Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Running Routes

Lefty6262

One of the things I enjoy while I’m in Pattaya is my morning run.  Running helps to clear my mind and it helps maintain my weight.  I typically run 10K (6.2 miles). I thought I would ask for suggestions for any new running routes

I usually have two routes.  I typically start near South Pattaya Road and Beach Road. One route I take is down Beach Road and then onto Nakula Road. Usually 5K (3.1 miles) out and then 5K (3.1 miles) back to the starting point.

Another route I take is east on South Pattaya Road to 3rd Road. I turn left and head north on 3rd Road. Again, 5K (3.1 miles) out and then 5K (3.1 miles) back.

Depending on the time, traffic can be a hazard. I haven’t run into any problems with any soi dogs but I do keep an eye out for them.  I thought I would ask if anyone has suggestions for any other routes.  Thanks

I used to run up to the bhudda and down on to jontiem , good run with the hill . This year with the rain just ran in the gym not as fun but there we go 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trev007 said:

I used to run up to the bhudda and down on to jontiem , good run with the hill . This year with the rain just ran in the gym not as fun but there we go 

Good idea. Hills would be a good workout.   That would be south on 2nd Road, under the fly over. Then veer right onto the hill to the Buddha. Does that sound about right?

You can also run the incline at the north end of Beach Road, I am guessing North Pattaya Road to 2nd Road to complete the Beach Road loop. I do that run daily.

52 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

You can also run the incline at the north end of Beach Road, I am guessing North Pattaya Road to 2nd Road to complete the Beach Road loop. I do that run daily.

I think I know the location. Isn't City Hall on North Pattaya Road? I think City Hall is quite a distance from 2nd road but I can identify North Pattaya Road because of City Hall. It's the landmarks that help my sense of direction. :)

Be careful running in Pattaya. The Thais still refuse to build level pavements with cement or asphalt. They love their tile sidewalks. I think the local hospitals and medical association subsidize their construction. I have tripped on those tiles too many  times. Last time about 5 years ago I went head over heels and came up with blood pouring down my face. That was the last time I went running in Pattaya. 

If you have to run, wear light shoes so you will take higher steps and keep an eye on the surface ahead. Good luck.  

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

2 hours ago, Lefty6262 said:

Good idea. Hills would be a good workout.   That would be south on 2nd Road, under the fly over. Then veer right onto the hill to the Buddha. Does that sound about right?

Yes about that 

23 hours ago, cjtrader said:

Be careful running in Pattaya. The Thais still refuse to build level pavements with cement or asphalt. They love their tile sidewalks. I think the local hospitals and medical association subsidize their construction. I have tripped on those tiles too many  times. Last time about 5 years ago I went head over heels and came up with blood pouring down my face. That was the last time I went running in Pattaya. 

If you have to run, wear light shoes so you will take higher steps and keep an eye on the surface ahead. Good luck.  

Yes, another hazard. One time I was running on 2nd road (in front of Royal Garden Plaza) and I tripped on the broken pavement. Fortunately, I was able to brace myself for the fall and I only suffered minimal damage. I was lucky. 

Another hazard is the drainage grates. I’m avoid them like the plaque.  I’m always afraid they will break when I step on one and my leg will be stuck. I don't even want to think about the damage that would cause.  

• 1 month later...

I enjoy running and doing it on Beach road while in Pattaya was on my to do list the last 3 times i went there. But always lacking time or being too exhausted with my nights in the  crazy party city..I promise I will try again to do a jog next time (February 2020) I will go there !

Edited by Rebell

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 1 year later...

Thought I put in a plug here for the Pattaya House Harriers NOSH (Non Official Hash) trail. It's something the PH3 started doing during the last lockdown, and have restarted after the latest round of restrictions on social gatherings. Here's a description of what a NOSH trail is.

A trail will be laid from a well known A site, but without checks. The paper will be left in place for about 5 days before it is removed. Anyone who would like to take advantage of this trail is welcome to do so, but there is nothing else organised, no transport, water stop etc etc.

The point is you can go out in very small groups or as individuals at any time between the paper being laid and removed. We hope that this keeps the spirit of the hash alive and gives our members an opportunity to participate in something that is the closest to hashing that can be provided in these times.

NOSH 2021, #1 is now open. Details about the trail and location can be found on the PH3 FB page using this link.

So if you're interested in off road, cross country running/walking, give it a try. And once things open up again come out for one of the regular hash runs.

On On.jpg

• Like 1

If you start at the Dolphin roundabout, down the beach, all the way along the beach pavement. down Walking Street, then continue up the Lighthouse....and back, thats about 10 ks, lovely with the sea breeze

• 1 year later...

I used to run in the morning from near the old Diana hotel down a long beach road and then up and over the big hill into Jomtien.  Would run for a few K's down that beach road and then back.  I might add that this was back in the 90's so a lot less crowded then.

Edited by speedybluebiker