IGNORED

Sliders Burger

The Dark Lord

I know two friends, well probably ex friends by now. They've fallen out over something really silly like friends tend to do.

Friend "A" claims to have invented the concept of the sliders burger and says his friend "B" cant use them.

Strange the old sliders burger is popping up all over Pattaya, Burger King, Mcdonald's, Bobs BBQ, the NEW food court on soi diana

and the little stand on Walking Street to name but a few.

So out of curiosity and being English and the fact that till this argument I'd never heard of a sliders burger, (Must be a Yank thing), I decided to check it out on the net.

sliders1_t180.jpg

Found from an American Paper, who are kindly doing an article on the Sliders Burger, I didn't Have to look very far.

The Paper: The Post & Courier, Charleston.net Sliders Full Article

The original slider was popularized by the White Castle fast-food chain, founded in 1921 in the Midwest. It consists of a steam-fried square beef patty,

a sprinkling of cooked onions and a pickle slice, enclosed in a small, soft bun. The Krystal chain brought sliders to the South in the 1930s.

Officially spelled "Slyder" by White Castle, the name is said to have come from their ability to "slide" down the throat in one or two bites.

So That would make friend "A" be well over 88 years old to have invented this concept.

What should these two friends do?

every place that serve a mini burger call them slyder these days but they are not the same and taste different. only place to get the real thing are white castle in the north and crystal in the south parts of USA but are separate companies. imho white castle are alot better

I know two friends, well probably ex friends by now. They've fallen out over something really silly like friends tend to do.

Friend "A" claims to have invented the concept of the sliders burger and says his friend "B" cant use them.

Strange the old sliders burger is popping up all over Pattaya, Burger King, Mcdonald's, Bobs BBQ, the NEW food court on soi diana

and the little stand on walking street to name but a few.

So out of curiosity and being English and the fact that till this argument I'd never heard of a sliders burger, (Must be a Yank thing), I decided to check it out on the net.

sliders1_t180.jpg

Found from an American Paper, who are kindly doing an article on the Sliders Burger, I didn't Have to look very far.

The Paper: The Post & Courier, Charleston.net Sliders Full Article

So That would make friend "A" be well over 88 years old to have invented this concept.

What should these two friends do?

Fookin grow up! WTF

We are on about burgers here, how pathetic if you ask me!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

WC is the king of sliders. Usual late night run was a dozen sliders and a box of nails (chips for those of you east of the east coast. Had to have the onions, they added the proper lubrication.

If you're not a cynic, you're not paying attention.

If I really am a pessimist, you'd think I'd be plesantly surpised by the outcome of thing more often than I am.

Bl00dy small if you ask me! Would qualify as finger food at my place.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

White castle has a new service, where they will come to your house, spray shit around

your toilet, cutting out the middle man! Those burgers can be rough after a hard nights drinking!

The real slider is a White Castle. Small, square patti, grilled onions, pickles, and cheese. You can eat a ton of them, and many people do. They "slide" right down your throat and out your ass. Greasiest things on earth. But man there is nothing like it, nothing. I don't have one near me, so anytime I'm on the road I stop in one. I like the doubles. Incredibly addicting, and any place else that tries to duplicate is full of shit.

Also, great for farts the next day. Extraordinary aroma!