IGNORED

United Premium Plus (Premium Economy)

Explorer8939

I just bought a ticket from SFO - HKG in Premium Plus. It looks very similar to EVA Elite Premium Economy product, but isn’t double the price of normal economy. I will report the experience here afterwards, but if anyone else has flown PP,  please report.

I flew from SFO to HKG in premium plus, shortly after the "hard product" was available, but before they had the meal offerings that are supposed to be just for that seat class (i.e., better than economy, worse than business).

Best seats are the first row, 4 aisle seats, and the two middle seats in the center section (20B - 20K) - you can stand in front of your seat in the middle four seats (20D-20G) and get to the aisle from the middle seats in row 20 (20E and 20F).

Row 20 can be annoying as the flight attendants use it to cut across between aisles during boarding.

Seat quality was good, it does recline differently from the EVA Elite premium economy seats. The biggest advantage is not sitting 10-across in economy. 

On 10/10/2019 at 22:27, ludwighigh said:

I flew from SFO to HKG in premium plus, shortly after the "hard product" was available, but before they had the meal offerings that are supposed to be just for that seat class (i.e., better than economy, worse than business).

Best seats are the first row, 4 aisle seats, and the two middle seats in the center section (20B - 20K) - you can stand in front of your seat in the middle four seats (20D-20G) and get to the aisle from the middle seats in row 20 (20E and 20F).

Row 20 can be annoying as the flight attendants use it to cut across between aisles during boarding.

Seat quality was good, it does recline differently from the EVA Elite premium economy seats. The biggest advantage is not sitting 10-across in economy. 

Otherwise, how does PP compare with EVA Elite? The price of Elite has skyrocketed, so it's not an option for me these days 

1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

Otherwise, how does PP compare with EVA Elite? The price of Elite has skyrocketed, so it's not an option for me these days 

For seat quality, about the same.  Maybe the PP seat is a little more firm than the Elite seat, and reclines slightly differently.

Archived