IGNORED

Digital Photo Enhancement

mongo2

9 hours ago, mongo2 said:

Again thanks BillyBoy294:

I will keep Adobe Photoshop CC in mind, but at the moment I am going to try to learn GIMP and there seems to be a lot to learn.

It can also lighten up dark scenes. Today I was speaking to a friend who teaches computing and he was not impressed with GIMP.

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

41 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

It can also lighten up dark scenes. Today I was speaking to a friend who teaches computing and he was not impressed with GIMP.

Of course he has access to the latest software and tries to teach what is the latest (at a reasonable price).

We are lucky in Thailand having access to computer software for a a hundred or two baht. I believe in England you have to 'lease' CC version 2019  at £10 per month. Tukcom installed Version 2018 in my desktop.

Edited by Billyboy294

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

We are lucky in Thailand having access to computer software for a a hundred or two baht. I believe in England you have to 'lease' CC version 2019  at £10 per month. Tukcom installed Version 2018 in my desktop.

I will continue to spend some time learning GIMP.  It it proves too much for me or too inconvenient I may try the Photoshop CC later.  Thank you for the suggestions.

Re;  Jo1992 , adanjscott:  I think (but correct me if I am wrong) but i believe that Photoshop portable and Lightroom mobile are for mobile phones (Android).  I am using a DELL desktop with Windows 10.
PS:  I have uninstalled GIMP, then reinstalled GIMP and still cannot open it.  I thought I saw a message that quickly displayed and disappeared that indicated to launch it the first time one needed to use the 'hot keys' but I see no reference to 'hot keys'.   Does anyone know how to launch GIMP?
Very confused!

My mistake.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

AdobCC19.jpg

19 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

How much mate.. I hate having to pay a bloody subscription....

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

19 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

12 minutes ago, Atlas said:

How much mate.. I hate having to pay a bloody subscription....

As I said,  In England £10 per month and i read 10 USD per month. It looked like you could not actually buy it there..

An Indian friend installed Photoshop CC 2016 in my desktop 2 years ago using a CD. Tukcom put in 2018 a few months ago...

Edited by Billyboy294

• 2 months later...

I'm using photoshop cs 6.0 and photoshop cc (latests) if I need to edit my sony raw files...

I'd rather not use photoshop cc though....   

many people are trying to move off of lightroom and photoshop cc due to the subscription price increases and limitations

since you have an older camera, I'm sure photoshop cs6.0 can handle any raw file that your camera produces.  It can get a "copy" of it at most places in bkk or pattaya

• 2 months later...

You can use Adobe Camera Raw for some basic touches.

If you need heavy editing use Adobe Lightroom. I use Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom for fine tune my pictures.:GrinNod1:

6 hours ago, MixerDJ said:

You can use Adobe Camera Raw for some basic touches.

If you need heavy editing use Adobe Lightroom. I use Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom for fine tune my pictures.:GrinNod1:

MixerDJ:  Thank you for your response.  My camera does not save in RAW.  It is a 12 yo Nikon P100 Bridge camera.  What I have been using to save the photos is Nikon Transfer, then Fastone Image Viewer for post-processing.  It is simple and quick.  If there is something better for .jpg's please let me know.  

I tried Gimp but found it too complicated for me.

4 hours ago, mongo2 said:

MixerDJ:  Thank you for your response.  My camera does not save in RAW.  It is a 12 yo Nikon P100 Bridge camera.  What I have been using to save the photos is Nikon Transfer, then Fastone Image Viewer for post-processing.  It is simple and quick.  If there is something better for .jpg's please let me know.  

I tried Gimp but found it too complicated for me.

You can use Lightroom for jpg's. 

If you have photoshop you can use a plugin called Luminar 4 or Photolemur .

13 hours ago, MixerDJ said:

You can use Lightroom for jpg's. 

If you have photoshop you can use a plugin called Luminar 4 or Photolemur .

Adobe Lightroom appears to have several options.  I would want to use an option that is totally free.  I do not wish to use an app that is a limited free trial.  Can you recommend the best option that is totally free.

• 8 months later...

Free on PC: you can consider GIMP or Rawtherapee or Darktable. They can all manage RAW files or Jpeg. You can get good editing but must get thru some practice and learning. You can find tutorials on the net. 

Pay Software: Adobe is expensive and only with a subscription system. Better alternatives and way cheaper are Affinity Photo, On1 photo and Luminar. The most complete is On1 as you can process and also manage library. Affinity has very good capabilities but more technical; they have a good number of video tutorial that are well done. The easiest to handle is Luminar. Luminar is giving away free their previous version and that's really worth trying it. Check their page for getting the free download link: https://skylum.com/fr/luminar-3-for-free

Otherwise all those programs let you download and get a 30 days free trial. 

There is also Photolab by DXO. Good program especially for lens correction. and denoising. A bit expensive bug still less than Adobe. DXO has bought a suite of programs from Google that was called Nik Collection. Before google sold it, it was free. You can still easily find it on the net. See this link for instance: 

Nik programs can work as Adobe plugs in as well. In Nik Collection, there is a real gem, Nik Silver Efex Pro, still the best B&W processing software. Worth getting Nik Collection free just did this one. New version by DXO did not bring much change so the free suite is still a great bargain. 

On Android App, I do not use much. The only app I use regularly is SnapSeed. That's free also. 

Pick your choice and have fun!