Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

High Rise Hotel/Lodging Along Beach Road with a Balcony

El Moreno 809

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel/lodging along Beach Road that is high rise (9 floors or more) with a balcony facing the sea?

I am looking at Talay, but the pictures I am seeing are of balconies with a partial sea view. -TIA

On my last trip a few weeks ago, I stayed in a King Oceanfront at the Hilton.

While I had a perfectly good stay, I don't beleive the Hilton is good value any more as rooms have not been updated since it was built and are showing definite signs of wear and tear. But service remains top notch and the seaview is second to none.

King Hilton Deluxe Oceanfront room with bed and tv

Expect to pay 7000b per night for the oceanfront room. More if you want Exec lounge access.

2 hours ago, worldpunter said:

Discovery beach hotel. 

Are they girl friendly? 

1 hour ago, Spursman said:

On my last trip a few weeks ago, I stayed in a King Oceanfront at the Hilton.

While I had a perfectly good stay, I don't beleive the Hilton is good value any more as rooms have not been updated since it was built and are showing definite signs of wear and tear. But service remains top notch and the seaview is second to none.

King Hilton Deluxe Oceanfront room with bed and tv

Expect to pay 7000b per night for the oceanfront room. More if you want Exec lounge access.

Girl friendly? 

3 minutes ago, El Moreno 809 said:

Are they girl friendly? 

No didcovery beach is not,im sure its 1000b per guest,hilton is guest friendly

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Girl friendly? 

Stayed in Hilton over 30 times last few years and never any problem... i always book room for 2 guests (same price), and if you take a girl back to the hotel before central festival closes you can even enter from 6th floor there next to Pizza Company restaurant, gets you to 15th floor in Hilton (reception is on 16th floor), from there you can take the backside elevators directly to your room without walk of shame to reception (if you care). Depending on time of day they sometimes ask for the girls ID when walking in, but never any issues with joiner fees or thelike and during international fireworks I had 4 girls with me in my room to enjoy the view...
Got upgraded to corner suite once with jaccuzzi on balcony directly facing beachroad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, spacearni said:

Stayed in Hilton over 30 times last few years and never any problem... i always book room for 2 guests (same price), and if you take a girl back to the hotel before central festival closes you can even enter from 6th floor there next to Pizza Company restaurant, gets you to 15th floor in Hilton 

Yep, the back elevator straight from Central Festival takes you right up to the reception floor. In fact, you can access it from any floor of CF.

They have recently changed the way you register your joiner - you no longer need to go to reception as they will register and take ID at the ground floor desk. Very efficient and young chap called Prague is a top guy and very helpful. 

Completely girl friendly!

6 hours ago, El Moreno 809 said:

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel/lodging along Beach Road that is high rise (9 floors or more) with a balcony facing the sea?

I am looking at Talay, but the pictures I am seeing are of balconies with a partial sea view. -TIA

View Talay 6, 18th Floor

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

17 hours ago, KanoMike said:

View Talay 6, 18th Floor

Well dang, I must have been looking at the wrong pics. This and the Hilton are just what the doctored orders. 

Talay is girl friendly correct?

Just now, El Moreno 809 said:

Well dang, I must have been looking at the wrong pics. This and the Hilton are just what the doctored orders. 

Talay is girl friendly correct?

talay 6 is a condo block not a hotel. that view is  from the south side. from the other side you would mostly see central festival shopping centre and the higher Hilton hotel

I am guessing, same thing as KanoMike posted?

3D53F80F-BF09-48D3-BFFF-9655554D9C33.jpeg

Yep, the back elevator straight from Central Festival takes you right up to the reception floor. In fact, you can access it from any floor of CF.
They have recently changed the way you register your joiner - you no longer need to go to reception as they will register and take ID at the ground floor desk. Very efficient and young chap called Prague is a top guy and very helpful. 
Completely girl friendly!

The elevator at the stairs where you walk in goes to 16th floor, those on the back (turn left as you walk in from Central and then around the corner) go straight to the rooms without having to go to 16th floor... but all good, never had problems either way, just saves you the look from other guests if you bring back two or three really slutty looking girls at once haha... same reason to take park deck elevator underneath family mart in LK Empress [emoji847]

5 hours ago, El Moreno 809 said:

I am guessing, same thing as KanoMike posted?

Yep, the only drawback is its gets very warm in the afternoon with the sun beating down on the balcony. Also there is a Jacuzzi on the balcony as well.

9 hours ago, El Moreno 809 said:

Well dang, I must have been looking at the wrong pics.

Depends who you book VT6 through. Main problem being most (through Agoda, bookings.com, hotels.com etc.) you don't book a specific room so until you turn up no idea what floor, at the Beach Road or 2nd Road end etc. Even if you book an "ocean view" from some of them you could get a north side room.

17 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Depends who you book VT6 through. Main problem being most (through Agoda, bookings.com, hotels.com etc.) you don't book a specific room so until you turn up no idea what floor, at the Beach Road or 2nd Road end etc. Even if you book an "ocean view" from some of them you could get a north side room.

I went through Dance Watchers and picked a specific room. Check out their website. I was looking for a 1 bedroom condo.

That's why I said depends who you book through. But every time I look at Dancewatchers website my eyes bleed ... have always given up on them. Plus I don't mind a mystery (last trip, three different condos in VT6 as I kept extending) and I like all in prices.

3 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

That's why I said depends who you book through. But every time I look at dancewatchers website my eyes bleed ... have always given up on them. Plus I don't mind a mystery (last trip, three different condos in VT6 as I kept extending) and I like all in prices.

On Agoda, the amenities that indicates “Air Conditioning” is lined through as if to indicate the unit(s) do not have A/C. Is that the case?

Nope, they all have aircon.

The main issue with condos (to me anyway) is not all with have normal housekeeping included so keep an eye out for that. Others, depending on length of stay, will charge you separately for water and electric.

5 hours ago, spacearni said:

The elevator at the stairs where you walk in goes to 16th floor, those on the back (turn left as you walk in from Central and then around the corner) go straight to the rooms without having to go to 16th floor... but all good, never had problems either way, just saves you the look from other guests if you bring back two or three really slutty looking girls at once haha... same reason to take park deck elevator underneath family mart in LK Empress emoji847.png

Thanks buddy - all the times I’ve stayed there and never knew!

However, probably won’t stay at the Hilton on my next trip in November as it’s not good value for money.

The criteria that matters to me:

location - between beach road and second

room - large with sea view balcony

bathroom - large walk in shower

facilities - pool

dont need breakfast as never up in time. For me one place that ticks all the boxes is the sea view deluxe at Sea Me Spring on soi 10. And at 2500b per night, it’s less than half the price of the cheapest room st the Hilton.

I always book hotels.com with the rooms from Honeys Coffee shop and have been very happy with the sea view rooms that I was given. Got a great rate for my October trip so will be staying with Honey again. They have their own cleaning crew and if you need even more clean towels just take the used towels downstairs to their laundry shop next to there office. I always start the day with 4 towels but take a lot of showers because of the heat. And I do use the self serve coin washing machine across from the office for my clothes

Archived