IGNORED

Songkran Info Please

PeterD

Hi All , it has been a few years between trips to Thailand , but I am planning to return this year for Songkran.

I beleive it only goes for a few days now. Can anybody confirm this?

Cheeers

PeterD

Hi mate it goes on for like 7 days in Pattaya or more for more info use the search bar and search for songkran there is plenty of info up. Im going songkran for the first time should be fun

starts on the 13th April - 19th april in patts, think the official dates are 13th - 15th April everywhere else in Thailand, used to start the water throwing 1st thing in the morning and never stop for about 10 days, now the fun begins at 12.00 and finishes at 18.00 everyday, the main 2 days in patts are the 18th & 19th April people from surrounding areas come in especially for the fun on the last 2 days it's absolute mad, but great fun, not to be missed :):Hair_Out1:

Better make sure you get your hotel booked and prepare to get crazy with water fights, since especially some farangs cannot control themselves...

If you have to travel during the Songkran period, make sure your bag is in a waterproof bag...

If you are travelling into Pattaya on one of the busy Songkran day's make sure you get in before 11am because the traffic after that is terrible. We took 5 hours to get from the outskirts of Pattaya to our apartments near Buddha Hill. The 1st hour or 2 were entertaining watching all the action but we wanted to get involved and couldn't.

i have been to 2 sonkrans 1st time i did the full 7 days and the 2nd time i did last 2 days. i would never do the 7 days again it was annoying after a while people say the water fights stop at 18.00 thats rubbish i was getting soaked all day and night especially in the sois.

when i did only the last 2 days i really enjoyed myself on the last day they closed off beach road and had a big concert i really enjoyed it,it is good for a good piss up and lots of girls about. enjoy yourself mate.

I am doing my very first Songkran this year,and i guess/expect it to be a blast.

Touchdown in Pattaya on the 17th of April

I did return home after my holls in Pattaya on the 13th 2 years ago,so i did have time to see a little of it in real,but otherwise it is only the videos on youtube i have seen.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I been in Pattaya for every Songkran since 2003. April 2003 was my first and you talk about eye opener it was like WTF and I was In love with Pattaya ever since. I love Songkran. What I dont understand it some people dont like but yet they instist on going at this time. lol Oh well up to them but I love it it is so much fun. Just make sure you got your stuff in a plastic ziplock bag and you are good. Take alot of pics I use Sony Cameras always have but I have going to get me a Olympus Camera they make some great water proof cameras. I dont suggest you even take a camera that is not water proof. I will be in Patts I think April 5th 2009 to April 23rd 2009. I cant wait. Like the biggest Wet T-Shirt contest ever. lol

Robert

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!

I been in Pattaya for every Songkran since 2003. April 2003 was my first and you talk about eye opener it was like WTF and I was In love with Pattaya ever since. I love Songkran. What I dont understand it some people dont like but yet they instist on going at this time. lol Oh well up to them but I love it it is so much fun. Just make sure you got your stuff in a plastic ziplock bag and you are good. Take alot of pics I use Sony Cameras always have but I have going to get me a Olympus Camera they make some great water proof cameras. I dont suggest you even take a camera that is not water proof. I will be in Patts I think April 5th 2009 to April 23rd 2009. I cant wait. Like the biggest Wet T-Shirt contest ever. lol

Robert

I will be there April 17-22, first time sonkran. Biggest wet t-shirt contest sounds great.

not been for sonkran, but heard its great fun, might go next year. i was told its great at first but gets to you after a bit

my mate said, he got dressed to go out at 7pm and got soaked, watch and phone knackered and money piss wet through. oh well

<p>

I have been twice for Songkran once in the early nineties which was good and then in 2007,but never again to many crazy people last time

I have been twice for Songkran once in the early nineties which was good and then in 2007,but never again to many crazy people last time

I,too,have had the misfortune to endure Songkran twice before and will avoid this time of year in future.Unless you have the mind of a thirteen year old,give it a miss.All the constant water soon gets tiresome and annoying,but even that is not as bad as the paste they INSIST on smearing on your face.

I,too,have had the misfortune to endure Songkran twice before and will avoid this time of year in future.Unless you have the mind of a thirteen year old,give it a miss.All the constant water soon gets tiresome and annoying,but even that is not as bad as the paste they INSIST on smearing on your face.

In pattaya and other tourist areas it is actually getting out of hand, in normal thai places they do throw some water, but it is quite moderate and if they want to put paste on you, they do it only a little bit and not like the people in tourist areas...

You're kidding. Pattaya has got to be the best place for Songkran. I always love a good water fight. I'll be down at the end of soi 8 on second road with me big bucket of cold water as the baht busses convieniently slow down. Best ever wet t-shirt for the girls down soi 8 and 7 as gang warfare goes on between the bars with who get wet quickest, and anyone else that dares walk down there. GREAT FUN!!!

Will be there in Songkran this year for the first time. What time does the drenching officially stop ? How do the clubs like Lucifers etc. cope with this as I assume it's a hazard if you are inside and dripping wet ? Just curious and need to know how to dress appropriately for the evenings on the town. :P

post-385-1233813086_thumbjpg

has anybody read this book

if not i recommend you do

its about an irish man that went to thailand after investing money in a company that turned out not to be real and then made it his main priority to find the man that scammed him but unfortunaly ended up killing the mans body guard in self defence and was sent to bangkok hilton and the story continues from there

heres a link to the page of the book giving u more info on the story

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...1GB291%26sa%3DN

i have been in bkk and Phuket ,leave your phone or wrap it up with money,get to see all the girls ,alot of people goin crazy to

Its a love/hate subject. Some hate this festivity others love it.

I lie in between. I enjoy it but after 7 days it does get a bit annoying. I have been in Pattaya and Khon Kaen for songkran. 2 very different experiences!

Pattaya is crazy and any thoughts about hiring motorbikes or cars is pointless due to the huge back up of traffic in a car and the danger on a bike. Many are killed in RTA's at this time of the year due to very wet roads and idiots throwing water at moving motorbike etc!

Although the water SHOULD stop at 6pm and I have never experienced it after that time other have. Thats when you will get well pissed off! Cleaned up and ready for a night out and some drunken ass throws a bucket of water at you! Like I say I have never seen water after 6pm but I am sur eit does happen.

Khon Kaen is very different and although there is some water it is not as evident as Patts. Patts is absolutely mad. Any of the soi's are like damn rivers. Damn good fun during the day though, especially if you buy a huge lump of ice to 'chill' the water :D

Its as if everyone in Patts reverts back to being children every day, funny as fook. If I go back during this time of the year I think I will spend the 1st 4 days up north and the last 3 in patts. Most of the provinces only have a 5 day period, patts is 7 days.

If you don't mind getting soaked and having a laugh you will have a ball!

Wha's like us?

Here is a couple of links that might come in handy:

Songkran 2008,

Songkran 2006( i think)

enjoy :D

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Cool video of Soi 8 Matrix, Thanks. Me and about 10 friends going for Songkran this year!

It would be cool to meet up with other board members during that time!