IGNORED

Eva Air BR68 Cancelled

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Tonights Eva Airways return flight BR68 to Bangkok has been cancelled for some reason, don't know why as the incoming flight arrived 10 minutes late i feel sorry for anyone already at the airport having there flight cancelled, any members due to fly out tonight from Heathrow on this flight.

This flight BR68D now has an estimated rescheduled departure of Saturday morning 9am arriving Sunday morning at Bangkok Airport at 02.30am wow 36 hours late.

12 hours ago, NotASexTorist said:

Why feel sorry for them? That is 600€ in their pockets.

If my flight was cancelled i`d be pissed off, being reimbursed is fine but its the inconvenience that goes with it especially if you`ve been looking forward to an holiday for a while!

15 hours ago, NotASexTorist said:

Would rather the flight was not cancelled 600€ is bugger all for all the inconvenience.

10 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Would rather the flight was not cancelled 600€ is bugger all for all the inconvenience.

You're 100% correct about that.

I have missed connection for my last leg of the trip into Bangkok several times over the years, yes they put me up in a hotel and give me food vouchers and even a credit voucher for future trips.

Now I'm in Japan, Korean and once China and I have to try and contact the hotel, car service, friends that my arrival is going to be delayed at least 12 plus hours.

I'm not sure how I would react if my flight was cancelled and didn't get rebooked soon and miss part of my 'short' holiday in some airport not knowing when I'm going to get there. Money just doesn't make up for that.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I'm a regular flyer from Heathrow to Bangkok, 3 times a year me last trip in July I just missed the strike by 3 days so i was lucky, I was about to book again with Eva for Novemeber now I'm thinking this airline has to many problems and I better switch back to Thai Airways. 

8 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

This flight BR68D now has an estimated rescheduled departure of Saturday morning 9am arriving Sunday morning at Bangkok Airport at 02.30am wow 36 hours late.

Thursday's flight BR68D to Bangkok now estimated rescheduled departure for Saturday morning at 10am arriving 3.30am at Bangkok Airport making it nearly 37 hours.

Have to agree with all the comment's the flight to me is more important than the money with all the inconvenience and disruption that occurs when your at the airport and your flight is cancelled or has a very lengthy delay like this flight.  

Yes, I'm also booking with Thai Airways for my next trip in May.

17 hours ago, NotASexTorist said:

I'm pretty sure that EC261 does not apply to this flight.

I was on a overbooked flight years ago when Don Muang was the airport .  They were asking for volunteers.  I did got a few hundred dollars in flight coupon hotel not far from the hotel and food.

I went into Khao san road that night picked up a Korean girl brought her back for a freebie 

I will always take this option 

46 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

Do you have any information, I can't find a reason published

3 hours ago, javasumatra said:

Since you think you know, perhaps you can explain why you think Regulation(EC) No 261/2004  does not apply in this case.

or perhaps better that you read; https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:en:HTML

2 hours ago, bangna said:

Do you have any information, I can't find a reason published

Unless he has some information concerning an extraordinary circumstance, he is wrong.

29 minutes ago, NotASexTorist said:

Since you think you know, perhaps you can explain why you think Regulation(EC) No 261/2004  does not apply in this case.

or perhaps better that you read; https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:en:HTML

The article is correct.

Article 3 section 1B. 

Eva is not a community carrier and EC261 does not apply in this direction. It the delay was from a member state to Bangkok OR if the carrier is a community carrier then EC261 would apply.

7 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

The article is correct.

Article 3 section 1B. 

Eva is not a community carrier and EC261 does not apply in this direction. It the delay was from a member state to Bangkok OR if the carrier is a community carrier then EC261 would apply.

You seem to be confused. First of all, it is (EC) No 261/2004. It is important to get that right in your correspondence.

Secondly, you seem to have missed the fact the the flight does take off from a member state.

I don't understand how you could have missed it, since it is mentioned multiple times throughout the post. ;)

Don't worry, I'm just ribbing you. You're just suffering from a temporary brain fog.

Agreed, money is nice but executing your vacation as scheduled is nicer (unless the want to fund your entire next vacation). Best case scenario the return flight gets cancelled and you get reimbursed for extending your vacation a day :)

1 minute ago, NotASexTorist said:

You seem to be confused. First of all, it is (EC) No 261/2004. It is important to get that right in your correspondence.

Secondly, you seems to have missed the fact the the flight does take off from a member state.

You're right, I apologize. I thought the flight was BKK-LHR. 

EU->BKK is covered.

3 minutes ago, TommyPattaya said:

Agreed, money is nice but executing your vacation as scheduled is nicer (unless the want to fund your entire next vacation). Best case scenario the return flight gets cancelled and you get reimbursed for extending your vacation a day :)

(EC) No 261/2004 compensation not payable on the return portion unless with a EU community airline.

:rolleyes:

The reality is, if the flight is cancelled, it is cancelled. What are you going to do? 

If you are lucky, they will re-route you and you will land at least four hours after your scheduled time. 

No inconvenience for me, but then perhaps you have tiny holidays where every day counts. I'll take a month or two, so a day's delay is no skin off my back. I just go home to relax, if no more flights that day.

Executing your vacation as scheduled? Doesn't sound relaxing. Seems like a military exercise.

18 minutes ago, NotASexTorist said:

(EC) No 261/2004 compensation not payable on the return portion unless with a EU community airline.

:rolleyes:

The reality is, if the flight is cancelled, it is cancelled. What are you going to do? 

If you are lucky, they will re-route you and you will land at least four hours after your scheduled time. 

No inconvenience for me, but then perhaps you have tiny holidays where every day counts. I'll take a month or two, so a day's delay is no skin off my back. I just go home to relax, if no more flights that day.

Executing your vacation as scheduled? Doesn't sound relaxing. Seems like a military exercise.

You and I both seem to have abundant time and a day or two means little in the grand scheme of things.  I can remember when I worked long hours and had to beg to get any time off that a day or two would have been a major inconvenience.  Have to remember not everyone has the same lifestyle options.

1 minute ago, fatjack1 said:

You and I both seem to have abundant time and a day or two means little in the grand scheme of things.  I can remember when I worked long hours and had to beg to get any time off that a day or two would have been a major inconvenience.  Have to remember not everyone has the same lifestyle options.

I try to enjoy my life no matter what I am doing. We are here for a finite time. So no point in wasting your time being stressed and unhappy.

If your flight is cancelled, look to make the best of your time regardless. In so that you have a positive memory instead of a negative one.

The compensation goes some way to that happening. Splash out on a good meal. Strike up a conversation. Make a new friend.

If you make yourself miserable and stressed, that's a wasted day.

When you worry about what you are missing, you make yourself stressed and unhappy. So do something else that is pleasant.

That's how I see it.

It must have been very-frustrating, for the people booked to fly, but hopefully EVA got some of them onto another Star-Alliance flight that evening ?  Plenty of those, out of LHR, heading Eastwards late-evening.

And IMO a long-delay is still very-much better, than going ahead and operating the flight, with a known technical-problem !  Safety-First is Essential, when it comes to aviation.

This flight Eva Airways BR68D to Bangkok has finerly taken off this morning Saturday 10.01am  and is expected to arrive Bangkok at 03.10 on Sunday morning not a good time to arrive that time in the morning, don't know how many passagers it would  be carrying now being 37 hours late, can only assume this flight had Technical issuses when it arrived at Heathrow on Thursday evening at 19.30pm. 

Yea like the other posters have said, cancelled flights suck especially if youre on your way to somewhere for vacation or on a couple days off. Vouchers dont give you time and days wasted. But then again especially if youre gonna be canned tuna in a plane better to be safe than sorry.

37 hours late though is pretty dam bad..

Archived