IGNORED

Flight to Phnom Penh

TaffBill

Hi all,

I'm checking out Phnom Penh for the first time in 13 years on my next trip in January and want to know If I can get from Swampy to Don Mueang within a short time slot.

My international flight is due to get into Swampy at 12.30 but theres a flight leaving Don Mueang at 15.10 with Air Asia.

I'm thinking an hour to get through customs (hopefully). Taxi to Don Mueang then just make the flight .

Doable or wait for the next flight at Swampy at 17.20 with Bangkok Airways?

Cheers

Theres heaps of flights from bkk so id go from there

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Not sure I'd attempt that flying hand luggage only and with fast track immigration.

30 minutes ago, gmoule said:

Theres heaps of flights from bkk so id go from there

I am flying from Bangkok mate.

Only the 17.20 from Swampy. 15.10 from Don Muaeng and after that about 8 in the night.

27 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Not sure I'd attempt that flying hand luggage only and with fast track immigration.

Yeah it does look like its going to be cutting it fine.

Probably wait at Swampy for the Bangkok airways flight at 17.20 which I think is double the cost of Air Asia flight from Don Mueang  :(

But if you miss the connection flight you will be pissed off not to mention stressed , and loose more money 

you will recoup the losses by not staying in bkk and spending £4.5 or USD 5 for 1 bottle of beer , hotels , etc 

There is a Bangkok Airways flight from Suvarnbhumi ,if that helps 

On a random date I just checked there is an airline JC that is showing a 17:30 flight from Suvarnabhumi, cheaper than Bangkok Airways for that date. Might be worth looking at.

22 minutes ago, Wiley Coyote said:

There is a Bangkok Airways flight from Suvarnbhumi ,if that helps 

Yes mate thanks. Thats the one I was talking about at 17.20

15 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

On a random date I just checked there is an airline JC that is showing a 17:30 flight from Suvarnabhumi, cheaper than Bangkok Airways for that date. Might be worth looking at.

Cheers mate. I'll have a look for that. It didn't come up in my earlier search.

thinkingallowed

Hi mate. I just put my travel date in which would be Tuesday the 28th January and only 1 flight by JC Airlines is coming up after I land in Swampy. That is at 13.20. No sign of a 17.30 flight.

It does look like I'm on the Bangkok Airways flight at 17.20

19 minutes ago, TaffBill said:

thinkingallowed

Hi mate. I just put my travel date in which would be Tuesday the 28th January and only 1 flight by JC Airlines is coming up after I land in Swampy. That is at 13.20. No sign of a 17.30 flight.

It does look like I'm on the Bangkok Airways flight at 17.20

Strangely the random date I chose was the 28th but August not January. Unfortunately it looks like their Tuesday flight time is earlier than on a Wednesday which is the day August 28th falls on.

Sorry it was no help but I learned a bit about this small Cambodian airline and their five aircraft. 

On 12/08/2019 at 18:45, TaffBill said:

Yes mate thanks. Thats the one I was talking about at 17.20

Yeah get that one. No stress, chill in the airport, you know you're gonna be on that flight. Bangkok Airways is the best short haul airline in Asia and is a full service carrier, they even give you a lounge at BKK with free f&b in eco class. 

Archived