Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Using American Netflix with vpn from Australia

bukone

Hi, just recently got a vpn for obvious reasons.

What I want to know is how do I use Netflix on my tv from my phone when you your phone and smart tv need to be on the same wifi, i want to look at American netflix not Australian, as basically Aussie Netflix is garbage.

My phone is a apple iPhone and my tv is Samsung, I think my tv is picking up my phone has a vpn so its not on the same IP address.

Thanks in advance for any help, and yes I’m not very computer or tech savvy :) 

Hi, just recently got a vpn for obvious reasons.
What I want to know is how do I use Netflix on my tv from my phone when you your phone and smart tv need to be on the same wifi, i want to look at American netflix not Australian, as basically Aussie Netflix is garbage.
My phone is a apple iPhone and my tv is Samsung, I think my tv is picking up my phone has a vpn so its not on the same IP address.
Thanks in advance for any help, and yes I’m not very computer or tech savvy [emoji4] 

Which VPN did you join? Netflix is very active in blocking VPN usage, so chances are they're blocking the servers your VPN is using.

How are you sending the image from your phone to your tv, Chromecast? How ever you're sending it, I doubt this is the issue.

Is your Samsung TV a smart tv? If so, see if your VPN has an app in their store and install it along with the Netflix app. Run the VPN app first and connect to a US server before running the Netflix app. If you're still having issues then it's more than likely they're blocking your VPNs servers.

1 hour ago, OoJohnnyoO said:

Which VPN did you join? Netflix is very active in blocking VPN usage, so chances are they're blocking the servers your VPN is using.

How are you sending the image from your phone to your tv, Chromecast? How ever you're sending it, I doubt this is the issue.

Is your Samsung TV a smart tv? If so, see if your VPN has an app in their store and install it along with the Netflix app. Run the VPN app first and connect to a US server before running the Netflix app. If you're still having issues then it's more than likely they're blocking your VPNs servers.

Expressvpn yes it’s also a smart tv.

i will try to find the app on vpn, I’ve only had it a few days so getting used to it.

i was trying to link with phone to tv, but realised im on vpn so it won’t recognise my phone ip 5555

will try to look on vpn for app, thanks m8 

Expressvpn yes it’s also a smart tv.

Just had a quick Google, expressvpn doesn't have a Samsung smart tv app, so you're out of luck there.
But, it looks as though it isn't Netflix blocking your VPNs servers either, so at least that's a plus. From the few results I looked at it seems as though expressvpn rates quite highly amongst users trying to bypass Netflix's geoblocking.

So it looks like the issue is how your sending the image from your phone to your tv. You may have to invest in a cheap Android TV box, or something similar that can install both the expressvpn and Netflix apps.
If you're interested in going this route then you can't go wrong with this https://www.vodafone.com.au/vodafone-tv buy it online or from your local Voda shop if they have in stock.
I have one of these connected to my bedroom tv and it runs brilliantly, highly recommend it if you're not keen on spending a couple hundy on a premium Android box like a NVIDIA Shield...

Ignore the Vodafone branding, it's not locked to their network or anything, you can install anything you want on it. It has a native Netflix app installed, with a dedicated button on the remote, would just need to install expressvpn's app and you're on you way.

20 hours ago, OoJohnnyoO said:

Just had a quick Google, expressvpn doesn't have a Samsung smart tv app, so you're out of luck there.
But, it looks as though it isn't Netflix blocking your VPNs servers either, so at least that's a plus. From the few results I looked at it seems as though expressvpn rates quite highly amongst users trying to bypass Netflix's geoblocking.

So it looks like the issue is how your sending the image from your phone to your tv. You may have to invest in a cheap Android TV box, or something similar that can install both the expressvpn and Netflix apps.
If you're interested in going this route then you can't go wrong with this https://www.vodafone.com.au/vodafone-tv buy it online or from your local Voda shop if they have in stock.
I have one of these connected to my bedroom tv and it runs brilliantly, highly recommend it if you're not keen on spending a couple hundy on a premium Android box like a NVIDIA Shield...

Ignore the Vodafone branding, it's not locked to their network or anything, you can install anything you want on it. It has a native Netflix app installed, with a dedicated button on the remote, would just need to install expressvpn's app and you're on you way.

Thanks again mate, just ordered it 2 days it will arrive and yes it did have expressvpn app in it.

Thanks again mate, just ordered it 2 days it will arrive and yes it did have expressvpn app in it.
No worries mate.

Like I said I've got one myself so any dramas setting it up just shoot us a message, it's pretty straight forward though.

Archived