IGNORED

Oman Air - BC, one way promotion

LuckyAye

Oman air seem to have a promotion on right now, giving a one way ticket on BC for around 1150 pounds. Im flying Edinburgh to Bangkok, Via Manchester.

That might not seem too cheap, but normally the carriers charge more for a one way ticket as they do for a Return. 

Before i found this i was going to have to book a return flight,  with BC on the way out and premium on the the way back. Then cancel the return or just not show up...which can cause problems.

3 minutes ago, Man7 said:

BC?

Business class I think?

2 hours ago, Man7 said:

BC?

Flying by Pterodactyl i would imagine!:P

Going the other way I snagged a one-way yesterday in Economy on Oman Air, only £235 for CNX-BKK-MCT-LHR mid-week end-February on BudgetAir (an OTA), and was able to pay in £Stg which saved the usual 3% currency-conversion charge.

I was quite chuffed to have spotted that one ! :rolleyes:

Heres an update on the Oman air BC flight.

Edinburgh to Manchester was with Flybe,

Fastrack through security and Aspire Lounge access..Lounge was better than i expected with decent hot food and a complementary bar. Flybe flight was typical budget plane with no BC seats.

Manchester to Muscat - Aspire lounge again, Oman air has a separate section roped of, same food and drinks as everyone else though..as its later in the day the lounge was almost empty, so plenty of food and east to get a drink. Unlike Edinburgh earlier in the day when you had to queue up for a drink at the bar.

The flight was on a dream liner with a very new looking interior, huge seat, masses of leg room. you would need to be about 7ft tall before you ran out of room lying flat out on this thing. 

I thought the seat and food were excellent, i have flown almost all of the business class options from the UK to Thailand and this is better than Eva air, which was my number one pick before,....and still is if you want a direct London to Bangkok flight.

Muscat to Bangkok - This is the first time i had been on the new Muscat Airport, impressive. It wasn't too busy at 06:00 when we landed and was still quiet when i left at 08:00..

The Oman air lounge was massive, but strangely very busy,  i could easily get a seat, but compared with the main terminal i wondered why it felt crowded in here.

I didn't eat in the lounge as i knew i would get better food on the plane, i did check out the bar and there was plenty of decent spirits on offer. 

Flight was another dream liner, great seat again, same inflight entertainment as before, plenty of movie choices.

I gotta say the food and drinks offered on both the dream liner flights was way better than normally provided on BC flights, i had 2 starters instead of the mains on this leg and they were both amazing. 

Landed on time, fastrack through the airport, bags took ages..raining outside:)

Will be using Oman air more often now. 

10 minutes ago, LuckyAye said:

Heres an update on the Oman air BC flight.

Edinburgh to Manchester was with Flybe,

Fastrack through security and Aspire Lounge access..Lounge was better than i expected with decent hot food and a complementary bar. Flybe flight was typical budget plane with no BC seats.

Manchester to Muscat - Aspire lounge again, Oman air has a separate section roped of, same food and drinks as everyone else though..as its later in the day the lounge was almost empty, so plenty of food and east to get a drink. Unlike Edinburgh earlier in the day when you had to queue up for a drink at the bar.

The flight was on a dream liner with a very new looking interior, huge seat, masses of leg room. you would need to be about 7ft tall before you ran out of room lying flat out on this thing. 

I thought the seat and food were excellent, i have flown almost all of the business class options from the UK to Thailand and this is better than Eva air, which was my number one pick before,....and still is if you want a direct London to Bangkok flight.

Muscat to Bangkok - This is the first time i had been on the new Muscat Airport, impressive. It wasn't too busy at 06:00 when we landed and was still quiet when i left at 08:00..

The Oman air lounge was massive, but strangely very busy,  i could easily get a seat, but compared with the main terminal i wondered why it felt crowded in here.

I didn't eat in the lounge as i knew i would get better food on the plane, i did check out the bar and there was plenty of decent spirits on offer. 

Flight was another dream liner, great seat again, same inflight entertainment as before, plenty of movie choices.

I gotta say the food and drinks offered on both the dream liner flights was way better than normally provided on BC flights, i had 2 starters instead of the mains on this leg and they were both amazing. 

Landed on time, fastrack through the airport, bags took ages..raining outside:)

Will be using Oman air more often now. 

I'm pretty sure that the seat was an Apex suite. They are said to be the second best business class seat available after Qatar's Qsuites. Unfortunately Qatar have a bad habit of swapping equipment about so there's no guarantees of getting Qsuites but I hear they are usually used on the LHR - DOH  route.

Gulf Air use the same seat on the LHR-BAH route and have excellent in flight service too. I've heard that the BKK leg is also the same seat now.

17 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

I'm pretty sure that the seat was an Apex suite. They are said to be the second best business class seat available after Qatar's Qsuites. Unfortunately Qatar have a bad habit of swapping equipment about so there's no guarantees of getting Qsuites but I hear they are usually used on the LHR - DOH  route.

Gulf Air use the same seat on the LHR-BAH route and have excellent in flight service too. I've heard that the BKK leg is also the same seat now.

Ye i heard the Q suite was amazing. Get some good deals on Qatar from time to time also. Hopefully they ramp up conversions.

I flew the gulf air from Bangkok to Bahrain on the dreamliner and yes, same seat. i was facing back words on the last row and i felt it was even longer..Food not as good as Oman.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived