Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tsunami Chaiyapruek Jomtien

There’s a Tsunami on 3rd Road thread, but nothing I can see on the Jomtien branch... this from yesterday:

I've always rated Japanese cuisine at the very top, it is the best food in my opinion, healthy and damn delicious. Tsunami is my go to for it, 641 baht for an all you can eat of the highest quality. The oysters special are out of this world! Included in the price, no extra charge for them, it's a new item and I highly recommend it, fantastic!

51B05480-E468-4C58-B25C-D96B76E919D9.jpeg

4DBC6C9E-5A0A-4595-B85F-7440ED61B097.jpeg

6292222C-0DEE-4ECD-A59C-ED64CC5A3371.jpeg

646001EC-729F-40D1-97D1-CC4F635DCC50.jpeg

DFF48F5A-13F5-40FD-BCA2-55C249DB40A8.jpeg

FF456AD7-1A27-4B2C-A853-93B9A69619B9.jpeg

A5C27208-9EA5-43FB-B248-B8635C13D9D8.jpeg

4094EC25-9A2C-4470-AC35-249A77F74FBE.jpeg

AF5E343B-C483-4E6E-B00A-9C7AFF596B31.jpeg

• Like 2

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• 3 weeks later...

Four of us tried this place the other night. Looks like the all you can eat option has been reduced to 599. There are over 100 items on the menu and you can order what you want. We ordered a bunch of things and shared them family style. Everything is made fresh and everything I tasted was very good.

I am not a huge Japanese food fan, but I enjoy it from time to time.

One of our group, a thin Thai lady, must not have eaten in 2 days. She was still going strong long after the rest of us had done our em laou. We were all laughing about it and she got a little embarrassed about that and said "I hungry today". We all said things like the staff is taking pictures of you, so they do let you in next time. A good time was had by all.

Wish I had read this review prior to going, as I do like oysters. I did not notice them on the menu, but for a first visit the menu is a little overwhelming. I also did not know the name of where we were going until we got there. The GF planned this excursion on a tip from one of her friends.

You can not get here by baht bus. No wine on the menu. I will return.

I was chatting with a friend the other day and I mentioned Tsunami. He said he had tried the one on 3rd road and thought it was good. He said he personally preferred the DaRe Japanese buffet in the DVaree hotel complex. This is at about soi 14 on Jomtien Beach Road.

It appears to be a few hundred baht cheaper that the Tsunami location on Chaiyaprutek. I see one post (from SirL) in a search about DaRe and it seems to be complimentary. It is a convenient location from here, so I will likely try it before too long and report back, if that makes sense.

This one obviously is accessible by baht bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to the Jap Buffet at DVaree hotel about a year ago, from memory you can opt in at 2 levels, something like 650 and 350Baht. We went for the 650 option.

It was OK but I remember saying to the missus that we should return and opt for the 350 next time, the items that were available at the 650 option were not great/worth the extra.

I am looking forward to trying Tsunami in Jomtien soon.

We tried DaRe tonight. I do not have anything bad to say about it, but I do prefer Tsunami. The items at Tsunami IMO were fresher and Tsunami also has a deeper selection list. Both places at this time cost 600 for the all you can eat option. DaRe based on what I have been told seems to change up their pricing options from time to time.