IGNORED

BA pilots strike

Luv2Phuket

No dates given yet, but be aware that BA pilots overwhelmingly voted in favor of "industrial action" (which I think = a strike).

https://onemileatatime.com/british-airways-pilots-vote-to-go-on-strike/

Given the hassles that those who were booked on EVA experienced, this may be something for UK BMs (or anyone else who flies BA) to keep an eye on in the coming weeks/months....

Two reasons for me to steer clear of BA

1 I was caught up in the EVA strike, nightmare, still waiting for my refund

2 BA are shite

To hell with the people left stranded travelling for medical treatment, for studies, funerals or critical business meetings.......it can really bugger up a whore monger's sex tour.......Oh my god!!!

8 hours ago, cockney_fozz said:

2 BA are shite

3. BA are shite 

• 2 weeks later...

MORE bad news for Heathrow travelers -- looks like Heathrow ground staff has strikes planned for August 5-6 and August 23-24:

https://onemileatatime.com/heathrow-strike/

This is NOT BA ground crew, but Heathrow employees, so expect a complete fucking mess if traveling on those dates.  SERIOUS issues with carry-on and security lanes are expected.

....and still no word on that possible pilot's strike

I don't think it will affect to many people here, mainly because BA are shite.

I just booked my flight a few days ago with BA, If they strike on the 30th of October then there will be blood grrrrr :D .

2 separate disputes.

Ground staff etc announced strikes for today and tomorrow and again for 23/24 August. They’re at ACAS and today’s strike was called off BUT a lot of flights had been cancelled in Advance anyway. This affects all airlines not just BA eg Gulf have cancelled tomorrow’s LHR-BAH flight.

The pilots are also still in talks with BA at the moment. They must give 2 weeks warning of strike action so the earliest it could be is now the 19th - though looks like talks continuing so that will get later.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Tomorrow’s industrial action has been called off as talks continue. A number of flights had been cancelled so unclear if all will now operate. Gulf have reinstated their flight.

Just to reiterate how shite BA is, just out now:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-british-airways-delays-after-18854771

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And their data breach last year in which I got involved and not a single "sorry we're shite" email received.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

• 3 weeks later...

Threads merged.

On 22/07/2019 at 13:43, cockney_fozz said:

2 BA are shite

In business and first, BA are shite. There are just so many better options from Europe to Thailand including QR, EK, EY, CX, QF, BR, AY, WY, TG, RJ.......well basically anybody.

In economy, As long as BA do not got 3-4-3 on the 777 and leave it at 3-3-3, I might use them. I'd prefer BA 3-3-3 on a 777 to an agonising 3-4-3 on another carrier.

My next few trips are -

1. CLT-ORD-NRT-BKK in biz next week (redemption) on AA to ORD and then onto JAL. (AA are shite).

2. BKK-WUH-SFO-CLT in biz early September on CZ. I was seduced by the $1800 biz return fare.

3. CLT-SFO-WUH-BKK in biz November on CZ. Thanksgiving trip and the return sector of the previous fare.

4. SQ BKK-SIN-EWR in PE in November to get us home. Longest flight in the world SIN-EWR on the A350-900ULR. 17 hours. $800 each.

“The British Airline Pilots’ Association (Balpa) said the airline had rejected its proposals to resolve the standoff and it had “no choice but to call this action”. The airline said it had offered a three-year deal of 11.5% that had been accepted by other BA employees”

“A BA captain earns an average of £167,000 and, with allowances and bonuses, would pass £200,000 per year after the three-year pay deal”

My flight on 12th September was cancelled, rebooked for 14th now.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

Be aware if you have a flight booked around this time too particularly if it is a reward flight. My partner had a long haul business class reward flight booked for Thursday 12th and woke up to a text this morning informing her that her booking had been cancelled ( the flight itself is still running as scheduled and cash tickets are still available for purchase albeit at a punitive rate ) 

Stay away from BA cos they're absolutely SHITE    

live the life you love, love the life you live  

22 hours ago, bakufoz said:

My flight on 12th September was cancelled, rebooked for 14th now.

Now they tell me the original flight is not cancelled! Absolute joke of a company.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

Archived