Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

High Vs Low season + any Canadians down there?

Big Wheels

We were there for a few weeks last year and are thinking of going back again. We can get a pretty good deal for airfare from canada to Bkk. I know I dont want to be around for the new year water fights but im thinking mid-end of Feb maybe good. I think this is still high season so what are we looking at for general prices for hotels and entertainment etc...please pm me if you have the chance! Thanks

Sean

We were there for a few weeks last year and are thinking of going back again. We can get a pretty good deal for airfare from canada to Bkk. I know I dont want to be around for the new year water fights but im thinking mid-end of Feb maybe good. I think this is still high season so what are we looking at for general prices for hotels and entertainment etc...please pm me if you have the chance! Thanks

Sean

Oh and I look forward to meeting up with a bunch of you all again! The Pub Crawls were allot of good wholesome fun!

Hey Sean,

Hi from a fellow Canadian (Vancouver), well non-resident now as I live in Pattaya when not as sea on my cruise ship.

It's a tough question you ask. With the political unrest they had in the late fall, everything has changed a lot of people canceled their plans. It was a very slow peak season for most. I'm here right now and it seems a bit slow but better than August. But, August definitly had its good points as well.

so,

There are many cheap alternatives to be had, depending on your budget, and many posts on "cheap accomodation to read. Just do some searching and then some emailing for costs and be sure to make a counter offer as they will want the business at that time of year.

Another place to look,

Many people have given up selling their condo's in this market and are now renting them out. They want long term but if you had a empty condo would you want a two week rental or nothing at all?????

I'm here until Feb 22, maybe we'll meet up.

Rob

Hey Rob I was thinking the same thing, I was on www.towncountryproperty.com and looking at some of their condo's for rent and they all say long time, you think they would do a two week thing and do you think they will budge on price?

Think I have read every post on this site and I'm still undecided on where to Stay......I was all about Secrets for awhile but now I'm unsure.

I'm looking at going sometime in April but I hear it starts to get damn hot at that time.

Fellow Canadian (Alberta)

there certainly has not been any High Season at all so do deals where you can. You are actually more likely to get deals off a farang owned guest house etc as they do deals as opposed to Thais who still think it is high Season

www.agoda.com is very good for hotel prices I use them all the time

Hi from another Canadian - Toronto Area

I agree that www.agoda.com has some really good prices when compared to the hotels website. Still makes me a little nervous. I prefer to book with the hotel directly to insure there are no problems. But the Prices on Agoda really make it worth it to go with them.

I'll be there Feb 4 - 24.

Hi from another Canadian(Saskatoon Sask) Will be there March and April 09, 5th trip. PM me if any questions and hope to meet up for drinks and bar crawls.