IGNORED

URL changes - accident or design?

ocka

I noticed yesterday that none of my bookmarks for accessing the forum work any more.  I was unable to connect for about 24 hours.

It seems that URLs of the form "www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum" are all dead,  and have been replaced with the format "forum.pattaya-addicts.com."  Using the old format gives various HTTP "not found", and "not Authorised" type errors.

I eventually searched for the problem on Google,  thinking that the server was broken.  It was then that I discovered the new URL format.  Everything works as normal using the new addresses.

I'm just wondering,  is it meant to be like this,  or was it an accident?  I imagine many users will click on the entry in their favorites or bookmarks list and get an error as I did,  but they may just assume the server is broken and give up.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Ah that explains it. I got really confused this morning. 

Old bookmarks in the phone worked, but not on my laptop. Thought my home IP got banned ;)

My original bookmark has returned this result for a couple of days:

image.png.64d5624cb309ec9078079a8683537332.png

There seems to be some redirect issues atm.

Also the main page (www.pattaya-addicts.com) is not accessible. 

For the time being I suggest you change your URL from www.pattaya-addicts/forum/ to forum.pattaya-addict.com/.

This is the first time I've been able to access the forum all day! I thought it was down because none of my URL links worked. Same with bangkok-addicts. I still haven't been able to get bangkok-addicts today.

On 20/07/2019 at 12:39, ocka said:

It seems that URLs of the form "www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum" are all dead,  and have been replaced with the format "forum.pattaya-addicts.com."  Using the old format gives various HTTP "not found", and "not Authorised" type errors.

Hi. I had the same problem. Must be 3 days that I can't access this forum. As they talked about an update I just thought: Yet another forum who get serious troubles with a software update... :unsure:

But talked with Gemini who told me it was working for him ??

So indeed, https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/ is working  :)

but https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/ or https://pattaya-addicts.com/ return an error page, or nothing.

Could be useful to redirect this 2 URL on the forum one... IMHO. :wink:

Posts in this topic about the same issue.

• Ru4Real locked this topic

Sorry gents, didn't see this one until @ocka mentioned it over in the thread  @forcebwithu just linked above.

Long story short, known problem, hopefully fixed today (further info in the other thread).

Archived