IGNORED

Soi 7\8

Soi13Cowboy

Struggling to get the dates I want in the Queen Vic, can anybody suggest a hotel on either 7\8 that's good value and has WI-FI in the room (for trip reports of course).

Cheers .

Struggling to get the dates I want in the Queen Vic, can anybody suggest a hotel on either 7\8 that's good value and has WI-FI in the room (for trip reports of course).

Cheers .

Eastiny PLACE has wifi in some rooms but at 1600/1700 baht a night prob not good value for you?

Also the Sunshine/Sunrise place next door has a cyber-deal that gives you unlimited access - can't remember how much or whether or not this reaches all rooms - but it covers quite a bit of Soi 7. Much the same thing at the big hotel that faces both Soi7 and 8 (forget name).

Eastiny PLAZA has ETHERNET in rooms, but not wifi. Reception will give you a cable...

Eastiny PLACE has wifi in some rooms but at 1600/1700 baht a night prob not good value for you?

Also the Sunshine/Sunrise place next door has a cyber-deal that gives you unlimited access - can't remember how much or whether or not this reaches all rooms - but it covers quite a bit of Soi 7. Much the same thing at the big hotel that faces both Soi7 and 8 (forget name).

Eastiny PLAZA has ETHERNET in rooms, but not wifi. Reception will give you a cable...

Sorry, should mention that prob prices have dropped now as it was NYE when I was there. Eastiny PLAZA was offering 800-900 deals a night normally I think...

I have just booked 2 weeks at Eastiny Plaza ,ignore room rates on internet site they will discount heavily,ask for Mark or Jum

Sorry, I mixed up the Soi's - yeah, the Eastiny's are on Soi 8. I think they have like 5-7 places in total in that area.

Having stayed at both PLAZA (one night) and PLACE, either have advantages/disadvantages:

PLAZA:

- don't take "seaview" room, you'll pay extra for the added noise!

- no wifi in rooms/lobby (they have in the lobby but deny customers access)

+ safe in room

+ ethernet in room

PLACE

- no in-room safe

+ wifi in room (but hit and miss and didn't seem all that fast)

+ fairly quiet for location

+ better pool and pool area than PLAZA

I tried to convince them to just stick some cheapo wireless routers up in the corridors at PLAZA - I mean they have the structured cables, would have been easy and quick. Why they didn't think of it I don't know...I'm guessing you could even bring one yourself and plug it into the hotel network. I did a quick hunt at Tuk Com but then swapped to PLACE

Edited by koenig

Sorry, I mixed up the Soi's - yeah, the Eastiny's are on Soi 8. I think they have like 5-7 places in total in that area.

Having stayed at both PLAZA (one night) and PLACE, either have advantages/disadvantages:

PLAZA:

- don't take "seaview" room, you'll pay extra for the added noise!

- no wifi in rooms/lobby (they have in the lobby but deny customers access)

+ safe in room

+ ethernet in room

PLACE

- no in-room safe

+ wifi in room (but hit and miss and didn't seem all that fast)

+ fairly quiet for location

+ better pool and pool area than PLAZA

I tried to convince them to just stick some cheapo wireless routers up in the corridors at PLAZA - I mean they have the structured cables, would have been easy and quick. Why they didn't think of it I don't know...I'm guessing you could even bring one yourself and plug it into the hotel network. I did a quick hunt at Tuk Com but then swapped to PLACE

Thanks for the info mate!

:P

EDIT:

"I'm guessing you could even bring one yourself and plug it into the hotel network."

I'm curious if that's possible.....Not sure....Anyone ever tried to plug a cable in without approval of the hotel?? :Clap8:

Edited by e-disco

• 2 months later...

On the Sunbeam hotel website it mentions wi-fi but not sure if this is lobby only. No reviews or comments relating to the hotel so I guess I'll let people know in a week or so.

Bend over and touch your toes, I'll show you where the snake goes.

WiFi is easily hacked these days with "man in the middle attacks". The video below shows how it only takes a few minutes for hackers to be able to see everything (passwords, etc):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=63...eGxBQ&hl=en

If you need secure internet access, you should find a place that provides ADSL so you can physically plug in a network cable.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"