IGNORED

Jomtien: A-mon Pad Thai

This place opened in January 2019. It is mainly inexpensive Thai Food with some Farang options on the menu as well.

https://www.facebook.com/apadthai/

It is located on soi wat boon just a little east of Jomtien Second Road. Soi wat boon is the first street light South of soi 11. There is no baht bus service to this area. I would not recommend this place for a long haul option from Pattaya, but if you are in the area it is well worth a visit IMO. I was over in the area and I noticed it. A google search indicated that it was getting some very good reviews. I stopped in tonight with the GF and her sister. The food was very good as was the service as well. 

The food is very inexpensive. Many Thai entrees are 80 baht. I had the Chicken Panang and the sauce was excellent. The chicken was a little overcooked, but the sauce more than made up for that. I tasted the GF's Pad Thai Krung and it was pretty good. Her sister ordered a Strawberry Smoothie and the ladies both said it was quite good. The glass of red wine that I had, well it is not a perfect world.

Total cost for 3 entrees and drinks was 660.

Some pics:

From the Outside

606065845_AmonPadThai-C.thumb.jpg.74ca91a3b08f831ca3b40fa0064a916f.jpg

Inside Seating (al fresca available as well)

1184102115_AmonPadThai-D.thumb.jpg.50d0bf467ea648d7e96c50c2ae0aef1f.jpg

Pad Thai Krung

69804755_AmonPadThai-A.thumb.jpg.28cf5d9adfc469eada1afa453de006df.jpg

Pad Thai Talay - this was a little more than 80 baht

284969334_AmonPadThai-E.thumb.jpg.67ad20196f9d4d78d9fd2bb730c1fc38.jpg

Chicken Panang

240002519_AmonPadThai-F.thumb.jpg.2449067c0f0fcd472ff8fbd771f612a9.jpg

• Like 4

Good work 

Tempting food 

• 2 months later...

Amon Pad Thai appears to have closed. I will try and get some additional info, as I am in this neighborhood from time to time.

News in the neighborhood (the GF runs a small business there) is that the owner of Amon Pad Thai was just not drawing anywhere near enough customers to cover the operating costs. She has shut down the restaurant and is selling the lease.

Kind of a shame. It was a nice little place with good inexpensive Thai food. I guess it was more expensive than the Thais in the neighborhood were willing to pay. The predominant Farang tourists seem to be Russians and they have their own places that they prefer.

6 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I guess it was more expensive than the Thais in the neighborhood were willing to pay. 

Or too touristy for their tastes.

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Or too touristy for their tastes.

Probably true to some degree as well.