IGNORED

Worried about SETV Application

GirlsGirlsGirls

Guys do you think this would give me a problem with my Visa application?

For the last 5 years I been working for my parents, taking care of their rental properties.  Both commercial and residential.

The problem is the company is listed as a Incorporation Number that was used when my family owned a small chain of restaurants back in the 90's and the address is registered to my home address.

So do you think this would cause any issues?  Am I better off just purchasing a cheap ticket out of Thailand and heading to the Jomtien before the 30 days are up?

and if I get declined for my Visa would it cause problem when I am going through immigration in Bangkok?

You're Canadian right? Show up, get a 30 day waiver for free. If you want more time, 1900 baht to extend 30 more days. How long do you want to stay?

6 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Your post is very confusing.

What are you exactly worrying about?

I'm worried that what I'm filling for Occupation looks weird and would get my application denied 

I'm a Property Manger but the company is listed as an  Incorporation Number and registered to the same address as my home 

6 minutes ago, Poontwang said:

You're Canadian right? Show up, get a 30 day waiver for free. If you want more time, 1900 baht to extend 30 more days. How long do you want to stay?

I'm planning to stay for 60day and my return ticket is book for that.  That's why I wanted to get the SETV or a ticket before 30days.   In case the airline or immigration at Bangkok is picky with that 

Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

Canadians have to state their occupation to get a SETV now?

Yup occupation. Name of employer and address.  Im just happy they didn't ask for a phone number.  

There really shouldn’t be a problem. It’s not as if they need surety or anything from an employer for a SETV. You already have your return ticket so they’ll see your travel plans.

In your situation, I’d also get a Visa every single time. I get one if I’m staying 31 or 32 days.

I have to give much less info to the local Consulate here - not even flight details - but I know other consulates in some countries make it more difficult.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

15 hours ago, GirlsGirlsGirls said:

I'm worried that what I'm filling for Occupation looks weird and would get my application denied 

I'm a Property Manger but the company is listed as an  Incorporation Number and registered to the same address as my home 

They are not going to check. If you are going to the consulate in Toronto it will take all of an hour and there are no FBI-level goings on happening in that time period.  There must be millions of numbered Ontario or Canada companies in Canada and many thousands of people working and living from the same address. 

Hull now asking for flight details,bank statement,prove of accommodation,work permission on there web site,for 60 day tourist visa.anybody got a visa from hull lately? 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

44 minutes ago, leeds said:

Hull now asking for flight details,bank statement,prove of accommodation,work permission on there web site,for 60 day tourist visa.anybody got a visa from hull lately? 

??

These (from their website) are quite bizarre and at odds to other UK consulates who don't require them

Capture.JPG.b3f5f414554ebc1ed5fb258f51e29bd2.JPG

Thanks for the comments davidge and ricktoront.  Its my first time dealing with the consulate, so I didn't know if they were anal or not.  

But form what I read in the last few thread here they are making it harder or requiring more info to get a SETV and that was what worried me.   

Maybe they are feed up with all these broke ass foreigners overstaying and trying to make Thailand there home with there crappy Youtube Videos 

11 hours ago, regyai said:

??

These (from their website) are quite bizarre and at odds to other UK consulates who don't require them

Capture.JPG.b3f5f414554ebc1ed5fb258f51e29bd2.JPG

Its that the same here in Canada......  The required info is sightly different from province to province 

Not surprised tourist numbers are down,no visas by post,different rules from consuls,online application a pain,who wants to show bank details when bank fraud is rife.Will do visa on arrival,extend at immigration,and boarder run,anyone see any problems doing it this way need 85days

Not surprised tourist numbers are down,no visas by post,different rules from consuls,online application a pain,who wants to show bank details when bank fraud is rife.Will do visa on arrival,extend at immigration,and boarder run,anyone see any problems doing it this way need 85days
If you have no prior recent history then you'll be fine

9 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
39 minutes ago, leeds said:

If you have no prior recent history then you'll be fine

Cheers scuba no recent history of visa arrival ,or boarder runs,been going since 2004 easy then triple entry tourist visas just like spending winter in Thailand,there just making visas a pain now with there annual rule changes and crazy retirement changes not to mention the shot exchange rates

Cheers scuba no recent history of visa arrival ,or boarder runs,been going since 2004 easy then triple entry tourist visas just like spending winter in Thailand,there just making visas a pain now with there annual rule changes and crazy retirement changes not to mention the shot exchange rates
Yes army govt = banana republic, so we have to put up with this nonsense. I did my last border run the other day, i 50\50 expected trouble but the IO said nothing

Archived