Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food Delivery Service

The Dark Lord

Ok, So we've all seen the TV commercials, got the two menus, bought their food, dodged their crazy delivery bikes at some point

order_book.jpgv's new_logo_med.jpg

I know both the owners of the relevant menus, though one has surprised me recently by reverting to threats, doesn't like competition in the marketplace.

(I always thought the restaurants could advertise where they wanted, that the menus worked for them, not the restaurants working for the menu)

As I was always taught while growing up - Never give in to BULLIES! - Wonder what the relevant restaurants will do? Will they be ruled by the Bully?

but I'm left here sat thinking now, which one is actually better?

I know this is a lot to ask. Can we have a proper discussion, think of you lots promotions.. That and it will be good to show these two owners what people really think.

Used Door to Door many times and in the main had good experiences though not all.

Used Wow once and swore never again but that might have been the luck of the draw or even the restaurants fault.

Am a bit if a creature of habit so from past experience would use D2D again and not Wow.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I find it irritating with both services that prices are sometimes double what the restaurant charges plus the delivery charge. I am sure both of them are making a good profit on every order.

I do not like either. I do not like to pay inflated menu prices then pay a surcharge then pay a driver.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

I could be getting it wrong but as far as I can see WOW no longer charges any surcharge for delivery. Therefore the price on the menu is the price you pay.

Some of the pricing is way out of kilter though. WoW ads state 40% off etc , having been in marketing all my life these claims are given scant regard.

For example, on the WOW site they have McDonalds, 2 cheesburgers and Med Fries would set you back 225bt, ordering from McDonalds would be 112 bt a pretty big dif! The pricing on other restaurants looks about right based on the restaurant pricing, Cherries for example is the same.

D2D I just do not like all the add on surcharges to the base price. I know people need to make money but I do not know the model well enough as to how they do.

Do D2D get a discount from the Restaurant as the restaurant has no real overhead apart from cooking- no customers to serve no plates to wash etc. Therefore it makes sense that both companies get a discount off the menu price from each restaurant. Each company then needs to pay its drivers for each delivery and the call centre staff. plus on top they have to print their brochures and now it would seem TV advertising.

I am guessing they are both making money although from the model above I am not sure how much. I think there is always a place in any market for competition and it is up to the original service provider to fight back with a more competitive offering if they are not happy

I cant confirm this but a restaurant owner told me he paid 12% of his menu price to D2D so they are taking at both ends if they rack the price up too.

that makes sense then if WOW and D2D are getting 12% from the restaurant then in the case of WOW that would be there margin plus whatever they add onto the restaurant price. From what I can see they do not seem to be adding too much onto the prices, it is only macdonalds that they seem to have doubled- no idea why?

with D2D it looks like you have the added 10% plus delivery charge plus it looks like a number of restaurants prices have been added to, so in that case they are getting margin in 3 instances. maybe they need to relook at their model as I would think there is only one option for me at present

I cant confirm this but a restaurant owner told me he paid 12% of his menu price to D2D so they are taking at both ends if they rack the price up too.

that makes sense then if WOW and D2D are getting 12% from the restaurant then in the case of WOW that would be there margin plus whatever they add onto the restaurant price. From what I can see they do not seem to be adding too much onto the prices, it is only macdonalds that they seem to have doubled- no idea why?

with D2D it looks like you have the added 10% plus delivery charge plus it looks like a number of restaurants prices have been added to, so in that case they are getting margin in 3 instances. maybe they need to relook at their model as I would think there is only one option for me at present

Here is a suggestion....Send your bargirl out to get your food. Much cheaper.

Sorry to be picky. It clearly says on the front of WOW's Menu "Up To 40% not exactly 40%. Still percentages always did confuse the hell out of me.

Figures can be made to say anything. Personally i like 36,24,36

So basically, Wow are offering free delivery and no service charge making Wow's menu prices far cheaper than Door-2-Door,

That has to be better for us the consumers as we are for using those restaurants in the menu.

(Still, Mcdonalds dont really count in this discussion, They're not in Door-2-Door)

I've used both menu's now. Both deliveries are no better or worse than each other, both use thai motorbike delivery system, both are affected by Pattaya's unique traffic problems in that no one knows how to drive properly, laws of the road, thats a falang expression, thais like to be different, and both use the same restaurants.

So when you peel back the similarities of WOW v's Door-2-Door, it basically boils down to price. From my friends and my experiences over the last few days, WoW is clearly winning for being cheaper.

As much as I hate to say this and give one of them a free advertising, but, why pay more! Its That Simple

For me, Maybe its because I work with PC's a lot that I am willing to change and try new services, that I first try'd WOW, which I must state has replaced Door-2-Door for being my favourite.

Using the excuse of creatures of habit, to me, all that says is that they are fools easily parted with their money and stuck in the past. Why do they pay more, Coz they can? Who knows, who cares. But when they order a meal through Door-2-Door and pay more and I order the same meal through WOW and pay less,

Who then is the muppet.

Unless your sick, who wants to eat at home? When you go out for a meal it's more interesting watching the tooing and throwing anyway.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

It could be pissing down.i found door to door very good.but never used WOW.so what can i say.or what can i do

G.O.M.

• 3 weeks later...

i very occasionaly use a food delivery service if i,m feeling lazy and just want to chill in front of the TV and pig out .

both services offer ... the same service ... so for me its a question of loyalty .. door to door use my company and puts money in my pocket , so i like to try and reciprocate when i can ..

i imagine for both companies delivering for the same restaurant , if the prices are different , it could confuse and upset some customers ( we all know about dual pricing )

as a (now ex ) business owner i know competition is healthy and all that but.... i would be pretty annoyed if i worked hard to develop a successful busines model over a period of time , and once i perfected it someone copied it and took away my lively hood... thats life i know...

to my mind , d2d only has about 30 restaurants leaving around 1 zillion others in Pattaya for a competitor to choose from to attempt setting up their business ... to poach from D2d,s 30 effectively giving a slap in the face to the business owners is , in my mind , unethical ...

but hey , we are all allowed an opinion... right ?

Bannerman

i very occasionaly use a food delivery service if i,m feeling lazy and just want to chill in front of the TV and pig out .

both services offer ... the same service ... so for me its a question of loyalty .. door to door use my company and puts money in my pocket , so i like to try and reciprocate when i can ..

i imagine for both companies delivering for the same restaurant , if the prices are different , it could confuse and upset some customers ( we all know about dual pricing )

as a (now ex ) business owner i know competition is healthy and all that but.... i would be pretty annoyed if i worked hard to develop a successful busines model over a period of time , and once i perfected it someone copied it and took away my lively hood... thats life i know...

to my mind , d2d only has about 30 restaurants leaving around 1 zillion others in Pattaya for a competitor to choose from to attempt setting up their business ... to poach from D2d,s 30 effectively giving a slap in the face to the business owners is , in my mind , unethical ...

but hey , we are all allowed an opinion... right ?

Bannerman

Hey Bud

I agree with you 100% but.......................

There is another side to the coin too. Some might call it the Real World and ethics rarely play a part.

Any business with a good idea and an (effective) monopoly is there to be shot at. Copycats always make the world go round - look at Pepsi!

I remember meeting the owner of D2D in The Blues Factory and I told him I thought he was vulnerable - he basically laughed at me - NOT in a bad way but I did feel he was overly "comfortable".

Getting "sole agencies" is something that (probably) should but (probably) wasn't done and as you well know risk management is a part if any business strategy. I would certainly have ensured I had sole delivery rights for at least a term of a written contract, however long it might be.

I agree that WOW could have gone to other outlets but if D2D had the BEST 30 then they are an obvious starting point.

As I said earlier, my loyalty is to D2D and I wont use WOW for pretty much the reasons you have outlined.................just playing Devils Advocate here.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

After one look a the prices, I either just go out myself or give the local taxi boy 50 baht to go pick it up for me.

kamagrauk.co.uk-banner-monthly-international-120x60.gif

use_opendns_155x52.gif

I prefer to just head to the restaurant myself too.

After trying WoW a few times, I decided that it would be better to just go myself.

Not very impressed with them.

CockBoy AKA Alex AKA Alex the CockBoy AKA Beavis AKA One Bullet Man AKA Comatose AKA Dtia AKA Paper AKA Ghost AKA Eric

"English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?"

"My pissed up motorbike taxi driver might smash me straight into a bus, but that doesn't mean I want to walk everywhere."
-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

Hmmm----in all my trips i have never used either. As a visitor i seem to always stay about 2 meters away from several places that serve/sell food. Is this service mostly used by people living in their own homes? or away from the main areas?

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Hmmm----in all my trips i have never used either. As a visitor i seem to always stay about 2 meters away from several places that serve/sell food. Is this service mostly used by people living in their own homes? or away from the main areas?

bolly

Same here, I've never used one either. The only time I would possibly use one is if it was pouring rain outside.

Edited by chuckrivera

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

Is this service mostly used by people living in their own homes? or away from the main areas?

I think their customer base is fairly varied but weighted on the side of those living here. I don't use them personally, although the lass has a local Thai restaurant that she calls now and again and the husband there gets on his bike and drop the food off at our place for her. Generally we eat out except for the odd "Steak Night".