Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tomx2

Looking for Mobile Plan (First Time).

Recommended Posts

tomx2

HI.

This will be my first time using a 3G/4G Thai Sim card + Mobile plan in Pattaya.

Looking to stream 1.5hr movies 4x per month on a Poco fone having 4G capabilities.

Minimum 4mbps speed, 15-30GB (per month) for 90 days.

Found this posted on the internet.

Get a TrueMove H 4G SIM, within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht, then apply the code *900*9605# for 100 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month

Looks perfect for what I want.

 

Went to TrueMove today at Central Festival. Inquired about a monthly mobile plan within my specifications. Their best offer was 28GB, 300mbps max speed for 675 THB per month. I did not bring up the internet plan I found.

 

So here are my question(s) as I am little confused.

a) Is the internet plan I found legitimate? 100GB of 4mbps speed, for 200 THB per month.

b) Beside the mbps speed, why is there such a difference in price? 675 vs 200 THB having the same amount of GB?

c) Why didn't the TrueMove Customer Rep offer something similar to the internet plan?

d) Since I need a 3 month plan. Do I just (TOP-UP) my account another 200 THB before the month expires to get a new 100GB having 4mbps speed on my mobile plan?

e) If I find 4mbps not fast enough, are there 6-10 mbps available within this price range for 90 days?

Thanks.

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotASexTorist

??

You stated that the first package was perfect for you. So why didn't you just apply the code that I supplied and then move on with your life?

Why did you waste your time and now our time, asking the Truemove H representative anything at all?

AFAIK, you need to apply the code within 24 hours of opening the SIM. 

Clearly, as you have illustrated that you understood,  the 675 per month baht pack is not speed limited.

If you don't want speed limited, you can buy this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4g-30gb-1-i366118233-s715428291.html  which covers 12 month of 30 GB per month at full speed....or just pay the 675 baht per month.

Then you'll get whatever speed is available at your particular location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomx2

@NotASexTorist

Got a Truemove 4G Net Sim card today. TRUE-H 4G. 

Registered Sim Card @TrueMove Center.

Added 200 THB.

Applied Code: *900*9605#

Received Message: TrueMove H “Sorry your number is not eligible to redeem for this privilege.”

Is there another code that can be applied?

Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotASexTorist
8 hours ago, tomx2 said:

@NotASexTorist

Got a Truemove 4G Net Sim card today. TRUE-H 4G. 

Registered Sim Card @TrueMove Center.

Added 200 THB.

Applied Code: *900*9605#

Received Message: TrueMove H “Sorry your number is not eligible to redeem for this privilege.”

Is there another code that can be applied?

Jeff.

 

Did you get the card from the Truemove H centre?

 

It should be one of these;

2.thumb.png.b7ca912f5958ff44a3c2837657bea533.png

 

You can read about it here; https://xn--true-zgommp6ed6vzcxa8e.blogspot.com/2019/07/70gb-30.html

 

Seems odd that your SIM doesn't work. Take the SIM and code into the Truemove H service centre and ask them why it doesn't work.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomx2
Posted (edited)

I cannot be sure.

I did buy from TrueMove H Center. 49 THB.

Unfortunately, my hotel maid threw out my Sim card package & receipt laying on the dresser.

Let me try DTAC. Can you attach (or give the exact name) the DTAC Sim Card I need to buy.

Jeff.

Edited by tomx2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotASexTorist
5 hours ago, tomx2 said:

I cannot be sure.

I did buy from TrueMove H Center. 49 THB.

Unfortunately, my hotel maid threw out my Sim card package & receipt laying on the dresser.

Let me try DTAC. Can you attach (or give the exact name) the DTAC Sim Card I need to buy.

Jeff.

 

I am not aware of any limitations on the type of SIM card. I would simply avoid any Tourist SIM.

Turn off data and leave just GSM service on, in so that you don't accidentally lose any credit to data leakage, before the data package is applied. Once the package has been applied, you can turn data back on.

Once done, you can check what you have via the App or here; https://my.dtac.co.th/esv/en/login

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomx2

Ok, Looks like my problem has been solved.  Took NotASexTorist earlier advice and went back to TrueMove service center today. Ask why my card is not working.

TrueMove rep stated message Sorry your number is not eligible to redeem for this privilege” means I have a incorrect Sim Card for *900*9605#.

Even though I requested TrueMove on Day1, I wanted "4G Net Sim", was given a Tourist Card. Lesson learned: Have the TM representative apply code before leaving Shop.

After 30 minutes registration, transferring my current balance + number then apply code, I was given a new "Super Fun for Teens" Sim. Having 4mbps 100GB @200 THB per month.

Work well on Mobdro streaming app, no buffering. But a couple of other 3rd party streaming apps still buffer slightly. Will search online for a promotional package that offers 6 or 10 mbps.

One stat I would like to see is a current GB remaining total on your package.

I know checking data usage is available on my phone. Would like to see a stat from TrueMove showing i.e. You have 99GB...... remaining on your promotional package. *935# does not give me that value.

Does anyone have a TrueMove Number or website showing remaining GB available on a promotional package purchased?

Thanks all for your help.

Jeff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotASexTorist
3 hours ago, tomx2 said:

Ok, Looks like my problem has been solved.  Took NotASexTorist earlier advice and went back to TrueMove service center today. Ask why my card is not working.

TrueMove rep stated message Sorry your number is not eligible to redeem for this privilege” means I have a incorrect Sim Card for *900*9605#.

Even though I requested TrueMove on Day1, I wanted "4G Net Sim", was given a Tourist Card. Lesson learned: Have the TM representative apply code before leaving Shop.

After 30 minutes registration, transferring my current balance + number then apply code, I was given a new "Super Fun for Teens" Sim. Having 4mbps 100GB @200 THB per month.

Work well on Mobdro streaming app, no buffering. But a couple of other 3rd party streaming apps still buffer slightly. Will search online for a promotional package that offers 6 or 10 mbps.

One stat I would like to see is a current GB remaining total on your package.

I know checking data usage is available on my phone. Would like to see a stat from TrueMove showing i.e. You have 99GB...... remaining on your promotional package. *935# does not give me that value.

Does anyone have a TrueMove Number or website showing remaining GB available on a promotional package purchased?

Thanks all for your help.

Jeff.

 

 

 

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotASexTorist

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truelife.mobile.android.trueiservice&hl=en

 

For Desktop; https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/prepaid-top-up You'll need to sign up for a True ID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.