Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bury FC.

vimto66

Expelled from the football league, lower division club but twice FA cup winners, spend time in the top flight, over 130  years of history but now no more.Really sad when something like this happens, seen my team there a number of times over the years and seen some right matches, 4-4 draw and  6-0 win and defeat in successive seasons.

Whatever went on behind the scenes with all the internal wrangling, it does anger me somewhat when clubs in the greedy league pay some players literally millions a year for basically being shite, i know its not their fault but its a stark reminder abut the haves and the have nots in football, in many ways the prem has been great for football, but in other ways not so much, Bolton wanderers another famous old club could go the same way if a buyer isnt found in the next two weeks.

start of the bubble burst IMO..

level of money involved cant continue

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

For many years now English football has attracted big money. Sadly most of the money has gone to the premiership.  I can remember many years ago top flight teams used to buy a lot of players from lower division sides.  So money trickled down to the lower divisions but now that the clubs in the top division have so much money they look abroad for players.  So the small clubs lose out. 

They would also play these clubs in pre season friendlies instead of going to Asia or USA ,and also in the cups ,now prem clubs just play squad players so fans don't go to the match .

Just read a report the clubs in div one and two there grounds were on average 43% full last season,the can not attract new fans ,as they have easy access to prem games on tv

I think the only way it will survive long term is if like abroad clubs had a smaller club as a b club or feeder club,also surprised not any news on ground sharing ,surely that's better than no club 

Don't think this will be the last , think in two to three years a good 6-10 clubs will go or become part time ,football is no longer the working mans game. When I got first season ticket I paid £76 to stand up,this included 21 league games ,5 cup ties and all the reserve game .this season it cost me£1500 and that's for 19 league games only everything else have to pay for with cat a games being £88 

Surely, as one badly run club is expelled to the lower leagues, a better run ambitious club will then take their place from the pyramid?

I don't really get all this hand wringing today.

3 hours ago, james 71 said:

Don't think this will be the last , think in two to three years a good 6-10 clubs will go or become part time ,football is no longer the working mans game. 

The same was said after Maidstone, Wimbledon ... etc.

In 1981 Everton bought Neville Southall from Bury and during is time at Everton he became one of the best goalkeepers(if not the best) in the world.  Its a shame the club has gone.

Liverpool got great players like Ian Rush from Chester and Kevin Keegan from Scunthorpe.  Locals need there football teams and dare I say it bigger clubs need these clubs because they help bring on great players

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

It's not "gone"

So Bury are still in the football league??

34 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

No they have been removed from the Football League, but they are still not "gone"

32 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Kicked out of EFL and now go into FL??

But if their expenses are greater than income, eventually no club. 

2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

No they have been removed from the Football League, but they are still not "gone"

But they've gone from the football league

37 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

gone [adjective]
[ after verb ] If something is gone, there is none of it left:

[ after verb ] dead:

40 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Football league doesn't exist anymore.

Expelled from EFL, so if they have any future it may be in the national league?

(Not being pedantic, calling it EFL - wasn't the old league split up somehow?)

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

Football league doesn't exist anymore.

Expelled from EFL, so if they have any future it may be in the national league?

Hi Taylor you must remember I'm old :Laugh1:

I still call it the football league

Bury have been expelled from the EFL

So as they are expelled they are GONE from the EFL

But hopefully they can get back

10 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Hi Taylor you must remember I'm old :Laugh1:

I still call it the football league

Bury have been expelled from the EFL

So as they are expelled they are GONE from the EFL

But hopefully they can get back

lol yeh i don't remember the history of the league that well. I rely on wikipedia!

wanna see something funny?? (Get the volume on too!)

For many years Bury,s pitch was the best playing surface in the country...as a kid I used to go there when Bury were a second division side and sitting in the free boys stand stamping our feet on the wooden boards made one hell of a noise....happy childhood memories.....football is a business now not a sport :ThumbUp6:

22 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

gone [adjective]
[ after verb ] If something is gone, there is none of it left:

[ after verb ] dead:

Hi Taa_Saparot in future I must word my posting to your exacting standards

Gone(adjective) can also mean

no longer present; departed.

And I believe Bury have been expelled from the EFL so that means they are "no longer present.  Which is why I said that they are gone.

I think both of us would love to see Bury return to the EFL

4 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I think both of us would love to see Bury return to the EFL

No, as I have already stated, I look forward to watching the ambitious, well run football club that will take their place.

13 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

No, as I have already stated, I look forward to watching the ambitious, well run football club that will take their place.

The problem was they were a badly run ambitious club and I feel sorry for the fans/people of Bury. They deserved better

Archived