehicle, I've done a 100 on it with no vibrations unlike my old Suzuki 500 bike

4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

You may be right but i find that hard to believe. The Scoopy seems weaker in power when i see them many times a day. Have you ridden the 2017 Click 125i?

The 2017 125i Click has easy enough acceleration to overtake any vehicle, I've done a 100 on it with no vibrations unlike my old Suzuki 500 bike

I can only tell you of my own personal experience.

When the Scoopy first hit the dealers I bought one of the very first Scoopy's available in Pattaya. I matched it against all my friend's 125's and it held it's own or was a little faster.

More recently I bought the 2018 Scoopy  and it matches the acceleration and the top end of my friend's current 125's.

I have not ridden the 2017 Click 125i.

I have a 2019 click 150i , it will comfortably do 110, more with a tail wind!

I would consider both the 125 and the 150 click to be good bikes, so it is down to personal preference. 

A few km/h here or there is no big deal in the scheme of things considering we are talking about granny wobblers.

Hey mate,
I went through this process earlier in the year and ended up with a Yamaha GT 125.
It was a good 10K cheaper than the click and there was not a lot of difference between them. It goes well, suspension is good and very good fuel economy. 
AS for where I think most shops are in some way related the Mittyong. Extras you might get a cheap jacket that adverties their name or, wait for it, a giant clock to put on your wall.. We went with the clock [emoji4]
As others have said if you are planning on staying a while buy new... 

Good luck [emoji4]

Thanks for the advice. Have ridden Yamahas and found them too noisy, it's going to be a Click, loads about so maintenance is no issue, good resale value and reliable.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, GorGuy said:

I can only tell you of my own personal experience.

When the Scoopy first hit the dealers I bought one of the very first Scoopy's available in Pattaya. I matched it against all my friend's 125's and it held it's own or was a little faster.

More recently I bought the 2018 Scoopy  and it matches the acceleration and the top end of my friend's current 125's.

How does the latest model compare to the previous one (2014-2016 i Think).

image.png.aaf43d9789755e75d5453a46f2ed4d50.png

14 hours ago, KhunChang said:

How does the latest model compare to the previous one (2014-2016 i Think).

Scoopy

The first one I had was purchased about 2010. 

Same colour and look as this one.

77835931_oldscoopy.png.bc01df0a252db5a0cf3a9f424bed35dd.png

They now offer standard or a tubeless tyre cast wheel version ( C12 ). I got the tubeless tyre cast wheel version for a couple of k baht more.

The basic engine seems the same, the performance the same. It always was a good engine, fuel injection and starts first time, every time.

The differences being; The 3 second engine cut out option when waiting at the lights (which most Hondas now have) - this started as a feature on the PCX and then filtered down to other models. An enclosed front pocket with a cigar lighter/phone charger socket in it (room for a 7/11 plastic raincoat).

Other than that the dimensions the same.

My current Scoopy picture below..

Scoopy.jpg.06419f07456de47f6f4901efca64c575.jpg

I have had my Click for 7 years now, totally reliable. One of the selling points for me was it has a kick starter as well as electric. As I leave it for 2 or 3 months at a time I just give it a kick to start it the first time, saving the battery some hard work. It still has the original battery in it. 

I have had my Click for 7 years now, totally reliable. One of the selling points for me was it has a kick starter as well as electric. As I leave it for 2 or 3 months at a time I just give it a kick to start it the first time, saving the battery some hard work. It still has the original battery in it. 
I tried the kick start the other day just to see if i could start it and it was easy. The Click 150 doesn't have one

6 hours ago, GorGuy said:

The differences being; The 3 second engine cut out option when waiting at the lights (which most Hondas now have) - this started as a feature on the PCX and then filtered down to other models. An enclosed front pocket with a cigar lighter/phone charger socket in it (room for a 7/11 plastic raincoat).

Yeah, I had the autocut on a click I rented for a week and loved it, especially in Pattaya where you spend more time waiting at traffic lights than actually driving.

I've noticed this pocket, might be great for carrying the mobile phone.
I had my beloved Galaxy S6 destroyed after it jump out of my pocket because of a speed hump.

Scoopy is a Scooter designed for Girls. They love it. How somebody can advice to get a Scoopy for a grown up man, I don't know. However, if you are into ladyboys....... get one in pink.

For puttering around Pattaya, a Click 125 is enough. If you like to live on the edge, get the bigger engine.

2 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Scoopy is a Scooter designed for Girls. They love it. How somebody can advice to get a Scoopy for a grown up man, I don't know. However, if you are into ladyboys....... get one in pink.

For puttering around Pattaya, a Click 125 is enough. If you like to live on the edge, get the bigger engine.

555. Totally agree. Imagine driving one of them around in farangland. 

12 Pints in Know it all

Archived