Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

First stay in Pattaya

LikeThat

Hello friends,

Planning my first stay in Bangkok and Pattaya.  I don't know how long I want to split my time between the two, but I am excited.  How easy is it to find a place last minute, decent stay good wifi and lady friendly, clean bed sheets.

I don't know how long I want to be in Pattaya and Bangkok until I arrive so booking in advance worries me.  Any suggestions on locations and places to fit my needs? Any extra info?

Thanks

You won't have to worry about finding accommodation there are plenty and you will always find a room.
A few popular ones are Blue Sky on soi 5 BR, Areca Lodge and LK Residence in LK Metro area, 247 Boutique and Acqua hotel on Soi Honey. Not familiar with condos, but VT6 is very popular.
You did not give a lot of info about budget or what areas you're interested in, but you can have a look at some of the reviews on here.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

Also important is when you plan on going. High season is coming and hotels get booked up come December.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if you book the first night or two when you arrive as you don't want to be wandering around a city you don't know. Just decide if you want to spend a few days in Bangkok first or go straight to Patts...

1 hour ago, Machinations said:

You won't have to worry about finding accommodation there are plenty and you will always find a room.
A few popular ones are Blue Sky on soi 5 BR, Areca Lodge and LK Residence in LK metro area, 247 Boutique and Acqua Hotel on Soi Honey. Not familiar with condos, but VT6 is very popular.
You did not give a lot of info about budget or what areas you're interested in, but you can have a look at some of the reviews on here.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, appreciate the help and support for a new first timer.  I just checked out Blue Sky, right up my alley.  Right now it's about $32/night if I just walk in same day would it be pretty close still? Or do hotels work just like airlines and hotels in most bigger cities closer the date the more expensive?  I'll check out the others you recommended now, I got some homework to do and I'm excited thank you!

Some more info if you or others can help out:

-Plan on going to BKK/Pattaya Beginning Nov to the end, about a month give or take.  I don't really want to be on "walking street" but maybe walking distance from the fun and also walking distances to other things like eat, shop, take the women around, time for myself at a cafe.  When I'm recharging and can't make things work I do want to do other things.  

-Want to be close to lots of food variety

-Want to be somewhat central to all the major attractions, the women/beach/mall/food/other?

-Would prefer to spend anywhere from $30-60 USD ideally give or take, or less.  Need decent wifi, comfy pad no bed bugs or thieves coming in snooping around.  Lady friendly without hassle bringing in new people.

36 minutes ago, briguy said:

Also important is when you plan on going. High season is coming and hotels get booked up come December.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if you book the first night or two when you arrive as you don't want to be wandering around a city you don't know. Just decide if you want to spend a few days in Bangkok first or go straight to Patts...

Thanks!  As mentioned above, how is Nov?  Just cutting it close to the crowds and high season?  You make a good point, I'm the kind of guy who wants to prepare a little bit not to be left stressed out on my first visit.

I've been to Bangkok but this is before I knew about Nana plaza, I can't wait for this trip.

Forgive me for all the questions, but do the women primarily use wechat? Do they use instagram or whatsapp?  I usually do Mexico and Colombia now, so whatsapp is primary for me.

48 minutes ago, likeittight said:

I just checked out Blue Sky, right up my alley.  Right now it's about $32/night if I just walk in same day would it be pretty close still?

No, it will be more. I had to add a extra day at the end of my trip. Because I miscalculated how long I was staying. Cost me $50 for a night. I was paying $30 a night with reservations off the internet. 

Asked them about  monthly rates, they said book online, it's cheaper.

59 minutes ago, likeittight said:

Forgive me for all the questions, but do the women primarily use wechat? Do they use instagram or whatsapp?  I usually do Mexico and Colombia now, so whatsapp is primary for me.

No. Almost all use LINE. 

Does Pattaya have as much street food and variety as bangkok?  I plan to eat good and on the streets if possible.

Soi Buakhao has plenty of street food, and the walkway through to the New Plaza has great 50 baht chicken with rice or soup eateries.

On 22/08/2019 at 07:10, briguy said:

I wouldn't worry about hotels being booked out this coming high season, most mongers will be giving Thailand a miss because of the mighty Thai baht in favour of other destinations......... Like myself

9 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

I wouldn't worry about hotels being booked out this coming high season, most mongers will be giving Thailand a miss because of the mighty Thai baht in favour of other destinations......... Like myself

Which other mongering destinations can compare?

47 minutes ago, Spursman said:

In truth, no other mongering destination can compare, but if you want to be in the S E Asia region, there are alternative's.

I've had some memorable trips to neighbouring countries like the Phil's & Cambodia, and to a much lesser extent, Vietnam (which imo, has the most stunningly beautiful women) just a shame that it's so damned difficult to get them into bed !!  555

Getting back to the OP's question, in & around soi buakhao is where you wanna be....you're slap bang in the middle of everything, hotels guesthouse's bars restaurants shops malls street food great nightlife.

Buakhao's got it all and it's perfectly located to use the bahtbus to get around to WS or the six.

Have a great trip and be sure to write a review, it's always interesting to read a review from the perspective of a first time visitor to Pattaya.

Mr magoo.

22 hours ago, Mr magoo said:

In truth, no other mongering destination can compare, but if you want to be in the S E Asia region, there are alternative's.

I've had some memorable trips to neighbouring countries like the Phil's & Cambodia, and to a much lesser extent, Vietnam (which imo, has the most stunningly beautiful women) just a shame that it's so damned difficult to get them into bed !!  555

Getting back to the OP's question, in & around soi buakhao is where you wanna be....you're slap bang in the middle of everything, hotels guesthouse's bars restaurants shops malls street food great nightlife.

Buakhao's got it all and it's perfectly located to use the bahtbus to get around to WS or the six.

Have a great trip and be sure to write a review, it's always interesting to read a review from the perspective of a first time visitor to Pattaya.

Mr magoo.

Thank you Mr. Magoo, would you say theres just as much street food as there is in big cit Bangkok?  When I'm "recharging" i do want to roam around and eat up as much as I can.  I don't want to be eating non-thai food, I love everything Thai and just wondering if the variety is there.  I'll definitely do my best to post a first trip report, as a thanks to the board

24 minutes ago, likeittight said:

Thank you Mr. Magoo, would you say theres just as much street food as there is in big cit Bangkok?  When I'm "recharging" i do want to roam around and eat up as much as I can.  I don't want to be eating non-thai food, I love everything Thai and just wondering if the variety is there.  I'll definitely do my best to post a first trip report, as a thanks to the board

There is not as much street food as in Bangkok. Pattaya is mainly tourist oriented with much more tourist food (Sushi, Chabu, indian, arab, chinese, farang). Good and various street food can be found at the night markets in Theprasit road or Jomtien gathering much more to local thai people.

@likeittight

It's been quite awhile since I've spent any time in Bangkok, so I'm not really up to speed on the street food news in that fair city, having said that, from various news articles I've read, I was under the impression that there's been a decline in street food vendors, something about, attempting to gentrify the city and make it more tourist friendly ?? Nah, I don't understand that way of thinking either !!

The irony of course, is that it's the very same street food vendors that help to give the city it's unique character and charm and acts as a big draw to the millions of visitors to Bangkok.

Now, getting back to Pattaya !!

While it's fair to say that it's a tourist oriented town offering lots of places serving international cuisine, there's absolutely no need to traipse over to the night markets of Thepprasit rd or Jomtien to experience street food (such as the local thai's eat)

Street food vendors are all around you in Patts' and who are their customers ?  It's the locals of course....sure, Tommy Tourist is gonna try as well, you can pick him out easily, he'll be the one saying when asked if he wants chilli,  “Ooh, just a little bit”  (soft arse !!)

Take a walk around LK Metro in the early evening, the place is rammed with vendors catering to the girls before they start work in the bars and agogo's, similarly, you can walk down Lengkee and Diana and find lots of vendors there.

On a personal note, my favourite vendor had a regular spot on Lengkee, she'd set up in the early evening and had a loyal customer base, many of whom were the staff from the hospital round the corner, her cart was always busy, be it the moto-taxi guys, speaking of which, don't be afraid to take one, I use 'em all the time (when a bahtbus just won't get you there soon enough !!) the staff from various massage shops travel agents etc etc, but by their very nature, they're on wheels, so are constantly moving from location to location dependant on the time of day.

You needn't have any concerns about being able to find good street food in Pattaya, all you need to do is dive in & enjoy it, it's freshly cooked taste's delicious and is great value for money, just ask the locals !! 555

Mr magoo.

On 25/08/2019 at 09:43, Spursman said:

Even today's Pattaya no longer compares to what it once was

2 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

Even today's Pattaya no longer compares to what it once was

I agree but still the best mongering destination in the world.

1 hour ago, Spursman said:

I agree but still the best mongering destination in the world.

It was, I have had just as much fun in other parts of the world, but fun is different for different folks.... To me fun is having as much pussy as I want without going bankrupt paying for it........These days Pattaya will bankrupt me...I used to visit Pattaya 3 or 4 times per year. So as I have said, there are other mongering destinations where there is real good pussy to be had far cheaper then Pattaya.......But Pattaya was a great place , but now it is being taken over by the Indians, Koreans and Chinese tourist which changes the atmosphere and vibe of Pattaya from what I used to enjoy 

7 minutes ago, dingbat22 said:

It was, I have had just as much fun in other parts of the world, but fun is different for different folks.... To me fun is having as much pussy as I want without going bankrupt paying for it........These days Pattaya will bankrupt me...I used to visit Pattaya 3 or 4 times per year. So as I have said, there are other mongering destinations where there is real good pussy to be had far cheaper then Pattaya.......But Pattaya was a great place , but now it is being taken over by the Indians, Koreans and Chinese tourist which changes the atmosphere and vibe of Pattaya from what I used to enjoy 

Where else would you recommend?

Never heard anybody complain that Pattaya is lacking Thai food, 555

Update: Thanks to all you guys who replied, much appreciated!  

I've decided to book my trip and stay for Nov 1- 23, should be enough!  My dilemma still stands, in that, preferably I'd like to stay in a nice place like LK Residence or Areca Lodge as they are central to action and fun but booking in advance will charge me upfront correct?  

I still want to be able to fly out to Vietnam/Indo/Cambo etc for a short two day trip to look around but if I reserve my hotel there will be days wasted just being empty.  

Again is there a big chance I can score my hotels last minute for good price?  I am the type of person who prefers to reserve in advance for piece of mind, however this trip will be different since I know I may bounce around.

26 minutes ago, likeittight said:

Update: Thanks to all you guys who replied, much appreciated!  

I've decided to book my trip and stay for Nov 1- 23, should be enough!  My dilemma still stands, in that, preferably I'd like to stay in a nice place like LK Residence or Areca Lodge as they are central to action and fun but booking in advance will charge me upfront correct?  

I still want to be able to fly out to Vietnam/Indo/Cambo etc for a short two day trip to look around but if I reserve my hotel there will be days wasted just being empty.  

Again is there a big chance I can score my hotels last minute for good price?  I am the type of person who prefers to reserve in advance for piece of mind, however this trip will be different since I know I may bounce around.

I cannot believe you do not know about Agoda, Booking.com etc and the simple answer is if you want a side trip do it at the beginning or end of your stay. 

Posts like this have got to be a wind up surely!

You could make two reservations, one before and one after your sidetrip.

Or if you are unsure about the dates, on the last day of your sidetrip book the hotel before comming back to thailand.

Edit:

A quick check tells me that Agoda has about 3000 free hotelrooms for tomorrow ao i dont think a last minute booking should be a problem

/Mike

Update-

Booked my flight and hotels.  Staying at the LK Residence and tried Areca Lodge but damn literally 24 hours after I made the decision to book alllllll the days I wanted to try in Nov are gone... It's ok my other stay will be Page 10 just to change locations a bit and a different room. Too much time at one location will get to me.

Installed Grab for my few day stint in BKK, and also insalled Line.  Lets get some...

Archived