IGNORED

The Bull

I had never heard of this restaurant but went there last night for dinner with a mate who had a 30% discount for the place on eatigo. It's basically a steak house cum fine dining restaurant. The owner is French I think and very attentive and explains what's in the meals. It is neither cheapo nor expensive but I'd say excellent value for the quality of the food and cooking, it's probably cheaper than Patrick's or Beefeaters.

It's located near the Pattaya City Hospital on Road 3 about 500 yards south of the Lenkee corner. I have no relationship with the place but good restaurants deserve to survive.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

but good restaurants deserve to survive.

Completely agree. Thanks for recommending and one of these days I will give it a try....

Tried yesterday evening. Food and service were absolutely great. What a definite turnoff for me was the music. I think it's called lounge music. Made me crazy. Didn't even order a desert.

Apart from that: recommended.

• Haha 1

Thanks here as well. With Mata Hari, Bruno's, and possibly L'oliver all closing, it is good to hear about a place like this. Will likely give it a try after I get back. And eatigo too is good.

I went there last night with a mate. He had the NT strip steak (Australian) at 1,000 baht. He ordered it medium but it came out a bit rare so he asked them to cook it slightly longer then he liked it.

I had Poisson a la Provencais which was a crumbed cod. Best fish meal I have had in Pattaya by a long, long way. The crumbs weren't baked around it like the usual pub fare, the fish was more like coated with them. At 360 baht it was comparable with prices for the run of the mill cod. Fried veges as a side was 70 baht.

I really like this restaurant and it seems to have built up a bit of a clientele despite not being that easy to find.

• Like 1

took me 2 efforts to find the place but here it is daytime

112781926_14aug001(Custom).JPG.bb3066daf16618242d5d2d2ee4ef577a.JPG

sign says open 18.00 to midnight

128692130_14aug002(Custom).JPG.9f0665df0987dd9bc5b38faba3fc8397.JPG

1242272245_14aug003(Custom).JPG.7883bb8e2858037d5582865e3855de07.JPG

if coming south along third rd from lengkee it's on the right hand side  past the newish amazon coffee place and before soi 33

1472687960_14aug005(Custom).JPG.424d16c4a9824c4f4da4cd21e5bda5f7.JPG

124121788_14aug006(Custom).JPG.a04d03e691630554763752e63e6efbe2.JPG

4 minutes ago, striderman said:

took me 2 efforts to find the place but here it is daytime

sign says open 18.00 to midnight

if coming south along third rd from lengkee it's on the right hand side  past the newish amazon coffee place and before soi 33

124121788_14aug006(Custom).JPG.a04d03e691630554763752e63e6efbe2.JPG

Helpful as always S Man.

image.png

The owner told me tonight everything is home made. The mozzarella cheese is imported from France and is the best I have had in Pattaya. He said they charge a little more than some places but the quality is much better.

The Bull is my current favourite restaurant but tomorrow we will go eat at Marco's in Jomtien before heading to WS for an after dinner Mint..

You'd prefer they made their own cheese, wine and beer now?

There are several Italian families living in France who produce and sell mozzarella "made in France".

Edited by markado

13 minutes ago, markado said:

There are several Italian families living in France who product and sell mozzarella "made in France".

Where should they say it's made? Even more confusing, what point are you trying to make?

4 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

Where should they say it's made? Even more confusing, what point are you trying to make?

Its made in France. so its  French mozzarella. 

Edited by markado

10 hours ago, Kahoy said:

You'd prefer they made their own cheese, wine and beer now?

You did say everything?

Been banned from a food group on facebook for providing discounts for reviews ...and accused of overpriced food. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Been banned from a food group on facebook for providing discounts for reviews ...and accused of overpriced food. 

No surprise there.

On 17/08/2019 at 03:59, Kahoy said:

Mozzarella is typically known as a cheese from Italy not France. So I'm guessing his point is that there are some good producers of "Mozzarella" in France. However, I think they technically can't call it Mozzarella unless it is made in certain geographic regions of Southern Italy.

4 hours ago, mochatsubo said:

... I think they technically can't call it Mozzarella unless it is made in certain geographic regions of Southern Italy.

Only mozzarella made from water buffalo milk  in the  Compania region  of is allowed to be called "Mozzarella di Bufala Campana,"  However,  most mozzarella cheese inside and outside Italy is made from cow's milk.  The general designation "mozzarella" is not protected by the E.U. or Italian government.

Much of what's called "mozzarella" outside Italy doesn't bear much resemblance to traditional buffalo mozzarella.  Italy produces about 33,000 metric tons of buffalo mozzarella a year while the U.S. turned out two million metric tons of generic cow's milk mozzarella in 2018.  The recipe for the U.S. industrial "mozzarella" has been adjusted to emphasis even melting and long shelf-life because it is mostly used as topping for pizza or pasta in the U.S.

Evil

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Only the origin is protected, not the name "mozzarella".
In France they make both from Buffalo or from cow milk.
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-radio/a-toutes-saveurs/a-toutes-saveurs-la-mozzarella-di-bufala-di-cantal_2671398.html
Guide Michelin website. https://voyages.michelin.fr/europe/france/languedoc-roussillon/aude/durban-corbieres/reportage/de-la-mozzarella-100-made

Edited by markado

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2019 at 18:53, taylor1975 said:

Wouldn’t put it quite like that. Let’s just say if an establishment messages relatively high profile social media posters who write about restaurant meals, offering them a discounted visit because they are such knowledgeable diners who obviously understand and appreciate good food, then you are likely in my view to end up with an unfair picture of the place - through no fault whatsoever of the guests. 

TWD admin and the restaurant owner fell out over that, and me personally, I’ve little time for the man since he commented on a French language thread a couple of years ago, which was slagging off food groups, that Anglos basically are complete idiots who know nothing about real food.

Dont wish ill on any business in Pattaya, but no patience for that kind of thing. 

Edited by TWD
  • Like 2

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya