Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airlines ticket pricing

gitteyman

Today i finally booked my flight for xmasI

So i'm happy .. But here's what fucks my head up..     I first started looking for flights  back in August . prices were coming in at over £1300.00  I could have got other flights for as low as £700. But this was my ideal flight .So i have kept looking. But the pricing never moved much. [ i tried all the tricks different devices /sites etc..]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    So this morning with fuck all else to-do . I had a a look on Qatar web site . and the price £1320.00 . Having a look around other web sites . I finally came to Expedia . I got the day i wanted and times i wanted. With my airline of choice .And as a bonus i got exit row window seats  on 3 out the 4 flights " free "     Cost off flight  £998.00 [ 37000 THB ] and I have change flight times option.

That is a difference off 11500 THB. between the Qatar web site. Makes me think that the airlines don't want people booking direct with them                                      BIG EDIT- It has been 8 year since i done xmas in patts.

£998 seems expensive. What dates are you flying? I've gone for the last 8 Xmas so always seem to be looking at flights, however this year staying home cos of the shit £. I find Skyscanner is usually cheaper than Expedia 95% of the time 

I'll be back on October 30th and paid $550 for my ticket Houston to BKK on United.

I just booked to return February 24 to March 5 for $516

What a bargain!! 

Great time to get ripped off Xmas and New year. Not the best time to do Pattaya for Cheap Charlies. Everyone jacks the prices up this time of year.

Depart Nov 14, 2019 LAX to BKK using China Eastern (21 hrs and 15 min)

Return Dec 10, 2019 BKK to LAX using China Eastern (18 hrs and 25 min)

Total Price: $456.66

2 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

£998 seems expensive. What dates are you flying? I've gone for the last 8 Xmas so always seem to be looking at flights, however this year staying home cos of the shit £. I find Skyscanner is usually cheaper than Expedia 95% of the time 

Dep -12/12  gatwick 20.45 --can get  a extra days work in so bonus money. and as it's a red eye should get some sleep on the plane.

Return 5/1/ 20--@  20.10 good time for me as i can get rid of my lt. and pop up Soi 6.for one last st. before heading to the air port. as said i all so got exit row seats.. These times  are perfect for me. So i am will ing to pay the extra cost 

I could of got a direct flight for £750. but not able to return on the saturday as l need to be back at work on monday

2 hours ago, TommyUK69 said:

Great time to get ripped off Xmas and New year. Not the best time to do Pattaya for Cheap Charlies. Everyone jacks the prices up this time of year.

You can still get some good deals for xmas. I was looking for flights that suited me.

What got me the same flight times on Qatar's web site was £300 pound more. Than Expedia 

Qatar have been hiking their prices, since the blockade started, a couple of years ago.  Even so they're making growing losses.

Haven't seen many bargains with them since then  ...  so next year I'm trying Oman Air & even Etihad, instead.  Som nam na !

Pity because their service in-the-air is good (in Economy) and Hamad International (DOH) is a good modern airport to transit through !

Coming back between the 2nd and 6th they have you by the balls.

For the last 7 yrs gone approx 7-26 dec Bizz with Emirates or Qatar from Manchester. Last yr did Etihad as got it for £1490 with same flight times as others. They have opened a new massive lounge in the UAE which is really good.

Not going this year as now too dear

On 14/10/2019 at 15:09, gitteyman said:

Today i finally booked my flight for xmasI

So i'm happy .. But here's what fucks my head up..     I first started looking for flights  back in August . prices were coming in at over £1300.00  I could have got other flights for as low as £700. But this was my ideal flight .So i have kept looking. But the pricing never moved much. [ i tried all the tricks different devices /sites etc..]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    So this morning with fuck all else to-do . I had a a look on Qatar web site . and the price £1320.00 . Having a look around other web sites . I finally came to Expedia . I got the day i wanted and times i wanted. With my airline of choice .And as a bonus i got exit row window seats  on 3 out the 4 flights " free "     Cost off flight  £998.00 [ 37000 THB ] and I have change flight times option.

That is a difference off 11500 THB. between the Qatar web site. Makes me think that the airlines don't want people booking direct with them                                      BIG EDIT- It has been 8 year since i done xmas in patts.

Qatar had a short sale on last week , maybe Expedia was able to purchase a block at the lower prices ... not sure how the travel companies work exactly, but the hotel booking sites block book with the hotels , so guaranteeing the hotel money ..

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

You've just got to keep your eyes and ears open OR catch a lucky break and have somebody who sees a deal let you know.

I'd expressed an interest in MIA-BKK & Qatar early next year and @briguy noticed it and when he saw, on The Flight Deal website (flightdeal.com) that Qatar was offering a $711 RT fare for my route he shot me a PM. I checked it out and booked it immediately.

$711 MIA-BKK with only 1 change of planes and the quickest flights - 21 hours going and 26 hours coming back.

Thing is, you should know, or get familiar with, the airfares. And when you see a good deal, after a quick check of the other airline prices at the time, jump on the cheap fare.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

I use Google Flights to track flight prices. Once I plug in the parameters of what I'm looking for, I turn on Track Prices so I get an email alert when the price drops. It also has a good price graph that lets me see how prices compare on different travel dates.

image.png

Archived