IGNORED

Tapatalk - auto follows

Scuba+

Anyone know how to stop the auto follow of posters? I think it's when I reply to a post it auto follows the person as well as the thread.

I can't see anything in settings.

Have a look at your profile and see if you are following loads of people you didn't realise

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Anyone know how to stop the auto follow of posters? I think it's when I reply to a post it auto follows the person as well as the thread.

I can't see anything in settings.

Have a look at your profile and see if you are following loads of people you didn't realise

You seem to be talking about 2 separate things (AND I have no idea why you included "Tapatalk")

For specific posters, click on their username which takes you to their profile. Up top you can "UNfollow" them. Of course that means you've followed them previously.

If you're getting notifications for a specific thread, either you clicked on "Follow" in the upper right hand corner of the thread OR you've clicked on, in your Notification Settings (in your profile) you've checked 1 or both of the "Automatically Follow Content" boxes. I suspect it's those boxes as this thread shows 1 "follower" and I expect that's YOU. :D

(Profile > Settings > Notification Settings)

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

You seem to be talking about 2 separate things (AND I have no idea why you included "Tapatalk")

For specific posters, click on their username which takes you to their profile. Up top you can "UNfollow" them. Of course that means you've followed them previously.
If you're getting notifications for a specific thread, either you clicked on "Follow" in the upper right hand corner of the thread OR you've clicked on, in your Notification Settings (in your profile) you've checked 1 or both of the "Automatically Follow Content" boxes. I suspect it's those boxes as this thread shows 1 "follower" and I expect that's YOU. [emoji3]
You've misunderstood, I'm not referring to threads and I haven't manually followed anyone. I only use Tapatalk so any setting changes are done through there although i just checked PA website and I can't see any settings showing me automatically following people. Yes it's easy to unfollow people which takes seconds within Tapatalk but I'd prefer it to stop following automaticallyab9d5807b1015c99ab09711ba5607ded.jpg

Nope. He's talking about a specific issue with Tapatalk automatically subscribing a user to another BM's thread.

I've had this happen twice in the last few weeks and have no idea how to stop it. The two threads were from one the BM, so perhaps Tapatalk has an algorithm that assumes if you interact with a particular BM X amount of times then you must want to follow any threads they start...?

Who knows...

Had a look at mine, I'm assuming you mean here:

562394a5f2f2d7a77a267b7067a548d1.jpg

I had 7 in that list that I was "following", which is strange because I've never clicked to follow a BM only certain threads. I've since unfollowed them.

The BM who's thread's I was auto-subscribed to was in that list so I'll see if it happens again...

Had a look at mine, I'm assuming you mean here:

562394a5f2f2d7a77a267b7067a548d1.jpg

I had 7 in that list that I was "following", which is strange because I've never clicked to follow a BM only certain threads. I've since unfollowed them.

The BM who's thread's I was auto-subscribed to was in that list so I'll see if it happens again...
Yes that's it, i think it automatically follows people you reply to. A bug in Tapatalk I'm guessing

15 hours ago, sulu said:

If you're getting notifications for a specific thread, either you clicked on "Follow" in the upper right hand corner of the thread OR you've clicked on, in your Notification Settings (in your profile) you've checked 1 or both of the "Automatically Follow Content" boxes. I suspect it's those boxes as this thread shows 1 "follower" and I expect that's YOU. :D

12 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

You've misunderstood, I'm not referring to threads and I haven't manually followed anyone. I only use Tapatalk so any setting changes are done through there although i just checked PA website and I can't see any settings showing me automatically following people. Yes it's easy to unfollow people which takes seconds within Tapatalk but I'd prefer it to stop following automaticallyab9d5807b1015c99ab09711ba5607ded.jpg

Perhaps I misunderstood or perhaps I should have made my post a bit clearer ?

OK, so you've not followed any poster specifically. But I gave you TWO scenarios. Your screen capture seems to suggest it's the SECOND of the 2 I was referring to.

You HAVE "asked" to be notified whenever YOU post new content (read "thread" (as this thread)) AND you've asked to be notified whenever anybody makes a post in a thread YOU have posted in. That's what those 2 checked boxes that you posted do.

Yeah, the designers probably could've worded that better but that's what those 2 checked boxes you show do. Or are you suggesting that Tapatalk somehow did those settings on its own ?

Personally, I've UNchecked those 2 boxes since I seem to get notifications automatically for any of my posts that have been "quoted" or "reacted to". Other than that I mostly read the board's "Unread" (new) content.

Hope this helps.

PA-notifications.png

Perhaps I misunderstood or perhaps I should have made my post a bit clearer ?

OK, so you've not followed any poster specifically. But I gave you TWO scenarios. Your screen capture seems to suggest it's the SECOND of the 2 I was referring to.

You HAVE "asked" to be notified whenever YOU post new content (read "thread" (as this thread)) AND you've asked to be notified whenever anybody makes a post in a thread YOU have posted in. That's what those 2 checked boxes that you posted do.

Yeah, the designers probably could've worded that better but that's what those 2 checked boxes you show do. Or are you suggesting that Tapatalk somehow did those settings on its own ?

Personally, I've UNchecked those 2 boxes since I seem to get notifications automatically for any of my posts that have been "quoted" or "reacted to". Other than that I mostly read the board's "Unread" (new) content.

Hope this helps.

PA-notifications.thumb.png.61284d91e866f321c68609eecb938885.png

You are confused again. This is about "following" a BM not about replies to threads. See post #4 Johnny gets it 

In the notifications, slide to the left and it reveals a menu to stop following etc.
I can't see that, maybe that's a VIP option. Do a screenshot if you get a chance. I can unfollow easy enough by clicking on my profile and it lists them, but I'd prefer it to stop doing it automatically

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

You are confused again. This is about "following" a BM not about replies to threads. See post #4 Johnny gets it 

So Tapatalk is affecting your board settings then. OK, got it.

On 08/08/2019 at 18:58, misteregg said:
4169346216df2ffc13fccf9c115ac9e6.jpg

Is that the iOS version? Because I can't do that on my Android version.

Plus, it's only a solution after being auto-subscribed, it doesn't stop these random auto-follows...

It seems to be if you reply to a post it follows that person. I should probably log it as a bug over at Tapatalk forum. Only applies to Pattaya Addicts, not Thai Visa forum it seems...

f4a0b2adeb618f5522a14e109f7c4d11.jpg

On 08/08/2019 at 18:58, misteregg said:
4169346216df2ffc13fccf9c115ac9e6.jpg

Misteregg, you know you are following 82 people?4254adcbfa04481c92a6f570543f724c.jpg

On 08/08/2019 at 21:40, Scuba+ said:
It seems to be if you reply to a post it follows that person. I should probably log it as a bug over at Tapatalk forum. Only applies to Pattaya Addicts, not Thai Visa forum it seems

Just checked my settings and you're right, I'm automatically following you and Mr. Egg.

Must be a recent thing because I've quoted many more BM's but I was only following 7... Weird

I do realize that I have not learned all the Tapatalk tricks but I did learn to get rid of the aggravation. I uninstalled it and no more problems.

I do realize that I have not learned all the Tapatalk tricks but I did learn to get rid of the aggravation. I uninstalled it and no more problems.
You may have solved it. I uninstalled Tapatalk, then restarted the phone to get rid of any rogue files hanging about. Then reinstalled, replied to a post and it isn't following yet. So far so good but there could be a delay

15 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
17 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

You may have solved it. I uninstalled Tapatalk, then restarted the phone to get rid of any rogue files hanging about. Then reinstalled, replied to a post and it isn't following yet. So far so good but there could be a delay

My phone has an option app called Security. It supposedly cleans up the junk. I still had remnants of Tapatalk and Line until I ran the app. It must have cleaned up the junk because the icon on my home page disappeared. It was still there after I uninstalled Tapatalk and Line.

Archived